Cannabinol Vaporization Temperatures

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jakesterjammin, Apr 8, 2013.

1. #221 Rezerg, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    The reason people vape at different temps is to get the effects they need while leaving behind the effects they dont want. The higher temperature you go, the more likely you are to experience paranoia. For some, that can trigger panic attacks, raise blood pressure and worse depending on your physical composition (prone to heart attacks and the like).

You can get relatively large therapeutic effects

[​IMG]

As you can see, vaporization of specific THC and CBD molecules start at a pretty low temperature. Sometimes for instance, I will not go any higher than 365 in order to get the base effects without getting too high. Of course, vapes are not great at keeping a stable temp. The larger devices like your volcano have more stable temps because of the longer time its using to extract. It is able to quickly stabilize the temperature from the heat source to the bowl. Handheld devices are only being used for 3-10 seconds at a time and don't have time to stabilize the temperature in the bowl from the heater. When this is the case, you should at least be sure that it's not getting hotter (in most cases) than the visual temperature reading and may require adjusting to get the exact desired effects.

As for the BS about joints. Heat decarbs MJ at any point once it's over 200 degrees f. You start the process of different THC and CBD. Joint's however do not activate everything below the combustion point. It instead destroys it instantly. Joints use heat at or above 700 degrees celsius. That is why you get so little THC as compared to vaporization. You're getting high from THC but you're also getting high from carbon dioxide. It is indeed decarbing, but not as fully as a vape would.

Back to vaping. Now depending on your heating method, your vape could be more accurate. Vapes that heat the oven directly are more accurate since it's not relying on your breath to control the temperature. The bad part of that is that your material is getting used regardless of if you're pulling on it.

Other vapes use heat directly from the heater and will not heat the bowl until you start your draw. The down side to these is that the bowl temperature is not accurate in the slightest.

Third, there are vapes which use hybrid heating. That is a combination of both of the above types. In most cases, this is overkill and the heat from the bowl will still in most cases, cause the bowl temp to fluctuate frequently depending on how you draw.

Vapes that are more accurate in this case (heating from the heat element into the bowl) are those that use a longer heating method that doesnt rely on you to do the work. Like a volcano or airizer extreme q. These extractions usually last about 20 seconds or more to fill a bag and are able to easily stabilize the temperature in the bowl.

• Like Like x 3
  2. I just bought the Volcano Digital hybrid and it has the ability to build out profiles on the app. So I can have it get to each vape point of the terpenes in my strain, blow air for 5-10 seconds then automatically raise the temp to the next one and repeat until I get to around 335-340 for the THC. I never knew how good a vape bag could taste.

3. Salutations,

Bags are an interresting exception relatively to thermal denaturation, since although "baking" sure still occurs at least there's some consolation from evacuating noble molecules as soon as "RELEASED", while the rest continues to endure further cooking for a couple minutes...

Personally i much prefer to follow "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation", rendered conveniently accessible via Pulse Heating, as routinely experienced using my Customized VaporGenie Pipe, for example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So it turns out "Pulse Heating" is a most appropriate tool if the primary purpose is to selectively target trichome glands on the basis of their contact-surface to volume ratio, e.g. to promote wide-spectrum "bouquets".

Actually the fact is very few exceptions can in principle even afford not to have one consumption tool designed just like this and yet i'm the only guy around lucky enough to be in a 1st-person position when commenting its benefit(s). Which is all that matters in the end!

Ah, and i never have to worry for water toys considering i already obtain all the "Inlet Water" i personally require in a portable pocket format! :thumbsup:

So...

Good day, have fun!! :D

4. All good, but wanted to add the high temp part. My body wants ALL the good stuff, especially those body meds. Most of my dry herb vapes were too low or burnt at high temps which only got like 435 or so. I have a Vavovape Jedi that goes to 464 and doesn't burn AT ALL!!! It tastes great at low temps AND high temps!!! In fact, if you let it get cooking, there comes a second wave of cloud that is really tasty. I believe I'm getting into the quercetin or whatever. Hope this helps!! Vavovape Jedi!!!

5. My Vavovape Jedi goes up to 464 without burning!! The ONLY one for me that EVER went that high without burning!!

6. An interesting read! Somewhat new to vaping. I've been keeping the setting to 198c (first session) and then going to 203c (second session).

Some interesting info about lower temps. I think I'll try going down to 188 or 190c for the next sessions to see the difference now that I've had 6 months or so right around ~200

7. (Ever wonder what happened to all those dangerous black market carts? :hide:)

reported

8. It would be hard for me to keep up with this. I do well to watch the pot of homemade spaghetti sauce. But I promise you that you would slap your momma for fixing Ragu' one you've tasted mine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. My Vape max hits 220c temp.

Some nice facts there.

10. Yeah, other things that reduce function in the immune system: cold temperatures, working out too much, stress, sugar and alcohol. hswsupply

11. Baylen Levine merchandise line explores diverse topics, even delving into the scientific nuances of cannabinol vaporization temperatures. The intriguing synergy emerges as his merch combines educational elements with his personal brand. This collection, perhaps unexpected yet captivating, symbolizes his commitment to intellectual curiosity. Just as different cannabinoids vaporize at specific temperatures, his merchandise becomes a unique blend of knowledge and style, appealing to his audience's multifaceted interests. With each item, Baylen invites us to appreciate the intricate details that make up his world.