Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD CBD Oil Using Full/Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract - Bulk

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by PsychedelicSam, Nov 29, 2018.

1. The myths surround its anti-insomnia properties based on our experiences with old brickweed kind of material or by overcooking your decarb to degrade the THC to CBN to make a sleep tonic. There's new research that indicated that it doesn't affect insomnia in it's isolated form.

It is supposed to also be superior for inflammation as well as having the anti-bacterial and other promising benefits. However, I believe that it has the most effect when included in the synergy of the other cannabinoids and terpenes.

I have some CBN distillate that's 64% with only that and one other cannbinoid that I can't think of off the top of my head, CBDA or CBC or one of those. I added that to the full extract CBD oil that I made and have an oil that's 60mg/ml of CBD and 7mg/ml of CBN. Theory has it that 5mg is the equivalent of 10mg of a sleep aid.

I have more info on this that I'll post. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. I do like the idea of natural evaporation and natural decarb. Sure it takes longer but I also don't have access to terpenes so I like to keep as much of the good stuff as I can so all natural appeals the most to me. Its just getting the timing right to make sure there is enough medication until the next batch are ready.

If I was to make RSO naturally the proess would be the same as for GD tincture except naturally evaporate all the alcohol down to oil then transfer to mct for example.

I would like to make larger batches than 2oz GD type as 2 family members are also in need of medication.

For things like muscle spasm and panic attack and anxiety would a GD strength be ok like 20 mg/ml or do we need the RSO 60 mg/ml dose?

I have the THC in mct for pain relif to massage into the muscle about 10 mg /ml probably not enough really..:confused_2:

I would also like to try non activated CBD to see if that has any medicinal value maybe you have tried this also?

Are you extracting with 95% and naturally evaporating to oil? Please share your process, I would like to see how others are expanding on psam 's methods :)

3. Happy to share anything I can.
    My opinion, I cannot use anything less than 99%. I also do not make air evaporated concentrates when the humidity is high as the alcohol absorbs the water from the air. I burn wood for heat so I have the advantage of dry air during the cooler months. When it comes to heat evaporation, the moisture is not an issue. I believe using quality buds produces more terpenes in the final product. Some terpenes float, and others sink. As for the length of time for the natural decarb, it is the same as heat decarbing in that there is no chart that can provide an accurate answer. In most cases, I have found that the more dirty (less filtered solvent) the decarb seems to take place more quickly whether by heat or natural. Again, this is all in my experience. On average, it generally takes 2 - 4 months, but up to 6 months to naturally decarb buds. With concentrates, it takes about 2 - 4 months, however, the concentrate seems to need to be fluid in order for the natural decarb to take place. I will say that I never tried a shatter or very thick concentrate, like dry hash, as far as long term storage to determine whether or not it would decarb over time.

It is nice to learn of others experiences in natural decarbing. I hope to hear of more individuals experiences.

4. Psam already has the lab results for natural decarb. 4 months for THC and 5 months for CBD.

What caught my eye was this comment
    So how are you making the naturally decarbed concentrate? Are you naturally evaporating the alcohol to oil because if heat is involved here to get it down to oil then that's not natural evaporation right?

Sorry I'm a little confused by what you wrote and your moethod but that just might be my Lyme brain not working and picking up something :)

5. First to Psychedelic Sam, my apologies for the seemingly rude thread hijack LOL! Seriously though, I am really interested in the information you have posted thus far. I am not very familiar with CBD, but am very interested in learning more about it and the benefits. I will certainly be following this thread awaiting more of your results.

Now, invisiblecompletion, I evaporate with air, no heat, basically the QWISO method, again, no heat, just a fan gently blowing across the solvent. The natural decarb takes place during storage. I evaporate until the product becomes a thick oil. It doesn't need to be fully evaporated. I like it to be about the thickness of honey. I have a process fully documented, I do not wish to flood Psychedelic Sams chronicle with my experiences. If you wish to learn more, PM me.

