Clone Extinct Animals!!!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Dizzy, Jul 26, 2020.

1. I Heard a While Back that some Scientists were Going to Able to Bring a Wooly Mammoth Back from Extinction is this True? Anyone Know? Ya Girl Would Live to See One of Those! If it is True I Wonder what Else we gone be Able to do with DNA Experiments Soon? What Next a Smilodon (Sabre Tooth Tiger) or even Dinosaurs?:eek::eek2: or Maybe even just Some Recently Extinct Species Brought Back Would be Cool/Amazing too!!

~Toni~

2. so jurassic park is what we are aiming for now?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Maybe if they could get intact DNA they could clone one but I think that's the rub, they only have broken up DNA and evidently it's hard to splice back together in exactly the right order.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I Guess lol it Pretty Wild what Some of the Tings Smart Scientists are Trying to Do These Days.

I'm No Expert so I'll Take Your Word for it.Maybe they will Use Animal DNA to Fill the Blank Parts like they Do in the Movies.:confused_2: Iono if that Even a Real thing tho lol.

~Toni~

5. Nah Ive seen the movies no thanks.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Reminded me of this

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]
    SCIENTISTS believe they could bring the likes of dodos back from the dead
    through cloning experiments in the near future which could see the
    flightless birds revived from their extinction.

The big bird, which was about a metre tall and weighed up to 18 kilograms, was native to
    Mauritius but became extinct in the 1600s, shortly after humans discovered the island.

However, 400 years later, scientists now believe that they could bring the dodo back t
    o life through cloning of some of its closest living relatives.

Scientists recently published a paper which identified the overall genomic structure of dinosaurs.

The team achieved this by tracing the ancestors of birds – the dinosaurs closest living relatives
    – to create the genomic structure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Or haast eagles.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. I love how they draw and animate it.