Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Topicals Cannabis lotion

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by Frostnuggets, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Hey guys, I’m wanting to make some cannabis lotion with some trimmings I have. Only problem is the strains I am growing at the moment have little to no cbd content, will I still get any pain relief from this lotion of am I better off buying a bottle of cbd and mixing that with my lotion? Just started a new job and they’ve got me doing some intense labor and I’m just looking for something to relieve the pain in my back. What do you guys think? The strains I am growing are jack herrer, lemon kush headband, and blueberry headband. Just did some lolipopping tonight and have a whole lot of excess trimmings. Would prefer to use my own material but if it’s not gonna do anything for me in a lotion I’ll just make some edibles.

2. Hon, my home-made cannabis balm is very effective and I make it with a plain old indica. THC will relieve pain. but it uses a different chemical pathway to do it than CBD does.

I have carpal tunnel and arthritis in my right hand. When my hand starts aching, I rub my balm around my thumb joints and up the wrist to the crook of my elbow. 15 minutes later, I can type again without pain!!! :yay: (Just quitting typing for 15 minutes does ease the pain, but as soon as I start typing, it quickly comes back unless I use my balm.) My balm makes a big difference.

So anyway, to each half cup of oil, I use 1 to 2 tablespoons of well crumbled cannabis buds and later in the process, I add a chunk of beeswax that's a little bigger than a marble.

I use a mix of hemp seed oil and olive oil (to help balance the omega 3,6 & 9) and cannabis and I "cook" it "low and slow" in a mug on one of those little coffee cup warmers for at least 8 hours. Then I strain the mix using a tea strainer and a clean mug. I just discard the used up plant matter in the wood stove.

I put the mug with the infused oil back on the warmer and add the crumbled bees wax. Placing a saucer on top of the mug as a lid, speeds the melting of the wax. Once the wax has melted into the oil, take a spoonful out and let it cool to check the texture. Add more oil or wax to adjust the texture, if needed. Pour it into a clean jar and you are done. :biggrin:

Granny

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I have no experience in THC only topicals, mine have 1:1. I'd probably buy some CBD oil and mix it in.

4. phytecs - tour the ECS Tour the ECS - Phytecs
    ECS in the skin - The ECS in Skin - Phytecs

5. Just wanted to drop in and say thank you! I too have arthritis in my hands and will be trying this recipe :)

6. Any data to back this up? Have you ever even checked how much trichomes you can have in trimmings? A lot is my answer.

7. As frostnuggets said, they were lollipopping their plant. From my experience, lollipopping is typically done in the veg stage in which you clear the undergrowth of your plant to focus the energy to the top branches. The excess undergrowth is typically small leaves and stems. Cannabis leaves in veg stage contain minimal cannabinoids.

8. Perhaps we are not talking about the same type of trimmings. I meant the actual trimmings from buds.

9. Sorry guys haven’t been on in awhile, the trimmings were done when doing a little clean up to the bottom of the plants at the beginning of flower. I had already done an initial lollipop in veg but there’s always more to clean up. The trimmings did contain a fair amount of small buds. The recipe I used was a mix of coconut oil which I medicated using the trimming, coconut butter, Shea butter, hemp oil (cbd), lavender essential oil, and a little bit of ground up aloe Vera from a plant I was growing. This recipe works great for the aches and pain I get from working 8-10 hour shifts on an organic farm as well as healing sunburns. Cbd has been found to help greatly with sunburns. Plus the aloe gives a little more boost for that, only so much sunscreen can do when you work 40+ hours a week in the sun.

10. Old thread, but hoping you can answer a question.

I've infused all kinds of oils, butter, sugar, honey and even bacon fat with some really good results. For cooking purposes, hemp oil wasn't great. I never found an edible that complimented the flavor. What are your thought of using it as a rub/lotion? I put some in a two ounce pump/spray bottle. Do you think that using it as-is would be effective as a topical? Side note; this was a relatively high THC content White Chocolate strain and was decarbed before infusion.