Last but not least, you do have access to terpenes if you have access to buds. I have never done this, but have read a lot about it. You can simply perform an essential oil extraction with the buds, remove the terpenes, that is what essential oils are. Then use the bud material to make whatever concentrate you wish, then add the terpenes back in. I don't think it will compare to the naturally decarbed oil, but I really do not know as I have never tried it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CBN
    cbn distillate.JPG

I have been remiss in following up on my projects mainly due to the scooter crash I had earlier. I am still reaping the consequences of that but nearing an end...I hope. I have injured my back even more than it was and am not able to sit up or stand for more than a few minutes so that has been limiting my ability to make long posts like I need to describe a project. I hope to have surgery to repair that issue before Christmas or shortly after the new year.

I can't keep this to myself any longer, though, so I want to share a little of the experience. This is only an expensive experiment right now so there's still a lot of trial and error and further research that needs to be done.

I had to wait until I finished my CBD project so that I'd have the right medium with which to try the CBN. It's my belief that works best with the entourage of cannabinoids and terpenes opposed to isolated CBN. The CBD project I finished (but barely documented so far for the same reasons) is a high-CBD hemp oil made from full extract, the hemp version of FECO. Here's that project: CBD - CBD Oil Using Full/Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract - Bulk

I finally got my oil made and it was then time to try the CBN. I initially added .5g to 60ml of the oil for a dose, hopefully, of 5mg/ml of CBN and 60mg/ml of CBD as a dose. I started using it right away and continued for 8 days until I ran out of sample. I must say that I haven't slept that well for a week or more in a row in quite some time. It was fantastic and I woke up feeling good, not hungover. Not only that but I didn't hurt as much and that got better each day. This works for me.

I have given out the first grams worth of samples and I am getting rave reviews from those who don't use cannabis, just CBD. And the reviews indicate that besides sleep, pain and inflammation improve. All of us involved are very excited about this.

I am hoping to make a 1:1 THC/CBD with CBN to see how that works with pain after my surgery. It's interesting stuff.

This was the post in my other thread so I just copy and pasted most of if here. I get very good results when I use a 1ml dose and I don't have a hangover the next day like I do with just THC. I also notice a big difference in my pain level when I get up which seems to be accumulative, getting better every day of use.

Here's the lab results. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

CBN blend.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. I couldn't agree more. Even adding terpenes isn't the same. I think the natural GD hits quicker due to the terpenes. And it does seem to be different with different strains. :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Yes, it's a natural evaporation after the 4-5 month cure. It's slow but worth it. Most people don't have the patience, though. No heat for this one. :sneaky:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. You really couldn't hijack this thread if you tried. I encourage active participation. It's not all about me. I'm just the OP. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. You know I have the patience I have 1oz two months into decarb and two 1oz in 1 month decarb. both THC.

What I would've done is the same as the GD tincture and just extracted then evaporated down to 2oz and left it to decarb for 4 to 5 months.... but this seems to be wrong ??

Sorry I'm having a hard time grasping this right now.

I'm doing the GD process with 95% but natural evaporation down to RSO? OR GD process down to 2oz decarb then natural evaporation to RSO/oil? I will use flower as you suggested earlier.

This will end up into an MCT transfer right?

The end product will be 60-65%? with what I just wrote above. I hate this Lyme I never used to have so much trouble understanding things, I was such a quick learner now it takes me so much time for a simple thing, I'm sorry to bug you about this.

We all share in these threads psam encourages it.

I am not familiar with QWISO so I will have to look it up.

I also do not have the brain capacity to perform essential oil extrations for the terpenes etc... I will just do natural decarb and evaporation as I did with THC GD to retain all the canabinoids and terpenes etc..

• Like Like x 1
  11. You're absolutely right. If you want natural RSO then you have to leave it in alcohol for those 4-5 months. It won't happen if you reduce to RSO then let it sit for that long. You'd just have an inactive RSO. You could leave it at the original volume for the cure time and reduce it to oil all at once or you can reduce it first then let it sit.

It's the alcohol that allows those enzymal changes to take place.

When I said it was the same process, I meant that it's the same process as high THC RSO. If you want a natural RSO then you have to let your GD at whatever level cure before you naturally evaporate off the remaining alcohol. Do you follow?

The percentage of the final RSO is dependent on the material you used. If you used some that was 15% or more then you should have about 60% or 600mg/g. It may vary but will get more consistent the more you do it. Shake/trim may not be that much.

