Coming 2 America (2021)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Mar 14, 2021.

1. #1 Vee, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021

The African monarch Akeem learns he has a long-lost son in the United States
    and must return to America to meet this unexpected heir and build a relationship with his son.

check the cast half I thought were dead well almost:
    • Arsenio Hall as Semmi, Akeem's best friend and aide.
      • Hall also plays Reverend Brown, a reverend of the church,[8] as well as Mr. Clarence's right hand barber, Morris, and Baba, a witch doctor.[9] He also reprised his role of Extremely Ugly Girl from the first film through archival footage.
    • Jermaine Fowler as Lavelle Junson, Akeem's and Mary's son.[10]
    • Leslie Jones as Mary Junson, Lavelle's mother.[11][12]
    • Tracy Morgan as Uncle Reem Junson, Lavelle's uncle and Mary's brother.[13]
    • KiKi Layne as Princess Meeka Joffer, Akeem's and Lisa's first daughter. She is ineligible to take over the throne of Zamunda since it has to be a male heir.[14]
    • Shari Headley as Queen Lisa Joffer, Akeem's wife whom he fell in love with during his first trip to America.
    • Wesley Snipes as General Izzi,[15] Imani's older brother and leader of Nexdoria.[16][17]
    • Teyana Taylor as Bopoto Izzi, General Izzi's daughter.[18]
    • James Earl Jones as King Jaffe Joffer, Akeem's ailing father and the King of Zamunda.
    • Bella Murphy as Princess Omma Joffer, Akeem's and Lisa's second daughter.[19][20]
    • Akiley Love as Princess Tinashe Joffer, Akeem's and Lisa's third daughter.[21]
    • Paul Bates as Oha, a longtime royal servant.[22]
    • John Amos as Cleo McDowell, Akeem's former employer and father-in-law and Lisa's father.
    • Louie Anderson as Maurice, a manager at McDowell's restaurant.
    • Rotimi as Idi Izzi, General Izzi's son and the Prince of Nexdoria.[23][24]
    • Vanessa Bell Calloway as Imani Izzi, General Izzi's younger sister and Akeem's former intended bride.
    • Nomzamo Mbatha as Mirembe, a royal groomer and Lavelle's love interest.[25]
    • Clint Smith as Sweets, a barber.[26]
    • Luenell as Livia, Lavelle's aunt
    • Michael Blackson as Izzi's Lieutenant
    • Garcelle Beauvais as Grace, a royal rose bearer.
    • Trevor Noah as Totatsi Bibinyana, a Zamunda News Network anchor
    • Colin Jost as Mr. Duke[27]
    • Morgan Freeman as himself[28]
    • Davido as himself[29] ..................all from wiki

This feel good movie hits the spot

A very chilled multi talented Eddie Murphy has mellowed over the years, Wesley Snipes too.

Stoner Value = High (costumes.sets.music even story)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Still haven't seen it, I hope it's close to the same high standard as the first movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I watched it, it's good! They slightly avoid political correctness and stick to the original humor the first one offered!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I could only tolerate the first half hour. This movie did not meet sexual chocolate status for me.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Well I Haven't Seen This New One Yet...I Heard Some People Say it was Worse then the Original an Some People Say it as Good. So I Guess ima Just Have to Watch it My Self an See How I Feel About it.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I thought the first one was pretty good but the new one was mediocre at best but then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I might just give up TV & start up wanking i think. The original was great and i actually thought Eddie wouldn't screw us or Prime, but yep they did Vostok.

So another :bang: awarded...

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. sequel syndrome

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. But wait theirs more:

[​IMG]
    Childish Gambino is being sued for copyright infringement over his Grammy Award-inning
    rap song This Is America.

Emelike Nwosuocha, a rapper who performs as Kidd Wes, claims the song copied his track Made In America, which was released two years earlier.
    The "lyrical theme, content and structure" of the two songs' choruses are "glaringly similar", he said in court documents filed in New York.
    Childish Gambino, aka Donald Glover, has yet to respond to the claims

'Beyond coincidence'
    In 2019, This Is America made history by becoming the first rap track to win song of the year
    at the Grammy Awards.One of the most-discussed and powerful songs of the year, it delivered a scathing message about racial inequality, police brutality and gun violence, which was amplified by its provocative music video.However, in court documents, Nwosuocha said there was a "substantial similarity" between Glover's track and his own.
    He claimed the songs shared a "distinct and unique vocal cadence, delivery, rhythm, timing [and] phrasing", and noted how the choruses of Made In America and This Is America were written in the same metre.
    Nwosuocha alleged that the similarity in lyrical content and delivery was "striking to an extent beyond coincidence" and "audible to the average lay person".

The rapper also employed a musicologist to compare the two tracks, who concluded that "these similarities are likely not coincidences", the court documents said.
    Nwosuocha is demanding a trial and is seeking damages including lost profits and opportunities. While no sum is mentioned, he claimed that Glover and his co-writers made "hundreds of millions of dollars" from This Is America.
    His legal case also named Childish Gambino's record label, RCA, Roc Nation and Young Thug, who performed backing vocals on the track.
    However, it is not the first time that Glover has been accused of plagiarising This Is America.

In 2018, a hip-hop blogger named Akademiks noted a similarity between the song and American Pharaoh by New York rapper Jase Harley.

However, Harley said he had no interest in pursuing legal action. "I feel extremely humbled to be recognised and labelled as one of, or the original inspiration, for one of the most important pieces of music and visual art of our time," he posted on Instagram.

"I appreciate all the love and support! But please don't let this controversy dilute the message me and Childish Gambino are trying to convey."

Childish Gambino's manager Fam Udeorji rejected the claims of plagiarism, saying his client's song actually dated back to 2015, "and we have the Pro Tolls [computer] files to prove it".

If so, the song would also pre-date Nwosuocha's Made In America, which he first posted on SoundCloud in September 2016.

• Informative Informative x 1