China Glass

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by DabsOnTheMountain, Apr 28, 2015.

1. I think China glass is ok if your in a pinch.

On another note, FUCK CHINA GLASS.

Not only is it straight copying most already existing designs, but also, when you buy you are supporting counterfeiting in the industry.

I'd much rather give my money, and much more of it, to a real glassblower/lampworker. Someone who has put in the time and patience to fail and learn until they get something that works. Your paying for much more than just the name.

China glass would be ok for me if I broke all my rigs, hey I might not have the money to get a nice rig so I'd just get a cheap China glass rig in the meantime. I'd probably smash it after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I give a strong fuck you to all those that knowingly buy china glass. I won't hit the shit out of the principle honestly. I treat it like ditch weed, totally trash.

3. #44 DabsOnTheMountain, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    I was waiting for you to come in. LOL.
    I wouldn't smoke with you either bro. No worries. I hear you can taste the the slave labor anyway.

And yoshytsweak, at least you see a single use for it. That's all i care about. It functions. And you said you'd break it, lol, thank you. Your starting to get it. It's made to be broken, like all glass is. Even though by that you mean to say it's trash, lol, you'd be wasting the $30, but you have the same idea I have about it.

But can't you see too that in a lot of cases you are just paying for a name? Unless you own 100% glass from IG, from unknown blowers that cost less than $200 even though it's worked to hell, your paying for a name every time.
    Basically if you've ever bought a namebrand piece like hitman, toro or sov I look down on you. Shit's not worth the price at all, it's just the hype. You could get a 100% worked piece that had real care put into it for half the price. Instead some random person in their shop welded some tubes together and shipped it out, along with 50 others like it from that day.

I'll watch your thread, It already interests me.

4. Ah you guys riding your high horses while wearing child labor made asian clothing and shoes that are marked up 200x just because it has a brand name on it.   Typing on your china made electronics.  You don't care about the mass suicides at foxconn factories while typing on your smartphones do you?

You just love to want to feel special and a step above don't ya?  It's amusing.   [​IMG]

I have no qualms with people who want to pay worth for real art but I also have no problems with china glass just like all the other china made products.

• Like Like x 1
  5. $30 for China? Yikes!

Bro I get what I like, regardless of manufacture

6. Based on the comment I put in bold I would guess you have never owned or hit a Toro. I agree Hitman is hype, but Sov, and Toro are far from Hype. Sov might be about hype now but Steve used to kill the game when he was on his own. I thought Toro was hype until I got one. The craftsmanship on it is superb and it hits like a dream. All my buddies always want to use my Toro over my other rigs because of the way it hits(these ppl know nothing of quality glass, they think Roor is high end). I do think the $400+ retail price is high but getting a flawless used one with color for around $300 sounds good to me. 

What I want to test is Toro dbl mac vs Bentglass Drone C9 and see how the hits compare for a fraction of the price.

Almost pulled the trigger on a chinese Honey Bucket with OFZ last night. The whole thing for $22 vs $200 sounded good to me.

7. #48 DabsOnTheMountain, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    I've never owned a toro but a bud had a circ to circ and a 7-13. The 7-13 broke at the joint and it's getting repaired now. That's the piece I mentioned before. They're all hype to me. The pull on the circ to circ is so even it's incredible, but the taste and smoothness of the vapor itself is the same as any other rig, just like the 7-13 too. The circ to circ i own from badass glass I got in a trade has better flavor. Compared to the toro It's a lot thinner, and the bottom circ had a ridge above the weld that looks just "off." But they function the same. Again, mine has better flavor. When were chilling together i bring my circ to circ, and I only hit my rig the whole time i'm there. They hit it too, ignoring their glass. They were impressed when i brought it there the first time. A little mad after they hit it actually, because they knew I was sort of showing off. My piece probably only cost 100-120, it's american too, but still, there's that price difference between it and the toros.

And i shouldn't have said sov actually, but still it's pretty basic glass for the 1000 price tag. I still don't see any of it worth over 400. Dale sommers has grids for just over a hundred, then theres fatboy too if your ok with huge labels.