Qwiso stands for quick wash with isopropyl alcohol and is a process used to create smoking concentrate. That's as opposed to "QWET" which stands for "quick wash in ethanol". :)

• Like Like x 2

12. Thanks psam.

I follow what you're saying now. I'll be using high % CBD flower when the time arrives shake and trim all together.

Perhaps leaving in in its original volume eg: the remaining extraction of the two 3 oz washes for the cure then natural decarb for the 5 months, then natural evaporation at the end will cut out one step which is the evaporation before cure. IF I am making RSO otherwise the standard way for GD tincture.

So QWET is a method only used for smoking purposes and not used for RSO to then turn into sublingual dosing right?

Thanks once again for making it simple for me to understand appreciate it :)

13. QWET can be used for edibles and other things, too. It's similar to shatter/wax. It's basically non-decarbed GD reduced to oil just like RSO. Also, it's just a quick wash of no more than 3 minutes to avoid the polar compounds. RSO usually has a soak like my GD process and it's decarbed.

You can decarb your material before making your QWET. It won't change anything other than the texture and a slight decrease in yield.

Your plan sounds good to me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. #54 Wes032, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    I've been on opiates and benzos for years, though I do not take the benzos enough to become dependent. Texas does NOTHING to help us. I have NO WHERE to grow a single plant much less enough to keep me in supply. I'm taking full spectrum cbd oil 1000mgs 0.3%THC because it's all Texas legally allows. Even if you have one of the ailments that Texas gives a mm card the max of THC is 0.5%.
    I'd be so willing to go out of state to get what I need in an oil. I'm aware of the consequences of crossing state lines but I need SOMETHING.
    I have neuropathy from 5 post thoracotomies from lung surgeries, 2 bowel resections, PTSD, Anxiety, crohn's disease, Torlov disease that causes back and leg pain. I also have a new diagnosis of cancer that would I should be allowed to do whatever I think works for the pain besides opiates, if not to even help reverse the cancer itself.
    I'm, most in a world where noone seems to care. I hope others get better results from just cbd oil than I have.

15. Oh, yes, Wes032, I surely know that experience. Due to medical conditions I've been using benzos for 25 years and now the docs here won't prescribe pain and benzo of any level at the same time. Only a surgeon is now allowed to write them and it can be tough to get the surgeon to care. With cannabis I've been able to do without the pain meds until a recent scooter crash. Then suddenly I couldn't get the benzos because of those others. You're not supposed to cold turkey those but I did thanks to my caps.

I have helped several others wean from narcotic and suboxone hell so I think maybe we can help you through that and with @BrassNwood's assistance. Don't give up on Texas and just be on your toes when the opportunity arises. We can't help you acquire your base material but we can certainly tell you what to do with it to turn it into magic with a little luck.

CBD will be a good supplement but you're probably not going to beat those things with just CBD. You need a decent dose of THC also for the most benefit of all those things. Be discreet but be alert in your discussions with other medical patients and they might let something slip. I know of several Texans who have found a way. We'll help you with the technical details no matter where you got the stuff. Even brickweed works. :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. I'm starting to feel well enough now that I can flesh this project out now and will be starting that in the next few days. It's done but I just have to write it. Plus there is a real need for it for our newest arrival. I'll try to go faster than usual. The lab test here is the starting point of the Full Extract Hemp Oil.

Stay tuned. :)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Great to hear you're feeling well and healing psam. Have you been using the CBD to aid your recovery from this surgery?

18. Yes, I've been taking about 45mg twice a day along with a couple of 45mg THC caps. Since my complications everyone is telling he how quickly I now seem to be healing. Today I was able to go out without my walker. I think that it is helping. I've been taking the CBD since the scooter crash in May. :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. Great new psam.!
    Do they know you're taking CBD THC to help with the healing?

20. Oh, yes. All my doctors know. Medical is legal here and I was one of the first hundred to get a card 9 years ago. My nephrologist is doing a study on me because I've had a kidney transplant for over 25 years and used cannabis for twenty five years before that even. I had to lie to the doctors to get the kidney but they now think that cannabis has played a role in it's longevity.

Now that I'm beginning to feel better typing I hope to finish the last full extract project I had started here, especially since there seems to be a lot of interest. And I'll now be able to explain how I think it's has helped my recovery. I couldn't type long enough to do it before but now I seem to be a typing fool and can't stop once I've started. surmene (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 4