Cold Turk's Grow Coop

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Temporarilycoldturkey, Jul 23, 2020.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  1. Interesting. Thanks, I’ll look into it. Like instead of citric acid and sugar use ascorbic acid and sugar.

Any thoughts on this? I’m assuming nute burn got worse. I been busy the past few days and just kinda watered and left but just noticed this today.

IMG_5128.JPG IMG_5129.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. lol.

i thought they were the same thing... Derp! you can find the stuff on amazon. RTU.

• Like Like x 3
  3. They probably are the same thing. Haha. Been crazy busy renovating but just harvested. No pics, so that’s gonna have to wait until after dry but I am drying the whole plant in a room with the temp at 65-70f and humidity at 60-65%. Someone told me 70f with 70% humidity for 7 days is the basic guideline so I’m hoping I am close enough for good results. Anyways nice to be back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Got my girl hanging. Drying the whole plant with no trimming this time. Hoping to avoid that grassy odor on this harvest. So far the temp/humidity look good - floats around a lot from 60-70f/50-60% humidity but from what I’ve read this is a good range. This Lemon Thai is so much darker than the white widow was - maybe that’s cuz of winter temps..?

Got a white widow/big bud and another lemon thai going in flower next, so it’ll be interesting to see if I get a better yield with 2 girls in there instead of 1. Pics coming soon.

IMG_5146.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks! We’ll see how the curing goes. I think I may have chopped half of it too early cuz it smelt dank when I cut it but after a day in jars it got grassy. Took it out a few time and let it sit and I been take the lid of for longer periods over the past couple days, so we’ll see.
    Harvested a few more branches yesterday but the rest still aren’t giving me that crisp snap so I’m gonna wait until tomorrow at the latest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sometimes the grass smell isn't the end. I've had a plant smell grassy and after curing it all came back real nice

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Maybe Wait longer before you jar, and put in paper bags with folded up tops a few days. Sounds like it might need more time drying on the inside of the bud and the bag will suck some of that out without overdrying. Just go in and turn the buds every day and check their dryness till they're ready.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yeah. I took them out a few times and let them sit on the counter and when I popped the kid the first few days I left it over for a few hours 1-2 times a day. Seems to be coming around now. About to throw my other 2 girls in there soon. BTW you were saying that putting some light on the sides (or was it underneath?). What kind of lights do you advice? I was thinking of putting the red blurpie I got and having it on the side to hit the underneath for 6-8 hours a day. Got any hints..?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Cool, burping does same thing, pulls moisture out from inside and dissapates it. Thats all what youre going after. You can also use turkey bags at that stage, they breath moisture.
    For sides where the plant grows right up to them, i use home depot, or amazon strip lights. Dont need to be fancy, as your big lights up top are doing the heavy lifting. This is just supplimental light, and you dont want the plants to get damage or light bleaching. I like 4500k or up for spectrum so it adds more blues to the spectrum. Two old school breeders have said blues add sweetness to the buds (i dont know). I put them sideways about a foot plus above so it hits the side of your canopy. You can try a light going up, ive done it, but its a pain to work around.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Awesome. You wouldn’t happen to have a link to those lights would ya?

• Like Like x 3
  11. #154 Sirtootsalot, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Should, let me look.

Edit- heres some i bought to veg with, but would be perfect for what youre looking for.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Thanks. I’ll check it out when I get to the computer. Got myself this big ol’ jar curing.

Yield was 7.5oz this time around. Hopefully I can get that up a few ounces by adding another plant to the flowering process.

I’m heading to Appalachia for 5 days so I put it all in this big jar thinking that I can just lift the pouring spout a little bit since I won’t be around to gas it. Or should I just leave it completely sealed... hmmm.

More gummies too. Got some fun molds of Amazon.

IMG_5172.JPG
    IMG_5162.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Awesome haul, for sure your numbers will go up with more plants. Those gummies look awesome, howd they turn out? Did you use the recipe on psams thread? I wanna try some i think.

• Like Like x 3
  14. They are a take on Sams recipe. I went by his math, which is a Rough estimate but these are good - about 15mg a gummy

• Like Like x 3
  15. Sweet, ill look at the recipe again, havent tried before, but seeing your success makes me want to. What was your changes? Did you use tincture?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Im not getting any notifications from toots, turkey, more trouble in the city. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  17. Hate that shit. Work dammit.

• Like Like x 3