Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I use roaches for edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by GreenieGirl, Jan 8, 2019.

1. I’ve seen people talk about already been vaped weed being used in edibles. But can’t I use my roaches like that too??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. They are a bit less then tasty with a mild burned flavor but yes you can.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I could always put them In a capsule no?

4. Yuck. Yeah, capsules maybe.
    IDK, I just find the idea incredibly nasty.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Gag! I’m sure you can! I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t! Perfectly fine thc in those roaches

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yes. Mix with a bit of Coconut oil and a dash of Lecithin and heat 220 F for 20 minutes to infuse and cap.

My usual ratio is

5 grams of decarbed , powdered weed, Hash, Kief, wax, shatter
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil ( any cooking oil works )
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin (any kind)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 22 For 20 minutes.
    Done

Working with roaches will be a bit harder as they won't powder very well so it'll be messy loading the caps but it can be done.
    [​IMG]
    I make mine from 160 micron Kief but the steps and amounts are the same.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I would make QWISO first then use that...

8. Isn’t it already decarbed since I smoked it once already though like how many times does it have to be done lol

9. Only what is actually burning has been decarbed. For best results rip open the roaches and roast the weed in the oven at 240 F for 40 minutes first.
    Now make your oil.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ok thank you

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi interested and only at c
    First paragraph. I think this is what I been looking for. I have over an ounce of roaches just roaches paperless plus I have over 2 oz of weed that I want to make a edible as well as some trim with some roach but good stuff. I think this is a good method

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Re can u msg me. Some finer details or I reread and ask few ?I have. But your explanation seems as good as a scientist

13. #13 Tokintb12, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Edit

14. Why would you want to use roach weed for edibles?? Surely they'd taste like burnt weed lol, just use fresh next time... Seems kinda desperate using roaches.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 Tokintb12, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Edit

• Like Like x 1
  16. IMG_3998.JPG
    Bought a bong!

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. How the fuck did this get in here? Lol. I thought this was in pyt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. did you ever try this??? lol ik this is from over a year ago i’m just looking to try so I was wondering how it’s turned out.?

• Like Like x 1
  19. #19 Joker1121, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    I don't know about OP, but I know someone- perhaps they'll be along to comment- who said the roach cannabis has an "ashy taste". I would think the capsule method may be the best.
    Edit: The roaches were water cured, but the ashy taste persisted.

• Like Like x 3
  20. I have a friend in the cannabis delivery business and he smokes a lot of joints and saves the roaches. He gifted me about 3 pounds of them although most of the weight was the filters. Still, so far I've harvested over a quarter pound of ~20% cannabis just slightly the worse for wear. I water washed the material for several days before using it for RSO. I filtered it several times to try to remove the ash smell and aftertaste but to no avail. Removes some but not all. It's just as good as any other pot except for terpenes and that ash thing. Works well in caps. :)

• Like Like x 1