Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD CBD Oil Using Full/Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract - Bulk

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by PsychedelicSam, Nov 29, 2018.

1. I need that! I do not have access to any concentrates, just flower. I remember seeing in one of your experiments what it takes to degrade THC to CBN, but I cannot find it now. I'm eager to "ruin" some THC flower in my oven. Please tell me what would be the best temperature/time for doing that.

I'm using 1:1 CBD:THC, but it's not helping with my interrupted sleep. Like last night I woke up three times, and stayed awake for one to two hours at a time. I'm really tired, fortunately here is Spain we have the siesta habit, but if I have a nap, I end up sleeping for too long - I means I'm actually in some kind of a cloud after siesta for the second half of the day. :-(

2. I'll try to get all that up for you and link the stuff already done. Missing a few days has got me catching up a lot. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Full Spectrum CBD Oil from Whole Hemp Extract w/Terpenes
    Bulk Processing

I believe that it's time to finish this. The last we heard of this was the initial lab test of the extract which was about 62% And there was a picture of the 200g of "crude" extract. This is a full extract due to that extra 38% of plant compounds. It's basically old fashioned RSO made with hemp.

Here's where we start but I've got to find the pictures before we can go further. But here's how we start.

20190928_210932.jpg

More later.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Great to hear psam. I'm looking forwrd to seeing eberything you have learn't and eperimented with on the CBD side of things. I don't have access to distilate and whatever other forms you guys can get your hands on but I can and will use flower or kief hash that as good as I can get and adapt from there. Once again thanks for everything you do for this commuity it's very much appreciated :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Well, I've found the picture of the start to show you and now I have actually found one that proves that I completed the project. These are the Daytime, Evening tinctures and the back label. I had to fill and label over 60 of these and seal. So here's what the end product looks like. I'll try to get these in order over the weekend. dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

20191019_144923.jpg
    I made and designed the labels, too.​

• Like Like x 2
  6. Can't wait! The packaging looks great too and like the cobalt dropper bottles :thumbsup:

When the time comes I'll be looking for a simlar set up daytime night time pain panic inflamation etc... as you can see i have a lot of work ahead of me.

What do you think about starting a thread where people can list the strain they made their GD with, what it was treating, strngth form it was consumed in etc?? That could help a lot of people choosing strains to try. I know we are all different but it would give people at aleast a batter idea than what the breeders write up which sometimes is nothing related to effects. Just a thought.

Looking forward to reading what you're going to post :)

7. I had hoped to add to the guide today but it was physical therapy day and I've been spasming all evening so maybe some more tomorrow. I have found some more pictures and maybe put a slide show together instead . We'll see.

This first part of the guide is comprised of making a quantity using my formulas that will give me the lab results I'm looking for. It those are a success then I'll go on to continue with the other ones.

The first picture above shows the simple equipment needed for the simplest results. Of course there's the 200g jar of hemp "crude" oil which is the same as old fashioned hemp RSO as you've heard me describe it. Because of the extra plant compounds not filtered out, the CBD percentage is going to be about 62% like this sample. Old fashioned THC Rick Simpson oil was about the same ratio but now all the Big Pharm has filtered those other beneficial compounds and just left the cannabinoids and some terpenes but it's over 80%. My preference, though, is the "full extract"

The only other things you need would be a heated magnetic stirrer, a few beakers up to 1000ml and a few glass calibrated cylinders for accurate measurement. Besides the "crude" you'll use MCT oil and liquid sunflower lecithin. Since this is going to be a sublingual product it's the lecithin that helps that absorption over plain oil.

amazon stirrer.jpg beakers.jpg
    [​IMG] These are very economical and will come in handy for many of your cannabis projects. And of course, this:

20190928_210832.jpg

I'll give more on this full extract, costs and how to attain it at the next session. :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. #68 invisiblecompletion, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020

Thanks. Take your time psam do what you can when you can :) I suffer spasms daily so i know exactly what you mean. Just a quick reminder. When you say "full extract" that is from flower right? Would I still get "full extract/spectrum" from kief hash? Just save me a lot of 190 proof doing the kief way.

9. Now you may wonder where one might get something like that. There's a couple of ways and of course the easiest is to let someone do it for you now that hemp is legal. You can buy those little bottles online or elsewhere with low dosing but high pricing that's becoming the trend right now with no real backup.

Then there's the way that I have been doing it and that is to know someone interested in CBD who also has a business license. It doesn't have to be a cannabis or hemp or medical business. It could be a bowling alley and you want to supplement your business. This is the least expensive way to acquire high quality hemp extract and you've seen my personal tests. And it's not about money. I do this for free for those with the need but not the experience. Families with epileptic children or parents with Parkinson's or other nerve diseases who have never gone near cannabis in their lives. How are they supposed to do it?

But that's my way to make a difference but not everybody has this 1150 (almost) page other thread to lean on. If you really think that may be a viable route for you then we can discuss that but there is another way and several have been asking about this.

Do it yourself. If you have access to high CBD hemp flowers/shake then you can do this without jumping through all the hoops. I have a friend who purchases hemp shake that's around the 13% -16% potency realm for a very good price and it's legal. They'll send it to you and it will be full spectrum. You'll still need the alcohol and reclaimer for best results. And maybe the Ardent Nova but that's your decision. Oven for decarb is fine.