And there's a double mac on dhgate for $35... on kathy0577's store... It's worth having a travel piece around, and it's a pretty simple design to replicate, you'll get a feel for what the piece hits like before you buy. And nails are just something i'd avoid from china altogether, even though buckets are tempting. Ti won't be real,  and quartz will be too thin.

It's the prodo glass their killin

8. Or you just use nice glass as your daily/travel rig and be careful with your glass. My last 3 dailys/travel rigs retailed at $800, $2000, and $700 and none broke either. Just because you don't appreciate/understand the skill difference doesn't make it hype.

9. The double macs on DHgate are nothing like the doulbe mac toro (at least the perks on the ones I have seen) They have similar designs but not the same(from what I saw). But I would go with a KillaGlass doulbe mac for $85 before I would grab one off Dhgate.

Dggate is cool for clumsy ppl, budget rigs, and glass you simply don't give a shit about. For me if I buy glass, its because I do give a shit. I will get Chinese glass if I am traveling and need a rig for a one way trip, but other then that only for accessories.  

Was that double circ a micro or macro? I don't know if ive seen a double circ macro.

10. #51 blazeddd, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015

Ah very interesting. I've owned a Toro straight/13, Toro double mac, sov peyote pillar, matrix full size straight/matrix perc, mobius60t and many more and I recently got into this DHgate glass, maybe 2-3 months ago. Broke a Toro ash catcher once, cat... but have never broke any other glass piece at all...

First experience was buying off craigslist. Had quit and sold all my pieces for a while. Got the toro double mac clone (hitman barrel perc + circ) from someone locally for 60 bucks! Was super excited, quality was amazing, it actually hit BETTER than my old toro double mac. I use it multiple times per day still.

Then I found out it's sold on DHgate for 40 bucks shipped. No problem because that extra $20 I spent saved me about 1-2 weeks shipping. So I started browsing DHgate and these forums... then I just got hooked man. I've made a few posts about how tempting it is and I finally pulled the trigger. Bought a mobius 60t clone and mobius matrix bubbler clone from Steven, who apparently works with the FC community. 

They got shipped 1 day after purchase and arrived 2 days later in America, customs of course. In customs for about 3-4 more days and then delivered. Man... fantastic pieces. The percs are FLAWLESS. It's got to be laser cut... it's at least 5mm thick but it definitely feels like 7mm. Both even came with a mobius style punch slide. There are maybe 1 or 2 tiny glass imperfections/scratches on the tube itself but aside from that... it is seriously flawless. Can't compare the 60t clone to the real deal, but it's much better than my matrix/straight that was around 400 or 500. The matrix bubbler is superb, quality is amazing, replication is spot on, 0 drag and all these pieces are actually reinforced - at 90 degree joints, sidecar mouth piece supports, stemless supports... it's crazy!

Yeah.. some of those sellers, especially like Steven who works with a glass community, really have their shit together. Faster shipping, better customer support and far better prices. Just ordered the full sized pillar clone for 65 after coupon a few days ago, should be arriving soon. 

I've been keeping up with this thread and it just seems like A LOT of blind rage at china glass. I'll just put this here...
    400 vs 40 for a Toro double mac that actually functions better than the real deal at 10% quality hit but also 10% the cost. At least functions better for me, of course it's personal preference but I did own that double mac for at least a year and put a LOT of shatter through it, I STILL prefer this clone.
    Dhgate seems more like for people who really don't care about that 10% quality increase. The real difference between my toro double mac and the clone... the clone actually hits better. I left the clone in my sink under hot water once because I was super lazy and just wanted to take a dump. Heard that shit fall hard, CLANK. I'm like... okay it's fine.. only 40 bucks. Went back... it was FINE. Not even a scratch or chipped anywhere and I have NEVER been that careless before. Only reason was because this was so cheap and I really didn't care...

