Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannaoil With Wax

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Gant42090, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Hey how's it going? So I've been doing alot of research on making gummies and was going to originally attempt with Flower but knowing I can get more potent gummies with an extract will be alot easier. I do have an extensive cooking background so I understand the Infusion process and how to do it. Where my questions lay are the Wax to Coconut Oil ratio. I've seen alot of videos and read things where they use 1G of wax to 1Cup of oil and that can't be strong enough. I have 7G of wax what would be a good ratio of oil to use to make some potent gummies

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'd decide what dose I would want my gummies and work backwards.Your wax is probably 70-80% which would give you approximately 5000 mg in seven grams. Use the recipe oil with the amount of wax you need to get your target dosage. Have fun and enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
  3. The BadKat recipe is as follows.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes

5 grams Kief or Hash or Concentrate
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin.
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

Kief - Hash 1 drop 3mg
    Wax - Shatter 1 drop = 5-6mg

BNW

4. So the recipe for gummies I'm looking at is a
    1/4 Cup of Infused Coconut oil
    1/2 cup water
    6oz Flavored Jello
    1oz Unflavored Jello
    1/2 Teaspoon Lecithin

Would 7G of wax not be enough to make them potent. It should stretch across to about 75 gummies. According to calculators I've looked at it shows the will be pretty potent but I've never made done this before so figured I'd ask experiences people I don't understand how I would dose the drops in the recipe you gave me in order to make what I'm making

5. You'd decarb the concentrate. Use the 1/4 cup of Coconut oil and the 1/2 tea of Lecithin to infuse into. Do that step first.
    Make the gummies following the rest of the recipe.

We usually advise people to make a empty recipe first to make sure the basic recipe sets up as expected.
    Saves heartache when things fail with several grams of Herb wasted or really hard to consume.

Not being a Cook I have no way to tell off hand if it'll work.

I'm AM a master of infusing concentrates in oil with lecithin but I fill capsules with it for direct use.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] 160 micron dry ice Kief.

[​IMG]

Roughly 5000mg divided between 75 portions
    66.666666666 mg each.
    Many states limit single serve edibles to 10mg each.
    BNW

6. The recipe I got off a video I watched and looking at everything it sets properly but thank you for all the other info. Also I wouldn't say my state approves of what I'm doing

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. 66mg is a healthy dose and a lot for most people. If they are for personal use it's one thing.
    If you plan on passing them out it is twice what I'd offer.

As party favors I won't go past 20-30mg each. And I usually tell people to start with half.
    My capsules are 75s and hit like a hammer to most people. Puts them right at the edge of to much. Way past fun and enjoyment.

BNW

8. They would be passed with a warning to dose against their own will with a recommended half dosage easier to pass with higher mg out here

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've found I can't trust anyone to eat half of a small cookie. Half a gummie would be even more difficult. I like strong edibles, but most of my friends have a lower tolerance than me. I've learned the hard way not to give someone a large dose with the caveat that they only eat half. That often ends badly, even for some experienced folks. Good luck with your gummies!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Taking what your saying into consideration what would be your recipe for 20-30mg capsules and the countity it would yield. Thinking why do all the extra to make gummies when I can just make capsules lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. I would use @BrassNwood 's recipe, but increase the oil. I estimated 5000 mg in your seven grams which would make a bunch of capsules- like 165 @ 30 mg!

• Like Like x 1
  12. How much should I increase the oil by?

13. #14 Joker1121, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    I've changed my mind. I would decide how strong I want the gummies and use the amount of oil called for in the recipe. Then I'd to determine how much wax to use. You will need to make several batches I think. If you want gummies at 25 mg and the recipe uses 1/4 cup of oil and makes 75 gummies that means 25 mg X 75 gummies in 1/4 cup of oil and needs to contain approximately 2,000 mg wax. Calculate your wax at 750 mg/gram = 2.6 grams of wax for 75 gummies. I'd make one batch and decide if I want them stronger or weaker. This would be better than using the whole seven grams of wax at first.
    I would measure 2.6 grams of wax, decarb, add to the amount of oil the recipe calls for. Do not forget to decarb.
    25 mg gummy X 75 gummies = approximately 2, 000 mg. 2000 mg would take 2.6 grams of wax. That's estimating your wax at 750 mg per gram. Do you know the potency of your wax?
    A person could easily eat a handful of gummies for a huge dose of THC.
    If you know the amount of THC in your wax you can refine the numbers.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I don't know how strong it is I'm assuminging in between 70-80% that's the average

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Make BadKats recipe as directed. Adjust the dose not the oil amount.
    [​IMG]

My dry ice kief is about 50% THC and each drop is 3mg. Concentrates like wax=shatter 75% or higher. Call it 5-7mg per drop.

For new users I make a raft of 1 drop capsules like so.

Take 1 and wait 2 hours
    if not stoned
    Take 2 more and wait another 2 hours
    if not stoned
    Take 4 more and wait 2 more hours
    Keep doubling and waiting until it works and you are to fucked up to stand.
    Keep track of how many drops it takes and now you have a baseline for that strength oil.
    If you make the same recipe every time you don't have to dick around finding out how strong the oil is.

BNW