can thirdhand smoke effect my cat?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by saina, Jan 21, 2021.

1. #1 saina, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    so i’m a very very very anxious person. i’m getting a new bong and want to start smoking in my room ( haven’t smoked in a while due to surgery prep) i’ve never smoked in my house because i’m not sure if third hand smoke will effect my cat.

if i smoke on my bed and he lays down on it later then begins to lick himself will that negativity effect him in any way? i’ve been trying to search up more about this but it’s more about secondhand or nicotine . please help?

i know it sounds stupid but i’m just a concerned pet parent

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. not at all ..I'm sure your cat will let you know either way

but then I have a whole Zoo and prefer to toke outside at ....MINUS -23C right now !!!! lol

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

3. What do you mean third hand smoke???? It's 2nd hand smoke after you exhale lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. the cat tokes a J the exhale is consumed by the owner then exhales over the cat to breathe in again ....lololol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. i mean thirdhand, i would never allow my cat in my room while i’m smoking but i’m concerned if it will leave a residue around my room the way nicotine does

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Its a cat, good luck when you have kids.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. so? my cat is my kid and fuck kids. never having those

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. i care about my cat. what’s wrong with that

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Why don't you be a responsible adult & smoke outside then??? & If ur still concerned about residue wear an old hoodie/coat ect & take it off before u come back inside :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  10. jeez, i already do this but i would like to stay home for a while after surgery. also live in an apartment complex

11. Idk if there's anyway round smoking inside without leaving 3rd hand smoke... The only other thing u could do is make edibles instead of smoking :confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. My cat joins me in my weed room frequently. Way too cold to smoke outside haha

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Too cold where do u live man?? I smoke outside even when it's in the -s lmaooo

14. I’m not sure but you could always get a personal filter like a smoke buddy. I make my own. Smoke buddies won’t even have smoke when you breathe thru them, so I assume it would be better for the cat? Otherwise maybe just kick the cat out for a few hrs and then let it in when the smoke has dissipated a bit.

15. you do what any good art teacher does and get a vape then load and temp up but not above 320f that way you don't cook the terps above 350f the vape is noticable

get a vape with an adjustable temp gauge

good luck

16. Your cat like
    20181229_231001.jpg

I wouldn't worry about your kitty, I'm apparently a terrible cat mother and always smoke around my baby, she's fine? Good luck with finding a compromise and with your surgery.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Oh my god I'm fucking dead
    I fucking love this pic

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. It warms my heart to see that GC is still such an excellent platform for the amateur stoner.

Back when we had a cat, that motherfucker loved getting high. Maybe you're the bad cat parent for not sharing the good-good. Have you considered that, OP?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. vaporizer is your best best for minimal residue, however I honestly wouldn't worry about residue affecting your cat. it's a noble concern as a pet owner, however i bet kitty picks up way worse things in her own litter box, and simply 'being' in this world, just like us! I wouldn't let it cause me too much anxiety!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. I've got 2 little pots of cat nip I'm trying to grow out, on the dining table,

I said to a friend I'll have to put them back in the grow room as they ain't growing

ding dong : was the reply....the cats been nipping them when you ain't looking

I set up my camera ...and yeah 2am she sneaks in and has a munch ...lol

• Like Like x 1