Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CannaButter in Microwave!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HashSlasher11, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Thanks for info. Though I'm only making cookies from the butter.

2. @LeeRoyTheWino
    I get that.. Try coconut oil next time as it doesn't have any real flavor of it's own or doesn't to me.. I find it makes a better baked good as butter can bring to much of it's own flavor to a dish..
    Second part is make as potent a base oil to start with.. You can always thin down a to strong oil.. No nice way to fix a dead weak batch except to add more weed and cook again and that degrades the first batch..
    Just my 2 cents..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Funny thread, but educational! Brought back fond memories of the most potent butter I ever made. So much effort and money. I babied that butter, and it was the rankest, greenest stuff I'd ever had the pleasure of smelling... but I was missing ingredients for baking, lacked any peanut butter and didn't want to use the last of my gas to go buy some. So I ate a serving-sized cube of chilled cannabutter.

It was fucking awful. I mean, literally the worst thing I have ever tasted, or felt. It melted fast, and coated my mouth with oily textured foulness. I wished for death -- 40 minutes later, I got it. It was like I'd been on the edge of a cliff, looking out into absolute darkness before being shotgun blasted off of the edge by the best high I'd had since I started years before. As a fun aside: the brownies I made with the rest of that butter? Even worse, with the same tongue-crippling taste, and all of the difficulty of getting chewy fudge down quickly. I had to resort to my tried true method for coping, while I struggled to ingest Satan's dookie; cute animal videos.

• Like Like x 2
  4. This method DEFINITELY WORKS! The decarb process takes place when the coconut oil/butter is heated up to around 220-260° F. Hands down easiest and quickest method to make edibles. Even after I put 2-3 grams in my 2 tablepoons of coconut oil, all I did was shake my small glass container (for those of you that didn't follow the directions and used a plastic container that's where you failed and didn't get as high as I did!) Vigorously for 10-20 seconds and then waited 5-10 minutes to extract (the longer the better) I still got super high and altogether it took me 5 minutes!

5. Also for those of you using ABV (already been Vaped) that means it's already been heated to the point of decarboxylation and you could literally eat the ABV and get high or throw it on a hefty serving of whale dick and get wasted baked! So after you type "I tried using my ABV in this recipe", go ahead and delete you post and then slap yourself in the face with a whale dick. Lastly for those of you that said "I'm gonna try this recipe and post later with results" and then never posted back you must've gotten so high that you passed out and woke up forgetting about this thread entirely. This thread saved my marriage, thank you OP!

6. #86 ZukeNukem, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    (Last post I swear) For those of you that didn't get as high as you'd have liked here's some reasons why.

•You used regs or mids (shitty bud) and diluted it too much with butter/oil when you should have used 2-3 times more bud or use less oil or a combo of both suggestions.

• Used a plastic container and your thc was absorbed by the plastic. Read a few posts that said they didn't get that high and also mentioned a plastic container (slap yourself with a whale dick)

• The most important step is allowing the bud to extract into the oil/butter before refrigerating, as well as shaking vigorously for 10-20 seconds. Ideally, leave the bud/oil mixture out for 30-90 minutes before refrigerating ( the longer the higher). Leave it out for the day and fridge it next day if possible.

I hope that helps anyone that didn't get wasted baked from this recipe cause I sure as hell did!

7. hey. How much of the finished n final cannabutter should i give my mother whos gonna try for the first time?? She doesnt like to inhale..

8. Depends on the potency, if you have a high tolerance and can't test it yourself I suggest starting her very small and over the next week find the sweet spot for dosage

9. The last thing you want to do is give her way to much.
    The best way for finding a new users dose range is as follows.
    Take 10 mg and wait 2 full hours.
    If not stoned. Take 20mg more and wait an additional 2 hours.
    If not stoned. Take 40mg more and wait another 2 full hours.
    Continue doubling the dose and waiting until it works.
    Keep track of how much it takes and now you have a baseline starting point for the next dose.

Most of us use BadKats oil recipe.
    Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered
    5 grams of Hash or KIef or powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 20 F for 20 minutes

Buds 1 drop = 1 mg
    Kief or Hash 1 drop = 3mg

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just did this tonight with some flats I pressed with my tarik+t-rex rosen extraction kit at 302 degrees fahrenheit. Broke it up after smoking the rosen and except I used a glass cereal bowl and a tea cup plate instead of tupperware. Works pretty well I just took the unstrained butter and chronic let it cool a bit and tossed in 2 tbsp of peanut butter and 3 squirts of maple syrup.