Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cooking with tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Joshalopagus, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Recently a friend gave a large quantity of tincture, made with 120 proof everclear.
    Ive tried it by itself and its pretty potent but im more interested in trying to make some candies or other edibles with it. Im not having any luck finding any links with recipes just links saying that you can use it and im unsure on how to actually use it.
    Any links or advice would be very helpful.
    Im more interested in trying to make candy atm but like I said, anything helps

2. #2 squirksa, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    see below

• Like Like x 1
  3. Type "Another Tincture Thread" into the search bar and look through Psychedelic Sam's
    Green Dragon table of contents to find your recipes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 120 proof is closer to vodka then it is to Moonshine. AKA high proof booze. Are you in California? LOL
    I order my 190 proof from Maine since I can't buy higher then 120 on the shelf here.

Made with a very low proof Alcohol all that water presents a problem. Your Tincture is nearly half water.

Candies many people put a drop of Tincture on each Gummie for example. By the time you get to the last one on the tray the first one has dried and a second drop can be added and so on. Dusting with Powdered Sugar or Citric acid will seal the addition.
    All that water will slow or prevent the drying action we want.

Adding tincture directly to a baking recipe is usually a disaster. Do a test batch first with everything EXCEPT the cannabis.

All to often we get folks with a bad cooking fail and then they show up here looking for a fix. Unfortunately there usually isn't one. It doesn't take much to ruin a Cookie or Brownie recipe adding a foreign substance.
    Cooking IS rocket science or so my wife assures me.

As suggested hit Sam's Tincture thread for more detailed info.

BNW

• Like Like x 2