Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Tnes, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Whats the best method for making cannabutter i know there's many varying opinions jw what i should decarb on an for how long an how long to leave the cheesecloth in the butter before cooling in fridge? I know correct ratios of butter to herb an what not just looking on actual cooking methods

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I like to start with a concentrate, such as hash, rosin, or RSO. It is easier to make more potent butter this way. I also use coconut oil instead of butter, for a number of reasons.

You'll want an oven thermometer to dial in your temperatures for decarbing. Shoot for 240º F for 40 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Following the decarbing I put herb in cheesecloth then what? How long do I leave the cheesecloth in the butter simmering

4. Be careful with what recipe you use.
    It's also unnecessary to make butter or oil first.
    The most efficient recipes use decarbed herb powder in any recipe's oil.
    Below is a simplified version of BrassNwood's popular and effective recipe.

Here's a good cookie mix that hides slight herb taste well.
    Betty Crocker Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix - 17.9oz

Follow these instructions:
    1. Decarb 8 g herb @ 240 F for 40 min, or better yet use Ardent Lift/Nova/FX.
    2. Grind to fine powder.
    3. Combine herb, an equal amount of lecithin, and the recipe oil.
    4. Infuse mixture @ 220 F for 20-40 min. 40 min is slightly sleepier than 20 min.
    5. Weigh out 30 equal cookies, and finish the recipe.

I've made thousands of these using both home recipes and box mixes.
    They work just as well as anything else made from the same amount of original herb, including cannacaps, oils, tinctures, FECO, RSO.

Assuming good 15% thc herb,
    TotalTHC = (0.15 g THC / 1 g Herb)*(8000 mg Herb) = 1200 mg THC
    1 Cookie = (1200 mg THC)/30 = 40 mg THC

Brownies can be made the same way, but I like to make them in a thin sheet, and bake them like cookies to avoid too much heat for too long.
    Oil "protects" thc to some extent, but any additional heat will degrade THC at least slightly.

My low tolerance friends eat 1/4 cookie.

The cookies can be made any strength by using different amounts of herb.
    Making strained butter/oil first can lose 20-70% of the potency.

If you are skeptical, as you should be, then you can do almost the same thing to infuse oil for caps, or nut butter for spreads, using the first 4 steps above.
    Even 1/2 gram (~75 mg THC) infused into a bit of nut butter will convince you that this works very well.
    Such a thing is similar to firecrackers.

5. I recently bought a Levo 2 and it pretty much does everything by itself. Here's the link
    It also came with some accessories. I can't wait to use it more. What is the ratio of butter to herb that your using?

6. I use anywhere between 7-9 grams to 1 cup of butter

• Like Like x 1