Carolina Reaper

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Vee, Jul 4, 2020.

1. [​IMG]
    2 years ago I googled for the hottest most flavorsome Chilli

googles says its the Carolina Reaper, of which I've been meaning to buy the seeds on Ebay,

but never got around to it
    [​IMG]
    today in my local supermarket is the Carolina Reaper 12 chillies for $us2.00 grown in Israel

I bought them quick...the 'hottest chilli' in the world is the claim

I intend to extract the seeds and grown my own,

does anyone else grow this chilie...??

I add my chiilies to cheapy tomato sauce for some chilli spice

good luck

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. They look like the Devil's horns!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1

3. I don't grow chilli's but i eat/make alot of spicy food :smoke:, last month I tried a Carolina Reaper burger that had been hyped about in the news/social media.. it tasted great/ wasn't too hot to handle but an hour or so after eating it my stomach hurt/felt like it was on fire & I was stuck on the toilet the next day from 6am :bolt::laughing:
    maxresdefault (7).jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. They look like they're giving you the finger.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Oh yes the Carolina Reaper is a spicy mofo. Had a few different jerky’s with it in it. Blew me up.

Real men love heat. :thumbsup:

Ghost Peppers and Habaneros are also a few that I enjoy. Grew habaneros, and a few other peppers in soil but I just lost the passion for it. Much easier to buy a few or a good salsa lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Here's the guy that makes em. He's got Pepper X which is supposedly twice as hot :eek:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. [​IMG]
    More like a cross between my Grannies clit and her 5th husbands testicle ..lol

its ok we as a family sauna and bathe naked its natural in my world, lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Hottest I've grown was the Trinidad moruga scorpion. Still got a dozen seeds there. Easy to grow if you can get the bastards to pop. Managed 2 out of 10 so far. They don't germ as easily as weed lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I do like a challenge but will leave the collodial silver at home ...lol

• Like Like x 2
  10. I have some peach bhut (ghost peppers) going. supposed to hit 2 million Scoville. I also like to grow peppers just for the colors. This is a Jigsaw pepper plant.
    0722202225b.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Nice. I don't know what I'd do with that other than being ornamental. I like my spice but not to the point where I'm gonna feel it more on the way out than the way in. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I’ve got the seeds to grow these beasts. As someone mentioned above, they look devilish. I don’t eat really hot stuff but my trusted pepper buddy says these are to be taken seriously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I learnt last light the poor eat 'hot' food it eases the hunger pains of those in sth america

I didn't know that ..lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. IMG_20210320_104103901~2.jpg
    Waiting for my peach bhuts to sprout. This is a Buena melata pepper plant

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I just got my Reaper seeds yesterday and am starting them soon.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. I started 2 of these seeds today along with 2 jalapeño seeds. I’ll post pics when they germ. This is gonna be a fun pepper project.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. I came to say this

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The hottest peppers definitely aren't the best for foods. It doesn't take nearly that much to overpower all the flavor of a meal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. You can make hot food with flavour dude it's all about balancing out the spices :smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1