This is probably the option most would like and it will still be processed the same once you've extracted it. Here's how I prove it to you. This is some of the material you can legally purchase and this is just the shake with higher for buds. The sample on the left is the dried material and on the right is the full extract/spectrum oil caps that were made from the material, shake. While there's a picture of 2 caps the value is for a gram which is just about a ml. I think the caps are "0" but don't quote me.

bud2.jpg bud3.jpg
    I'll try to illustrate the steps so that you can understand this new market and how it works. dragon (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

Edit: this has been sitting here all day but I had just forgotten to ''reply". Too many pain pills but I start therapy tomorrow and will probably need them along with the caps.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Good luck with the therapy :)

11. It was rough and that's why I was off last night. I suppose it's supposed to make me better so that would be a good thing....I suppose. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Now that I've shown you that this potency of CBD oil can be reached by the common man or woman I'm going to continue the processing of this hemp extract we've started with in case anyone might be curious. After that we'll get down with any questions or comments about making your own extract at home and doing the same thing to the same effect.

It's mainly going to be pictures and description and shouldn't take long. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks psam sounds great.

Take you're time there's no rush looking forward to reading :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. 20190928_210832.jpg
    So, as we've already seen a time or two, this was our starting product. It's called "crude" extract because it contains all the plant material, full extract like old fashioned RSO. No extra processing to remove everything but the CBD and other cannabionoids then adding terpenes back to it. The extra processed concentrated extract will add an extra 20% yield, from a little over 60% to 80% because of the removal of the other plant compounds. It's all CO2 extracted.

Because we have 200g of extract we don't want to just dump it all into some MCT oil in hopes we reach our dosing goals so we start with enough that can define our goals and set the ratios for the full line. We planned to use 100g of extract each for a daytime and separate nighttime formulation of 60mg/ml and I needed a good sampling for testing and completion.

The total would be 2 liters of oil, one of day and the other for evening, and dispensed as a set. This is for high dosage patients and other formulations and dosages are easily computed. I decided to use 50g of the extract to formulate the daytime blend. Once it was tested then I would know which way to adjust if it needed adjustment for the final oil.

Therapy is calling my name for now but when I continue we'll see how we go from this:

20190929_162810.jpg

To this: :sneaky:

20190929_173247.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Looks dope

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thanks. It might get that way if I can ever get past this writer's block. I'm seeking solutions and hope to have it resolved soon...before I forget what the heck I did. I'm uncharacteristically disorganized on this. I have a good excuse but that doesn't get it done. egyptien6 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 3
  17. Okay, let's face it. I'm not going to get this last guide posted. Too much time has passed since I did it and because I was having some health issues interfere with my train of thought, I didn't get organized well enough to file my documentation properly and now I can't even find some of it.

However, the process is similar to the other ones I've posted here with the only difference being this was full extract instead of just full spectrum or broad spectrum. If anyone has any plans for a project like this and would like input on processing then you can pm me and I'll be happy to assist....or just post here.

I am really impressed by this last project with the full extract oil and I have been using it regularly while recovering from my scooter crash. It really seemed to speed up my recovery on several levels. I recently stopped taking it as a regimen because I had recovered and didn't want to overuse it.

Over the last week I have ramped up my usage again to a 2x daily regimen, morning and evening. I don't expect it to protect me from getting this virus going around but I do believe that its anti-inflammatory properties along with other benefits will lessen the severity. I'm in the high risk category so every little bit helps.

I think that cannabinoids could be a secret weapon. Can't hurt, though. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sam:
    have you done a video about making cbd oil from flower? I see you other videos but they all seem to be starting from an already processed product.
    If one had hemp flower would the iso3 be a good tool to make a full spectrum oil

• Like Like x 1
  19. No, I sure haven't. Each time I used an already extracted concentrate but I have a friend here who does it all the time for his own usage and his wife's. He buys hemp shake that's around 13% or so and it makes a good oil.

I'm not sure about the ISO-3 and CBD. I think that it isomerizes it into THC over the course of that process. I have never found any CBD in my tests even when there was plenty to start. I have wanted to process a batch of high-CBD material in the ISO to check it out but never got around to it. It really needs to be looked into but I don't have the QM anymore to do it.

They are doing some interesting things with CBD isomerization. Most of the Delta-8-THC that is becoming a trend is made from CBD. They can even change it into THC then change it into CBN. They're making a lot of synthetic cannabinoids from the CBD. Science is fun but it kind of freaks me out what they're doing to my beloved plant. ohhhh.gif

• Like Like x 1
  20. I can't agree with you enough Sam about big pharma and the need to make everything synthetic. I don't see how it is possible to make a product better than what grows in nature. That's the man thinking he is smarter! FOOLS
    I just ordered some shake and popcorn bud so I will run a batch through the iso 3 and send you some for testing. You no longer have the iso3 huh? Did you fell that is was unnecessary or a gimmick? I use mine mostly for alcohol recovery... can't think of the last time I ran flower through it. I will when I get my hemp,
    would follow the same steps as making GD or would you just soak the hemp in mct oil for a month or so?

• Like Like x 1