CatsOnCannabis First Organic Log

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Catsoncannabis, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Hey all, so recently i have not posted at all but i am back now.
    got a new update for ya.

Day 53 flowering.

i slowed down on teas alot and have only given them 2 in the past couple weeks, i think that helped alot and i was definitely overfeeding. Over the past two weeks ive been watching the buds fattening up nicely, and from a delicate squeeze they feel very dense. great smells so far. IMG_2973.JPG IMG_2898.JPG the northern lights i would say has the best thc production,also came with a beautiful purple hue. right now it looks like 70%cloudly, 10%clear and 20% amber
    IMG_2965.JPG

Both blueberrys are doing okay for thc production and colour, although the one in the front middle does not have as nice of colour or thc as the one in the back left.they are both sitting around 70% cloudly, 5% amber and 25% clear. IMG_2960.JPG
    back left above
    front middle below

IMG_2934.JPG I figure the colour change was mainly to do with temps as i have about a 8 degree drop when it goes to night, it goes from usually around 25-26c to 18-20c, humidity stays around 40 at day and 50 at night.

I have gotten some signals from the plant that it is about their last days coming along, the front middle blueberry had a nanner at the very top which i believe is it trying to reproduce itself in a last attempt to carry on . most of the fan leaves have died off aswell. im going to give it a few more days for the blueberry to ripen up a bit but i dont want to the northrenlights to have too much amber, so ill watch the trichs daily until i decide its time to chop.

Ive started planning my next grow aswell, i figured it will be better if i have more root space so im going to ditch the separate pots as i now have a big ol 20 gallon pot which will surely fill up my tent. I just placed an order with true north seedbank, normally id try to find somewhere a little cheaper but today they were offering a 50% off on canuck seeds and they should ship reasonably quick to my location. i got 3 critical widow fem seeds and 1 freebie which i chose blueberry fem. im excited to get feminized seeds as ive never had them before. i figure im only going to grow 1 or 2 in the next grow as i think in a 20 gallon it should fill up my 2x2 easily.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Really nice colors on those first plants! I think you will be very happy with the results and just in time for the holidays!

Great job on the grow, you've got some nice size buds for such small containers. I'm sure you will see much better results with the larger soil bed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks ,I agree . It turned out better than I thought . I'm excited for the next grow too .

4. Day 55 flowering

The northern lights was looking where I wanted it to be , so I decided to cut her down . IMG_3023.JPG She has about 70-80% pistols brown and curled in , calxys are swollen and the thc was looking where I wanted it to be aswell . IMG_3025.JPG IMG_3038.JPG IMG_3021.JPG I pulled out my old pc grow box and with a simple removal of the lights it makes a good pc drying box too . IMG_3040.JPG I got 91 grams wet after trimming , IMG_3037.JPG they say buds will lose 75% of wet weight when you dry so I expect 21 grams from that plant but hopefully it will actually be closer to an oz lol.
    The two blueberrys still seem like they could plump up a bit more , so I'll give them another weekish . IMG_3042.JPG I also got a very sticky ball of hash off my scissors when I was done . So far I'm pretty glad with the results that are rollin in .

5. day 61 flowering

The one blueberry on the right shot up a bunch of new white hairs the other day so im gonna keep waiting in hopes she will fatten up some more. The other blueberry i thought id try staggered harvest out, the top buds were looking pretty ready , but the secondary buds are still a little small with some white hairs , could probally fatten up a bit more, so i just chopped the top colas to see if the bottom ones will fatten up anymore.
    I also took the northern lights out of the drying box and into a jar, the stems were snapping and the outside leaves were a little crispy. so that was 5 days drying for that. sure does taste great though, no harshness almost at all , especially when i compare it to our Canadian gov't legal weed. when i sampled some yesterday ( last sample for now lol i wanna cure them before i smoke it all up) it had a really nice smoke to it. Also im super excited for my order from tnsb, should be coming in today . i got 3 critical widow and a blueberry freebie , all feminized from canuck seeds.

6. Day 63 flowering

Well my impatience got the best of me , I harvested earlier today. I was trying to wait till all the pistols had browned but they just weren't doing anything it seemed like . Trichs look mostly cloudy with a little amber here and there . I did not scale these ones wet so I'll see what they come to when they are dry . I got the 20 gallon all filled up for next grow (boy is it heavy lol ) and I'll start germinating the new seeds soon . Still decided on if I should plant two or only one. I'm also trying to decide if I should try any fancy germination techniques . I usually just put them on a moist towel on a plate and leave it in my closet , once they pop just stick on soil , but I might try to use aloe Vera gel , and those jiffy pellets I think they are called . Not sure . IMG_3127.JPG IMG_3129.JPG IMG_3132.JPG

7. day 6 of drying , the stems snapped so it was time for jars. I got 21 grams from the NL, 19gs from the bb on the left and 31g from the bb on the right. Not too shabby for my first organic grow i think. The smell is very nice aswell, the NL has a nice earthy smell and my gf says it kinda smells like a very rich butter almost, the BB all have a very sweet smell like berries! I have got the tent all cleaned up and ready to go for next grow, i moved my 20 gallon pot in from the garage ( that was a workout lol) and i started to germinate 2 critical widow fem seeds from canuck seeds. things are going well over here. will have some photos later.

8. I'm back ! So as I said , here are some photos of the finished product , dried and curing . The two blueberry image.jpg image.jpg and the northern lights . image.jpg For my first organic grow I am super stoked with the results . Smells and tastes are amazing , and a nice high aswell .

My 2 critical widow seeds popped yesterday , I did not mean to plant them so close but they are kinda close to eachother . Hopefully that doesn't affect their roots too much , but in my 20 gallon there should be lots of Root space. IMG_3234.JPG I'm also dealing with fungas gnats , little bastards . Going to try to combat them with a thicker mulch layer and I want to add herbs like rosemary and mint . Also yellow stickies , Neem and whatever else I decide to do .
    So here we go , round 2 !!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1