Cheap grow supplies

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by hippie john, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Look on kijiji for your needs people who lost interest in growing. Even E Bay

2. I got my set up for around 450$ ( all together) and I have to say it's well above my level of growing.

I've never grown indoors before, but I know this is a setup I can use for years, but I do plan on improving. This tent was 180$ American. (210$ Canadian with shipping) it is defiantly quality, and I was very happy when I got it.

I got my 4x4x6 tent at growtents.ca

My light system (400w HPS) included a veg bulb and a flowering bulb, the reflector, and a dim able ballast for 180$
    growlights.ca

I get my seeds from Crop King Seeds located downtown Vancouver, BC. 35 $ for 5 regular seeds (45$ total with shipping) you can also get feminized and auto flowering, or packs of 25 mixed fem for 200$ (which isn't bad considering these seeds have an 80% germination rate I believe, and if you use their germ method, they guarantee 100% success rate)

cropkingseeds.com

I have yet to buy inline fans, as my father helped me rig something else up, but you can get them from either site I got my tent, and lights from for about 49-99 dollars depending on size and intake. 4inch 440 Is like 70$ which is defiantly enough intake on a 4x4. Although more wouldn't hurt.

Hope I've helped someone save some money. I know me and my partner were surprised at house cheap we got all of our supplies to get started. We were expecting to pay over 500$ at least. But do some research, you can find decent grow cabinets and boxes for 300-550$ and they have everything you need to go except seeds. They have filters, fans, lights, some have hydro buckets, and nets. All included. So if you're tight for cash, check that out to get going and then expand.

3. #224 PapaGanj, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    I was at Walmart and they had a pH meter with like 3 other things on it and you just stick it in the plants soil. 20$ plus 5-30$ on gas depending on how close you are to a walmart. Lol as someone else said Amazon. It has everything.

4. Do you mean growtents.com, That ships from Ontario? I've been lurking them for a bit. Have been thinking about snagging a tent but have no clue how durable they are. You have it for a while now? What's your thoughts?

5. Yes friend! That's the one! It took a little longer than the other things to ship, but only 3 weeks. It's excellent quality for 200$

Has 4 high side vent holes, 4 low side vent holes, and one bigger roof hole. 2 side doors big enough to get in there and water your plants, ( one on both sides from the door) and. Very large front door with a sealed view window.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434670468.373223.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434670515.438474.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434670569.393658.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434670607.425550.jpg

Set up was hard the first time. My girlfriend had to help me. It was easier once we put the frame sideways while we put the tarp over, it was very simple. And I was able to do it myself in the basement. Where the frame is touching the rafters lol.

All in all though, IMO you can't go wrong with their tents to start, or upgrade too.
    I'm loving it 100% so far.

Only flaw I can think of is that I have to run a power chord, plus the lights chord through one of the high wall vents, but it seals on both sides. Im still light tight, so it's okay with me.

6. any advice on whats wrong with my seedling IMG_1247.jpg

7. Yeah its in the wrong thread haha but really it looks like nute burn

• Like Like x 2
  8. 3 weeks PapaGanj that's crazy, you in Canada? I noticed they have 2 lines, premium and economical. I'm looking at the 4x4 for premium for $150. Strange they don't have an electrical cord outlet! But looks good anyways.

9. Yes, I'm just a couple hours north of Toronto. Honestly, what took so long is I was never at the house to get it so, eventually, UPS said come pick it up, asshole. Lol. And I believe that's the one I got. I was expecting 2 view windows, but there's one at least haha.

I forgot to mention in my original post, I'm using sheep manure for my medium. I bought it at Walmart for 3$ a bag, and I'm seeing great results compared to what my friends get with that cheap peat moss, and humus and sh!t.

But I think you'll be satisfied man! :D Let me know when it arrives and you get it operational!

10. This but be careful, I see people on there all the time try to resell stuff at basically the same price they paid for it (retail) or just a little less. I live in an area where hydro shops charge a BUNDLE for supplies that you literally save like 50% by buying from somewhere like Amazon. Ebay is hit and miss these days since a lot of the Chinese sellers have smartened up and raised their prices to still be competitive but you end up overpaying by even their standards.

11. 1 Week 0007.jpg

<span data-reactid=".h6.1:5:1:$comment1660694404164758_1660871707480361:0.0.$right.0.$left.0.0.1.$comment-body.0.0.$end:0:$text0:0"> I'm using an omega 600w hps on one side and the led on the other, I'm running loads of different strains but only testing the 4 in smaller pots at the front (2 strains)</span><span data-reactid=".h6.1:5:1:$comment1660694404164758_1660871707480361:0.0.$right.0.$left.0.0.1.$comment-body.0.3.0"><span data-reactid=".h6.1:5:1:$comment1660694404164758_1660871707480361:0.0.$right.0.$left.0.0.1.$comment-body.0.3.0.$end:0:$text0:0"> grand heft auto and incredible bulk auto, I'm using canna bio range of nutes veg, rhizotonic at the min, temps are also different for the lights by 4 degrees Celsius the hps is the hotter one 25 under the led and 29 under the hps.</span></span> It's CREE LED Grow light Panel . So far , happy with the growing .

They have new led light which is more powerful than 1000W HPS Grow light . <span data-reactid=".h6.1:5:1:$comment1660694404164758_1660871707480361:0.0.$right.0.$left.0.0.1.$comment-body.0.0.$end:0:$text0:0"> Plan to add another one , what do you guys think about it ?http://www.ecosunlite.com/e_productshow/?56-ESL-CR...</span>

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. did you get good results with led? I've only used hps and omega mh

13. People get great results with them! There doesn't seem to be much solid info out there about side-by-side comparisons from the same person. They actually seem to be exploding in popularity everywhere, but especially Europe where I see a lot more "contained" grows like the expandable 5 gallon buckets with fans and low-heat LED lights inside (one of those 180w UFOs is perfect).

you can get 300w LED grow lights now for 80 bucks like this one on Amazon.com
    With LEDs only costing about 1 1/2x of a mh/hps setups now, they're finally becoming a cost-effective alternative light source. I could see them being a money-saver if you're paying $.13/kwh, but here I pay $.053 and use the heater more than the a/c so I chose mh/hps.

At the pace that LED light technology is developing, we could see them costing 1/2 of what HPS does within a decade. Cree cut the cost on standard household LED bulbs by half in early 2013 making an 800 lumen 60w bulb cost $13. A couple months ago they cut that to $5.

14. eBay- I find that if i want to buy a few items from the same supplier, I send them an email with the items listed and see if I can get a discount for buying it all off them. - Free delivery, price match,something reasonable where both parties get a win win. They get a sale and a repeat customer and I get new toys!!! Yay!!

DX.com has cheap electronics PC fans, cases, solar panels, pumps,LEDs ect. A lot of it is in bulk too which is handy.

15. Here's my hood-ass micro setup.
    Guitar case- Free
    Coat hanger- Free
    Lights- ~$6
    Cups- <$1
    2X4- Free
    Light-to-outlet connectors- $3
    Seeds- bag seed auto
    [​IMG]
    To control moisture during flower I will keep a bowl of salt and rice underneath the 2x4

16. This is hands down the coolest grow. How do you increase humidity and control temps though?

17. Thanks friend. It's around 75 F in there with the light on from 10pm-10am. As far as humidity I won't be manipulating it in any technical ways. My house stays at 40% RH and a bag of rice stays under the 2x4 to try and soak up excess moisture after watering.

18. Ti he honest amazon has such a large expensive is a s*** but others areCheap I just bought a pretty cheap LED for like 30 bucks and I Feel that it will get the job done pretty well