Can I use miracle grow for an outdoor grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Krismarsden, Apr 10, 2021.

1. So I just visited a grow shop here in BC and they only had coco choir, the owner of the shop said I should use miracle grow if I'm planting outside? I thought miracle grow was a big no no? Looking for some advice please fellow growers, im using 5galon pots and planting auto flowers, any advice appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  2. You're right, never use mg.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I thought so, this guy should not have his own shop any advice on soil choice for outdoor grow?

4. If it’s the black and yellow performance organics bag, ur fine, you just have to supplement p and k for flower, aswell as veg longer to get the N out of the dirt that u have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. My favorite store bought brand is fox farms.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. If it’s feed for six months stuff, than yeah you probably would want t steer clear as it will have a lot more slow release n granules in it that will have the potential to leading to smaller nugs from to much nitrogen during late flower, fucks up he swell

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. he’ll yeah I just got some ocean forest

• Like Like x 3
  9. I mix 40% happy frog 40% ocean forest and 20% perlite.

Btw, OP, miracle grow perlite also has that time release crap in it so stay away from it :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I actually used ocean forest last year but I don't get the big nugs (no doubt my newbie fault) but I thought o would try somthing different, I heard the happy frog was good so I think il give that a try. Thanks guys really appreciate it.

11. I have auto flower seeds so I can't keep them in veg unfortunately.

12. There are tons better release nutes. Like nectar for the gods one shot. Ur problem with mg is it gives u stuff u don't want in flower and will mess u up

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thank you man appreciate the advice. I think im gonna hold out and pick up some happy frog, would I also want nutes with that do you know? I used flora nova bloom all in 1 and ocean forest soil last year and they didn't turn out great, so this year im gonna try the 2 apart nova nutes.

14. In 5galon pots

15. You can buy masterblend 3 parts for cheap and have enough for years, instead of buying the fancy named stuff. And will work just as good, but growing shops won't want to hear that because they can't sell there expensive stuff that you don't need.

16. Peat moss from a bale, old cow manure or bagged cow manure compost,
    Bigger pots or big holes in the ground. Peat moss, cow manure compost, dolomite lime, balanced organic dry fert, malted barley powder, rock dust, lava rock aeration. All very cheap. All available. Just my 2cents.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cow manure that's broke down to look like black soil is some good stuff mixed with some promix or other pete with lime will grow Giants.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thank you ready appreciate that, could I use peat moss from a bag? Like the stuff you would find at home depotm

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yes, but they also sell promix with good things in it, this is what I use to mix 50 percent with say 50 percent cow manure

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1