I will 100% admit, the real toro was at least 2x better to look at. It was VERY VERY clean... especially with the black rims and toro logo... but to me- now that I can get a $40 clone that functions better but just doesn't look as good... there is just no way I could ever spend over 100 on one... it just does not make any sense what-so-ever. It's like the placebo effect guys... let it go... some China sellers have actually stepped up their game.

edit: wtf sorry about the wall of text... how did I just type all of that...

11. #52 WaxPayne, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    Got in my CCG fab egg and WOL torus incycler.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431534489.554317.jpg

The torus takes a little air to get moving but once it does you'll notice the pull gets lighter when the cycle starts to form. Still not bad and I would definitely keep it around for vape bongin.

The fab egg is pretty awesome. Wasn't expecting to be as clean as it was and the holes are a little bigger than they were in the pic which is great to me since I didn't like the original sizes. Pull is pretty smooth and it does concentrates justice by maintaining their flavor profiles wonderfully.

Just awaiting my order from Stevenlmz on some pieces from his FC line that he made for the folks at fuck combustion. Got a stereo matrix and , Dabbacinno and peyote pillar.

For all the Anti-China people :

I just got an email from Mike at Distilled Glass. He is going to make me a custom recycler. I was amazed at the prices he was offering . We have yet to finalize the project but he said he could get it to me by next week. :yay: super pumped because his work is amazing. Check out his new fab eggs

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431534829.448910.jpg

Fuckin sick and those fab eggs might be my next purchase from him after I get this recycler. They aren't as expensive as you'd think so I feel like everyone here could get into his stuff. You wont pay near 1000$ for his fabs or near 300$ for his recyclers.

12. Flawless vs a couple chips\\scratches and lower quality glass. I would say its much more then a 10% difference in quality. The percs on the double mac clone is why I don't want it. Its not a clone if its different. I also like to collect glass for the art aspect of it as well. I like my pieces to be nice to the eyes and the lungs. I do feel most American glass prices should be cut in at least half but the market decides the price, not me. I like to get used high end glass that way I can always sell it for around the same price I got it for. I will look into the Steve seller that works with the FC community. I have been eyeing a Fab egg off Dhgate as they retail at rape prices.

Im not the one who said china glass is trash, I just don't think the majority of it is for me.

13. I said it was 10% because out of the three pieces I have, there's only 1 or 2 tiny imperfections/scratches and that's on the larger matrix tube. No chips ever, they would replace that anyway. When I compare it to my old "legit" pieces, the difference for me is 10% in quality. A tiny scratch, not deep/chip, or a few small air bubble imperfections on the empty part of the base, really doesn't push over 10% in quality. 

They actually have an exact clone of the double mac, with the same exact slits and positions. Only reason I didn't chose that because the local guy wanted 20$ more AND the "support" glass wasn't even connected inside the glass. But I looked it up on DHgate and they have perfect clones of the actual legit toro double mac percs, same price $38 actually

And yeah sorry, I didn't mean you were trashing china completely, I was reading the thread over the past few days and just saw a lot of hateful comments on China glass. The FC thread is here. I have really been wanting to get an egg too, most recent pages on FC have a lot of comparisons between different sellers on DHgate, but I just don't feel like anything will beat this toro "semi" clone, lol. Loved the original toro double mac too much, even over a sov recycler.

14. Check out this 'cheap china glass'. Best piece I've ever owned and it cost me $60 CAD. The dome alone would've been $50 in a head shop. It's thick and gorgeous.

Attached Files:

15. #56 DabsOnTheMountain, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    It's not that I don't appreciate it, you'll never know the amount of time I spend in headshops staring, and browsing IG and online headshops just looking.
    But I'm just looking.
    I will never buy any of it.
    It's not worth the pricetag to me.
    Glass is inert, it's doing nothing to the vapor another piece of glass won't do. The only difference is the mental aspect of holding and looking at the piece. I can get that from marbles and even my grandmothers cut glass the same way. But rigs are not worth the insane price tag. There's nothing wrong with owning one cheap piece.

