Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Clear phlegm with brown spots?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Younggungrower, Aug 30, 2013.

1. it isnt just cigs, smoking just bud will do it too if you smoke enough.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I say buy a vaporizer, save some weed..and your lungs.

3. #23 cribb420, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    Cookies get you high, pretty much as high as by smoking, it depends on how much and how potent the stuff you eat are. But you also get the body stoned wich is nice, so I prefer a sativa mix so I don't get "stuck"...
    The drawback with eating though is that once it starts to wear of after two-three hours or so I feel I need twice as much to get it going again unless I wait a couple of hours. And it takes an hour for it to start.
    But as I'm getting older and want to take care of my lungs I have a cookie in the morning before work and one after work. So my days are a bit less fantastic compared to when I was smoking but it keeps me satisfied and I was smoking about two big joints a day.
    I'd like to add that my cannabis use is a medicine to me for chronic pain.

My experience is that the only harm cannabis does to me is the dirt in the lungs so I want to get away from smoking but I do smoke every now and then anyways. A vaporizer sounds tempting but they're pricy and I'm a cheapskate. Never tried it though more than once in amsterdam many years ago after smoking joints all day before. Is it the same as smoking joints? Anyone?

My recipie is as follows: I melt 3 pounds of butter in a big pot, add about a pound of sensi grinded. Then I add water to the brim and let it boil/simmer for 6 hours, stir regularly!
    After boiling I poor it through a sifter made from hemp fabric in a big plastic container that can take it all. Squeese the sifter as much as possible but wear gloves with plastic gloves ontop because it's hot butter. Then let it cool in a fridge or similar (cool cellar works fine). When it is cool a few hours later the butter will be a cake ontop of the water an I usually get 2 1/2 pounds of butter out of a batch.
    Then you can make any cookies with this butter, cakes, brownies or cookies, your choise. But it's easy to over eat when the munchies kick in so I prefer pre sized cookies in the freezer!
    I make some from a family recipie where half a pound of butter produce 100 cookies. Look for a recipie with alot of butter in it...
    Ofcourse you can scale it down if you want, makes it easier but you boil it the same time...
    There's lots of cannabutter or budbutter etc. online but this is how I do it and it lasts over a year in the freezer so it's easy to store for the future.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wow,I really honestly thank you for that!Yes,this is my problem too,the dirt in my lungs,I also use marijuana because I have insomnia problems can't find another way to solve them...I'll try your recipe and I'll tell you the results!!Thanks again!!

5. I knew there was gonna be a picture in here but for some strange reason i clicked on the thread anyways... Ewww XD

• Like Like x 1
  6. [quote name="minius" post="19463019" timestamp="1391512210"]Wow,I really honestly thank you for that!Yes,this is my problem too,the dirt in my lungs,I also use marijuana because I have insomnia problems can't find another way to solve them...I'll try your recipe and I'll tell you the results!!Thanks again!![/quote] you're gonna use an lb?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Same shit happened to me. It's the tobacco sorry to tell you. I tried ignoring it, eventually turned into bronchitis.

Quit smoking tobacco once that was cleared up, smoked weed daily to this day, no problems whatsoever (occasionally some yellowish specks if I take a big rip and really cough a lung up but that's to be expected smoking anything).

8. I was sick once (I was also a smoker). I had a cough so bad they prescribed some pimp c for it, and I was taking snaps of tobbacco and mixing it with weed at the time (I used to get super light headed, not any more ): )I coughed up some shit that was STRAIGHT BLACK for a couple days, eventually cut down for 3 days and been fine since. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. [quote name="Snoop Toad" post="19459909" timestamp="1391466625"]it isnt just cigs, smoking just bud will do it too if you smoke enough.[/quote]yeah i haven't smoked tobacco in about two years and i always hack up phlegm like that even after vaping.

10. You should probably seek help from a doctor, not a marijuana forum. Lol that doesn't look healthy.

You know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I was to say to you, girl we couldn't get much higher

11. Hey man, how you been? I hope you le doing great, don't get panic or upset, I have a same problem, I'm 25 years old male, just need to ask you few things, do you suffer from stomach ulcer or any gastric issues? If you say yes? It's could be becaus of acid reflux, stop smoking and eat on time, and don't take spicy, do you fart allot or any noises from stmach, please reply me assp

12. [​IMG]
    It's the tobacco man I used to spit this up daily... It only gets worse if you don't quit [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Tobacco doesn't help, but like many have said this can happen just from smoking too, especially if you have allergies on top of it. I don't smoke any tobacco in any form (blunts, cigs, hookah anything) and I still occasionally cough up brown/black phlegm, it is your lungs cleaning out the tar from the smoke. Smoke in general is not great for your lungs which is why I have started using my vape a lot more lately.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Iv been coughing the same shit up for 5 years!! I haven't smoked Tobacco since 7/2013 I finally found a Dr who said that it's thick and sticky because my body is trying to let me know I need water and am severely dehydrated. I'm very open with every doctor that I show my pictures to and cough that shit up for that I only smoke weed and I probably smoke about a gram a day. I only use a bong and they all tell me that it's not from smoking weed and they have no idea why I cough that black shit up. Also refuse to run any tests on the shit i cough up and take to the lab.

Attached Files:

15. I know this is an old post but I'd like to share my thoughts for potential readers . This definitely looks like it's from the tobacco , I smoke Marlboro lights and I get these little brown specks in my spit when I cough, it probably the tar being rejected by the lungs or just some sort of resin. As long as you smoke you will have this and probably even after you smoke for a while. I don't cough up this much I barely have any in mine but again I'm not sucking out of a bong either.

16. Hey i have the excat same thing, any word from your doctor? Mine couldnt figure it out either

17. hey man have the exact same thing, am 21, and have had it for like almost 3 years but have been smoking bud pretty much this entire time with maybe a break of a month or two here and there but using a pen and concentrates during those times, was a hevy cigarette and spliff smoker growing up, did you get any word back from your doctor anything like that?

18. It's quite something for me to find something like this. I've had this problem for about 3 years and I visited three doctors with this issue, but nobody could tell me what it was. I had my suspicions it might be related to smoking (I used to smoke both cigs and pot), but it wasn't going away even when I wasn't smoking (I had about 5 clean months at some point, and the brown phlegm didn't completely go away) — so I was never sure.
    Now, seeing the pictures here (and they are on other smoking related forums too), one thing is certain for me that this brownish phlegm IS related to smoking. Not sure in what ways, I wish it's my lungs clearing the shit I had pumped in them for 8 years, that would be a positive sign of healing and it would be encouraging for me as someone who quit recently and wants to get over and move forward.
    I've seen a suggestion that it could also be related with gastric reflux problems, which I have too, so it could be resulting from these two issues.
    I am going to see a bunch of doctors in the next few weeks and investigate both of them and I will tell you here what my findings are. Those who commented here in the past years, if you're still here, how did it evolve for you?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Probably resin. How'd did you mostly smoke? Bong, bowl, or joint?
    Supposedly ginger is great for

Lung Health Institute | Natural Remedies to Promote Lung Function