CatsOnCannabis First Organic Log

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Catsoncannabis, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Almost looks just like mine . What size pots and how old are the plants ? And are you trying no till gardening too ?

2. T
    the type of organic growing in trying to learn. This is my first cycle . It's supposed to be like more of a build a super soil and try to allow nature to do the work from what I've figured out . You have your base soil of peat, lava rocks and premium compost ( which I screwed up on and payed for it in the beginning if you look ) amnended with various goodies (your nutes ) ranging from kelp to basalt rock dust . After this you mulch and apply teas and top dress and other organic amendments until your soil is built and established, after that you should not have to worry about much , especially if you have a watering system in place like Bly mats I've learned . You will basically only have to water with plain water usually , and maybe a top dress or something in between but you let the soil do most of It. I'm definitely probally not the best to explain as I just started and I'm trying not to ramble , but if you are interested. Check out the organic sections and look at no till gardening revisited .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Here's an example of No-Till Organic from last years run. It was pretty nice IMO ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. No-Till is a Lifestyle Choice, one of the best I've made! The rabbit hole goes deep........but you'll come out a much better person.

Read it, Learn it, Live it:
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

5. Day 5 flowering IMG_2600.JPG The plants seemed to love the kelp/Alfalfa with aloe tea . Will do one plain watering in a day or so and then another tea . Also I found it interesting how once I started to keep my soil moist the improvements that happened , they seem to be growing a lot better than before ( and not just the stretch but the new leaf colour , no drooping from over/underwatering , just overall seems better .)

Here's the reason I did some defoliation IMG_2601.JPG IMG_2602.JPG IMG_2603.JPG IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2606.JPG So many secondary budsites that I do not want to let to go to waste , just a day after defoliation and they are responding great to the increased light and air . Should make for some good buds all the way up the stems . Depending on how many leaves grow back to replace the old ones I may consider to defoliate once more at week 3 , but I'll let time decide that .
    so far overall this is definitely my best grow yet .

• Like Like x 2
  6. Argh , I have a male . 1 out of 4 is not too bad though. I don't want to waste it but obviously it has to get out of my tent . Should I just chop it and use the leaves /stems as mulch ? Not much else I can do eh .
    First photo is the male IMG_2621.JPG and here's a look at one of the females IMG_2627.JPG

7. I chopped him down , kinda sad because if it was a female it would've been a nice one . IMG_2628.JPG He made for a great layer of mulch though . IMG_2631.JPG Now I'm down to 3 plants. IMG_2630.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  8. #88 Catsoncannabis, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019

9. Day 12 flowering

I've been slowly working up the light to full power , they seem to be liking it . For watering I've been giving kelp/neem teas alternating with kelp/Alfalfa and aloe Vera and also plain water in between the teas .
    IMG_2658.JPG The two blueberry (middle and right ) are coming in fast with lots of pistols , even lots on the lower budsites . The northern lights on the left is not as fast to produce as many pistols but it sure is stretching, and its leaves are getting much bigger , I'm considering repositioning the plants and adding in a scrog net to better position the main colas so that the lower ones can get light too , or leave them where they and do a final defoliation around week 3 when the stretch finishes. not sure which approach I will take.

10. I figured I just wanted to start with training on the blueberry in the front , just with tie downs it opened up really well . IMG_2661.JPG I can kind of see what I'm going to do with the two in the back now aswell , but that's for the future .

11. Okay so I tied down some branches in the back , also I did a little bit of supercropping . It almost looks like I still have 4 plants in there again with all this training. Going to save any final defoliation for week 3 when they finish their stretch . IMG_2665.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wow did they ever pick up fast from that supercropping , they already are pointing back at the light, i thought it would take a couple more days . IMG_2671.JPG IMG_2673.JPG Things are looking pretty decent over here , just can't wait for some nice big buds .

• Like Like x 2
  13. Today I noticed some white spots on some of the lower leaves of the closest plant to me. It seems like there were eggs on the underside , or something . Luckily only a few leaves were affected and I cannot see anything else flying around. I sprayed with a neem oil/water and that seem to wash whatever was on the underside off, I sprayed just about every other leaf and underside while trying not to hit the budsites , I really wanna nip this in the bud so it doesn't grow into a big problem further into flower . Hopefully since the eggs got washed away and neem was applied to the leaves that will be enough to prevent that from getting any further . My best guess is that they were spider mite or whitefly eggs, but I don't actually see any whiteflies flying around so i think I can rule them out . And there is no webbing so if they are spider mites they haven't matured yet . Or maybe they are something else , I'm not sure . Other than that , plants look good .

14. Day 19 flowering.
    IMG_2709.JPG
    Temps are at 24-25c during the day, 20c at night . Humidity is 35-45% at day and 40-50% at night .

I'm having some issues with the two in the back , yellowing of the leaves and rusty/brownspots, as well as some leaf taco . I'm unsure what's causing it, I'm just going to continue to maintain a good water and tea schedule , good temps and airflow and lighting and try to keep them going as good as possible until they finish , not the best of situations but oh well it's a learning experience. IMG_2710.JPG IMG_2711.JPG IMG_2712.JPG

I watered them all with plain water yesterday , gave them a mbp topdress as it's been a while and they might need a little boost for flower . And I've got a kelp/Alfalfa/aloe tea brewing that I will give in a couple days .

I'm starting to see some good bud formation though , they all now have great tops of white hair and the nl has even started on trichs , before the blueberry , which is interesting because the blueberry had pistols a week before it .

Anyways if you guys have any tips for what the yellowing may be or what to do that would be appreciated.

Also , it seems like the neem application took out those pests , haven't seen any other leaves with eggs or other indication of pests since I sprayed .

15. Day 23 flowering (start of week 4)
    IMG_2741.JPG IMG_2736.JPG
    I have some good , some bad and some ugly today . All the plants are feeling the small pots I think ( can't wait to start next cycle in a 20 gal) more some than others , the one blueberry that was giving me troubles I repositioned to the left side , it's not doing much better , I hope it makes it to the finish line . The other two are doing okay , not perfect but they are still going . All 3 now have leaf issues IMG_2722.JPG IMG_2718.JPG IMG_2754.JPG . But all 3 are working on buds , even through the issues they are trying to put on some weight . The northern lights is making some nice Trichs , (sorry for half-ass photos) IMG_2747.JPG same as the more unhealthy blueberry IMG_2749.JPG , the healthiest strangely is not working on trichs yet , IMG_2753.JPG but is still fattening up . I don't really know how to help them other than regular teas and water and trying to keep the environment as good as possible . I tried a kelp foliar spray but that has not seemed to help . I betcha they would be better if they were in bigger pots but it's a little too late now , atleast I know for next time.

Overall I just hope that they all make it to harvest , only like 4-5 more weeks, they should be able to limp through I think . Even if I do not get the most or the greatest bud I really hope I get something for my time and effort , although I have gained some good experience and knowledge for what to do next time .
    Anyways I'm just rambling on now, I better wrap it up .

• Like Like x 2
  16. What do you give them in teas? They look over fertilized to me.

“A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul.” - Saadi
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

• Like Like x 2
  17. How's that Blueberry coming along?

• Like Like x 1
  19. better than before!

• Like Like x 1