Cannabinol Vaporization Temperatures

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jakesterjammin, Apr 8, 2013.

1. But the post at the beginning clearly stated both thc and cbd burn at far lower than 200, so why is 170 seeing such poor returns? Is the study suggesting you should just incinerate your herb and inhale the hottest smoke you can ingest? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of temperature controlled vaporisers?

2. Because there is more than one form of THC and CBD. They all vaporize at different temps. At 170, you're only getting a little vapor. The hotter you go, the more THC and CBD you're vaporizing. Say at 350, you're vaping everything from 170-350, not just the stuff that vapes at 350 so you're going to get more vapor out of it.

3. Wow, really an impressive piece of information for any vapor enthusiast...

4. 360* during the day 390* at night for me

5. This is called VAPEROLOGY ETHICS

6. Amazing. Love it. The information you have given is so interesting for those who are daily vapor smoker.

7. Anyone know the best temperature for getting high as new to vaporing

8. For conduction vaporizers with ceramic chamber...
    If you are a smoker, the best temperature would be 190°C-200°C, this is also the best temperature for THC.
    But If you aren't...starting with 175°C and adapting and increasing how do you like it.
    If you have a vape with metallic chamber I'd recommend lower temps, 170°C or even less, because it sometimes produces smoke.

9. The Crafty. 373 degrees is the best for mine. No smoke, a good cloud of vapor that is not hot

• Like Like x 1
  10. 388* is where i stay

11. #191 hophead636, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Edit moving to its own I felt bad jacking this thread on a side note, Just had a session on 197c and liking it more then last night

12. Totally awesome stats- very thorough and helpful

13. I have not done my research but I just did a Volcano digital at 420F and it was thick and tasty like these bong rips we used to get out of stuffing a whole gram or more in a big bowl and hitting it with a ceramic makita heat gun! Enough for two big puffs in the bag I have. So, my research starts here to understand the what cannabinoids I want to access and which are better left un-vaporized. I've vaporized at 370F and it's clean and on the lighter side for a bong smoker. If I get up to 420F, what a difference, but is this all just other terpenes and THC/CDB's that have once not been vaporized, now becoming vaporized? Or am I getting some degree of combustion possibly? Like sizzle of old residue maybe?

14. *cannabinoid

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Hi

I simply have a peek in the substance flash, I really think it is 449˚F. I believe this since Volcano vaporizers visit 446˚F and also have a precision of +- 3˚F, plus they just maintain it at Display temp.

16. Baba Masha, are you this?
    360 390

17. I think you meant CBD (cannabidiol) not CBN (cannibinol) ???

CBD = 320F/160C
    CBN = 365F/185C

Note: CBN or 365F is when the sedative effects start to be released.

My Vape Temp Web Tool:
    vape°

Vape Temp PDF Form:
    http://kennybosem.com/vape.pdf

Vape HTML Form:
    http://kennybosem.com/vape.html

Vape Temp JPG:
    http://kennybosem.com/vape.jpg

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. I would imagine the temps being the same for dabs?
    If not is there a similar chart for dabbing, anyone?

19. I found a sweet spot on my vape and it's around 162c .... for ages I had it set to 230c thinking I was clever but apparently from what I have studied upon in the higher temp ranges poisonous gases are released such as benzene. The higher you go the more frequent they occur.

I feel stupid because I vaped 3oz of weed over the course of a couple months before it turned a common cold I had one day into a chest infection and I realised having it on 230c was the cause of this.

After playing with my vape and getting high once every hour or two to see how it affected me I went up and down on temps and I found that you can get just as high on 160c as 230c and i think the only reason o had it on 230 the whole time was because the harsh gases released at higher temps confused me making me think leaving it on 230c was clever.

Also I found that most vape temp charts are a load of rubbish on the internet they also suggest that the higher the temperature the higher you get in theory it is true but it will ultimately ruin you. So now I am happy I found a sweet spot to get high on my vape and I don't even notice the smell taste or harsh effects of the weed but get just as high as I did before.

I would like to hear from other people who vape at around 160c and thoughts and opinions.

20. Salutations Pineapple-express,

Such temperatures only apply to thermostatic scenarios and hence their associated slow/steady baking (read denaturation) from extended exposure to intense heat. My HerbalAire has been picking up dust for a very long time because i just can't stand it anymore, years ago 165 ºC seemed appropriate, now it would render me miserable for days, until i'm done recovering...

Lets hope you find something that works forever but i doubt it seriously.

Good day, have fun!! :D