CatsOnCannabis First Organic Log

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Catsoncannabis, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Could be a potassium deficiency? It kind of matches . Although I don't think the plants need that much potassium in veg

2. As for water I use tap water filtered through a Brita water filter .

3. Okay , so im still seeing the yellowing/browning continue on the 2 northern lights . The blueberry do seem to be doing much better , especially with just overall growth. I think it may be a potassium deficiency indeed , mainly as that's what I think matches the symptoms and looks , so I'm going to give the 2 nl a kelp tea , also I was thinking , if I topdressed with freshly homemade compost and watered it in , would that kind of leech the nutrients into the soil ? IMG_2412.JPG IMG_2413.JPG IMG_2413.JPG IMG_2414.JPG IMG_2415.JPG IMG_2416.JPG IMG_2417.JPG IMG_2418.JPG IMG_2419.JPG IMG_2420.JPG

4. Or maybe it is because they are in 1 gal pots . Perhaps a switch up to 3 gal pots would help . I wonder if I could fit 5 gal pots in this tent lol .

5. IMG_2421.JPG Okay so i transplanted to my main mix and I also added some more fresh compost in there . I switched them to 3 gal and that is definitely all I'll fit in there . Hopefully I'll see some good results

• Like Like x 3
  6. Day 56 here , the plants are lookin good . Responding well to both my training and the bigger pots , I don't really see any healthy leaves being affected anymore by whatever was causing them to yellow , the ones that already were affected do not seem to be continuing to die out so I think that problem is gone . IMG_2462.JPG I'm going to try to continue training until the canopy covers most of the soil , maybe another foot of height aswell and then I'll switch to flower . Maybe late September if they continue to grow well .

• Like Like x 2
  7. IMG_2516.JPG The blueberry really is responding well to my training , the northern lights not as much but still doing good . I almost have a full canopy which is what I'm aiming for . I just want to fill it up as much as possible . I watered with a kelp tea today as I thought they looked like they could use it . Other than that though I haven't had to water much a since I got the 3 gals and only plain water .

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nice job on the training, canopy is looking good and even, it should fill out very soon.

Blueberry was always a favorite of mine. That was the strain I smuggled back home in 2004 when I visited Amsterdam. DJ Short was the version, it was very nice smoke and I cloned it for years as I was living in an area with no access to quality genetics.

Smuggled the seeds back home in a bag of sunflower seeds :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. That's great , sunflower seeds . Just don't accidentally eat one of the hidden seeds when you need a snack eh lol ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hmm ,so I'm not sure if that kelp tea helped the plants or not . I gave it because they looked as if they were yellowing slightly on the edges and some tips were brown and curling down , I also raised the light a little because I also figured it could possibly have been light burn as it does not seem to be affecting the bottom as much . So I'm not sure if it's light burn or nute burn , maybe a deficiency but I don't think so that much , im unsure . IMG_2522.JPG IMG_2523.JPG IMG_2524.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Okay , so I'm still concerned about the yellowing edges , the brown tips are most likely a little nute burn as I've gathered from other growers .i think the yellowing on the edges is light burn , caused not necessarily by extreme intensity but by prolonged exposure to high power light ( the qb96 can be a lot more powerful than I thought . ) so I turned it down a bit and raised it , hopefully that helps , if not then I got some more research to do . IMG_2540.JPG IMG_2541.JPG IMG_2542.JPG However I am very content with the canopy so far, I'm going to stop growing sideways now and let them grow up a few nodes, after that I'd like to do some minor defoliation to expose the bud sites to light and air , then I'd like to switch to flower. So hopefully I can figure out this issue pretty fast so I can fast track to flower .

12. I'm also loving the blueberry , although I haven't smoked any yet. It sure grows like a champ .

13. Okay , I feel like it's time to flip to flower . The plants seem to be okay. I feel like I can benifit from finishing this cycle off and learning from my mistakes . I'm going to continue to feed with kelp tea, going to try some Alfalfa teas , fish hydrosilate, aloe Vera , coconut water and I'm going to try and find some good ewc to make a coots fix it slurry that could help during flower. I'd like to defoliate a little bit to open up some light for the lower side shoots but I'd also like to wait incase the plant needs those leaves desperately as a source of nutes or as a line of defence against whatever . So I may do some light defoliation in the middle of the stretch period depending on how they look . IMG_2570.JPG Otherwise I'm going to continue to let the plants do their thing while I continue to try to grow the soil .

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nice canopy you've got going there. Looks like the yellowing at the edges has stopped.

It's always so hard to decide when to defoliate, I try to do it as little as possible but sometimes wonder if I should have done more.

I just updated my 55x55 tent to a 4x4 living soil bed and am excited to see the results from the larger soil mass. I'm pretty sure you would benefit from the same. 3 gallon pots are going to keep you on your toes. Looking good now though and you are gaining experience and building a connection with your plants. Make sure to play them some good music every now and then :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yea part of me really wants to expose those bud sites under the main colas but I also do not want to take away any of those good leaves . Next cycle I plan on using one large bed aswell , as much as I can fit in the 2x2 , probally like 15-20gallon pot, I'll go for probally 2 plants in that bed next time.

• Like Like x 2
  16. IMG_2576.JPG Look at all those nice little budsites that could grow into good side colas if exposed to more light and air . IMG_2577.JPG Also it's nice to see alternating branching beginning to happen , shows some good maturity of the plants I think .

• Like Like x 1
  17. Okay so today I fed with a kelp/neem tea , 2 tbsp of kelp meal, about a 1/4 cup of neem in 1 gallon water and I let it sit for 24hrs . They have begun their stretch and I'm excited for the days to come , probally going to defoliate in the next week or so , and might put in a scrog net. IMG_2589.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. So I decided to defoliate , most of the leaves in the middle were all layered and dense, not much airflow or light penetration there . I didn't try to go very heavily just in the middle area of each plant where all the good budsites are . There sure were a lot more than I thought, just waiting to grow out .

Before IMG_2590.JPG And after IMG_2592.JPG I got some ewc although I'm not sure they are amazing quality, they are gaia green brand , but hopefully better than nothing , I top dressed about 4 tablespoons per plant with that . I've got a kelp/Alfalfa tea with aloe Vera brewing to give them in a day or so, Ive begun to water more frequently but In less amounts to just keep the soil most . Hopefully it all helps for flower

• Like Like x 1
  19. Your plants are looking great! Just read back through everything and can’t wait to follow along for the rest. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks man , I appreciate that .