Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Clear phlegm with brown spots?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Younggungrower, Aug 30, 2013.

1. #1 Younggungrower, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
    Here is a picture... What is this shit? Is it my body hackin' up resin?
    Most of the time I top my bowls with tobacco (personal preference) not that much at all though...

I've had this phlegm just sitting in my throat for about a month now. I can always feel it just sitting in my throat... Anyone know?

Attached Files:

2. Tobacco is terrible for you. Any amount. Period

3. I know... But this phlegm only started about a month ago. I've been blazing mauler bowls for about a year, i'm in literally peak condition for my age, I just want to make sure this shit isn't that bad. I'm pree sure it's just my body blocking the resin and clearing it out. probably the tobacco too... But seriously I make one smoke last like 2 weeks...I only top my bowls lightly. Just posting it here for reassurance 

• Like Like x 1
  4. I get that just from drinking iced tea, it's probably nothing.

5. #5 AlpacaBowl_, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
    If you smoke for a long time, and then quit for awhile your body starts naturally clearing out your lungs and bronchi. This usually happens to me for ~1 week when i switch from smoking+vaping to vaping only.

Edit: I also once took a .5g bong snap and coughed that shit up for an hour, definitely a byproduct of smoke.

6. thats fucking disgusting. 

7. What did you expect? I mean the thread title has 'phlegm' in it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think there's a carpet somewhere you can spit on lol.

9. Take a break from smoking anything and see if it clears up.

If it doesn't, go see your M.D.

You are probably allergic to spit (not really), perhaps something (surely tobacco)   :smoking:  R

10. Im not certain, but I assume its resin being cleared out of your lungs?

11. Your lungs are just cleaning themselves of all the tar, mainly from the tobacco.

Cannabis is a bronchial dilator, so it actually allows your lungs to clean themselves out more efficiently, I've only ever had those spots when I was consuming tobacco, so I have to believe that is your culprit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yup, I've also concluded the tobacco as the problem. I'm stopping it completely, cheers guys, hopefully this helps others with the same thing.

13. Have our been eating chocolate chip cookies? 

14. If you hear gurgling or crackling in you lungs its probably bronchitis

15. Anything foreign that you inhale will cause that.  I never smoked cigs and quit tokin for a year and a half an at the end of that time I would still cough up some brown chunks esp when in the shower an everything is loosened up from the hot water.  I do it on purpose just to help clean out deep in the lungs. It will be worse for you with topping the bowls with tobacco because you are inhaling deep and holding it in.

16. I had the same spots as you do. It's the soot from smoking! Got mine from smoking pretty much daily for 12 years... Though I never felt anything, It appeared when I stoped smoking for two weeks to prove a point that weed isn't addictive...

I had it checked up though and my doctor said the body will heal itself IF I stop smoking. 

But he also said that if I continue it can likley develop to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or KOL. Seems to be a really nasty disease I don't want to battle...

So I eat my weed now in form of cookies, highly recomended! :yummy:

17. #17 foxforcefive, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    I sometimes get that from just smoking an all-weed bowl, because I've only vaped once and I've only used a bong maybe 50-100 times (I've been smoking for over a decade by the way, so that isn't a lot). I've always smoked with spoon pipes/joints, and after years of that it's gonna fuck up anybody's lungs. There's no way the tobacco helps though. But everyone's lungs are different and react differently to varying levels of smoke/tar exposure.

18. I get that when i smoke bluntsSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I usually have fairly thick black phlegm in the morning after the first rip.  Or if I shower with hot water. Then nothing for the rest of the day.

20. #20 minius, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    I have also the same problem here for 2 years.I smoke tobacco about 6 years and weed daily for 2.One year ago,I started cough and produce this phlegm too,I was sure from the start that the reason was a reaction from weed to my brochi and lungs,and to be honest,It didn't put me down,I still smoke,just a little less than before.But the thing that really bothers me,is that I have this phlegm everyday,almost for the hole day and I still don't know wich is the real cause.Specific things.My thought is,that my throat and brochi are sensitive or allergic to a product of marijuana(because it took only 8 months from the begining of daily use of weed to the appearence of this phlegm)..So weed in cookies sounds a really life-saving idea..Can you give me a recipe and some details???(for example does it get you high even close enough like when you smoke it)I'll really appreciate it!!!