And really, why bring something so valuable around with you? That alone dosn't make sense. Even for someone all about your heady glass like you. Why not bring a cheaper thick american piece around? Why a piece that expensive? do you really need to haul that mental burden around? Travel is unpredictable. I've had thing's lost/stolen before. It happens to everyone who travels a lot eventually. People target bags they see you protective of, and eventually something happens and they grab it. Or shit just dosn't make it on the same plane even. I was afraid to bring my rig on my carry on the first couple times, on the second or third time they lost my bag.

16. I bring them around because they are my cheapest pieces...... and there is no burden when you are careful

17. I just don't understand spending like that on anything. I'm not broke, I'm not rich either, but I could never justify that. It's glass.
    And you can be careful every day, like I've yet to break a single piece of glass, even cups and things outside of the smoking world, but things happen you can't control sometimes. It isn't worth bringing something around that expensive, It isn't worth owning it to begin with. I'm seeing you as a car collector basically now, you could just have "a car that get's you there" but you demand the "one that gets you there in style."
    I think it's a status thing, I'm not trying to be nasty there. You just like the idea of having heady glass everywhere. If you're like that than why do you still argue with so many people who think differently? Do you like showing off how much money you have completely wasted?
    Because I'm not impressed. Owning a couple pieces to stare at is one thing, but if your cheapest piece is $700, and you're boasting about it in a thread called "China Glass," you obviously use glass as a status symbol and feel like you're a step above us.
    And feel the need to prove it.
    Which is funny, considering it's the interwebs.

18. I'm not trying to boast im trying to express a point to spend the money and buy from actual artist to suport the scene not support china sweat shops. If you are careful then however much you spend on a piece shouldn't matter. I don't make much either and not even middle class but i love knowing that my money is supporting the american glass industry. and i have art that i love.

19. #60 DabsOnTheMountain, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
    You wouldn't have posted prices if you weren't boasting.
    And you have to realize we're talking about production pieces, not the artistic, original, heady pieces.
    Glass as an art form is different. These aren't copies of Salt or Joe Peters, it's toro knock offs and the like. 
    It is two different things. And maybe not to you, but it can be to others. Clear "scientific" glass is all the same when treated with care, whether it's made here or china or Kazakhstan.
    That post was beautiful[​IMG]

Just because weeds illegal theyve had the ability to price gouge us forever, since there are few quality glassblowers. Few wanted to take the risk. But now there are cheaper sources. They need to drop the prices to make things even. There's a new supply/demand curve, and the blowers need to compensate for it. Glassblowing is not a job anymore. I wish I could be a potter, or a basketweaver, or a glassblower especially, it's all the same thing at this point, but you can't. It's a hobby, and few will become successful with it as a career. Those that do have entire shops behind them and pump out piece after piece, or they have talent and charge >1000 for a piece. 

Those big production shops can fuck themselves entirely, if glass can be made for $30, which is about 10% of the cost of the piece it's a copy of, and it functions even only 50% as well, then I'll buy it instead. Fuck all production glass companies. Fuck em. Every one. Few actually have entirely original ideas anymore, and those that do cost thousands. Where bubbles go is not as difficult to determine as you think. We have watched steven build his torus, and if the chinese (who get the death penalty for selling weed) can build a torus in 2 tries, it wasn't that hard to begin with.

Those heady pieces that are actually artistic are always accepted by me, I love em, but they still need to drop their prices too. For instance, dinos aren't worth over 1000 dollars. I'd pay $300 for a dino. I don't think scientific or big name heady glass is worth it. It's those in limbo, waiting to either go big or go broke, those are the ones to support. I do, and I will all my life. Right now I still don't see a use in buying more big glass since I have enough for my bong/rig needs, so I buy pendants, chillums and bubblers from my local shop instead. I don't even smoke weed anymore. We dab here only. I buy them to support blowers and because it's the glass i need to sooth my wig-wag cravings. And because pendants and shit make awesome gifts.
    But I'm not buying a clear minitube for $200 from the same shop that has a chip in it's 2 slit poorly cut perc.
    Just... No.