Covid and its effects on marihuana market

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Goblin_smasher, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Hello everyone!

Curious as to how covid has effected the situation locally for you.

For instance in my native country of Norway, prices went up 2 times the normal steep price, borders closed, operation hubris busted growers in germany.

Growers and smugglers in Spain and morocco have been busted and the king of morocco wants to strike down
    Hard on the growing and smuggling community there.(to my understanding these People are poor farmers barely scraping by. The People making money would be the mafia)

Border control have Said in press that they have busted alot more cannabis seeds now under covid than before.

A lot of new growers have taken up the hobby and become enthusiasts and decriminalization of smaller amounts is happening in summer. If the police is not successfully stoppin it..

How are things in your Nation,friend?

2. Nothings changed price wise for me.. I had to travel to another town last year to buy weed but that's about as bad as it's got :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes the situation is different from country to country. If you are in usa you might live in one of the States that recently legalized. That is huge :)

4. upload_2021-3-20_4-57-0.png
    this why i drive an hour away to get my weed at a cheaper dispensary,paid 150 for an OZ at 22% thc of some indica, but the sativa was 24% and same price.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Does the high last long ?

6. I forgot to say I live in the UK :laughing::smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  7. yeah bro its always some good california weed i just happen to live in a county thats in bumfuck nowhere so the dispo here jacks up the price, which is fine,understandable, but thats just price gouging. I drive an hour and spend 20$ on gas and save probably 80$ compared to that place lol. both are good weed but its just price gouging and unethical as fuck in my opinion.especially since its a legal state.

8. No such thing as price gouging.
    It's good old fashioned capitalism in action.
    Law of supply and demand.
    Your free to NOT pay their prices.

Freedom be some scary shit.
    You found a cheaper source and are willing to drive a ways to get a price you want.
    You'd rather it was .GOV controlled and just one source at what price the .GOV feels you should pay?
    That is Communism and everybody eats shit under that system.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. when did i say ANYTHING about government regulation lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. LOL because the people that whine loudest about "Gouging" next call for something to be done.
    I'm old and I've seen this movie dozens of times.
    Has the same ending every time.
    I "Asked" if you'd rather it was .GOV controlled like it is in Canada.
    Crappy weed and no other choices.

BNW

11. exactly, and i did do something about it without the government. i went somewhere else. try not to talk down to people next time.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. So you can go to a dispensary and get your stuff?:)

13. I also live in the UK. I cant stopping thinking about how great legal smoke bars would be on the highsteets. Places to smoke and relax while being served great fresh food. You could have live sports, local bands playing and a place for people to come stand on a stage to talk about local problems as well as deep philosophical discussions. For a small fee you could enter the smokebox room which would pretty much work like a steam room. They would but high volumes of weed and blast it through the vents until you can take no more and have to burst out the doors for fresh air!

Places where people would be more in tune to listen and care. Places where you can walk home after have a great sleep and wake up feeling refreshed. Places where creativity can be shared and expressed so much that it would spill out onto the streets.

How great this would be! I hope this vision comes to life.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I like the idea. It would be a natural meeting place for all kinds of people when the establishment is all those things and more. Dont give up on your Dreams! Maybe try to vision more how it would be?

The smoke room thing, hehe. Makes me think of the old Police academy movies

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Just About the Same for me Lol Weed is Legal in this State so it hasn't Really Affected me the Dispensary Been Open an Me an My Boo Go there a lot lol. We Just Wear Masks an stuff tho inside it.

~Toni~

16. No higher prices and lower quality etc ?

17. if you're in Oslo-Bergen-Stranvger you're toking my weed ...lol and yeah peeps fuck up, others cash in ...
    I'm the latter lol
    Euro prices peaked everytime any government said anything about covid(wuhan flue)
    the latest was in Poland up 4.5 times the street value just last week

I'm down to just 3 popular fast growing strains power plant,northern lights and bomb auto all dictated by the market ...lol sorry I've had to leave friends in the lurch wanting old prices and quality

as for legalisation in Scandinavia my monies gotta be spent on something lets try prohibition

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 Goblin_smasher, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Nice, I am a bit more north of the places you mentioned. You are european?

Yeah a lot of people doof up. Good for you that you did not get the short end.
    What used to be good money might be more now. But I imagine logistics is more expensive now during covid and such things might run prices up a bit

Legalization is a long way. People dont even understand what decriminalization means..

Would love to get my hands on northern light someday

Your weed..do you mean your strain crosses?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. what happens when the communist do have control over the market and the prices??

20. i have been having mine delivered. it’s so much easier. and definitely worth the delivery fee. every now and then i’ll leave a small tip

• Winner Winner x 1