Can I pollenate one female with 3 different males ?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by subrisumix, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Can I pollenate one female with 3 different males in sequence.
    For example, introduce one male, let him pollenate and then wait for seeds, and then hand-pick harvest, and then introduce different male. Would that female live that long for 3 seed harvest?

Sent from my A37f using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. no once seeds are ready to be picked the plants life is done it take about the same amount of time for a plant to produce seed as it does to produce just flower. if u wanna pollinate same plant with 3 diff males take the pollen from each male and pollinate select branches im sure someone will chime in on the exact technique as im getting ready for work

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Separate the males and collect pollen
    Clean a lower branch of fans and sugar leafs leaving the half formed buds.
    Tie string or colored ribbon on buds or branch so you can find it at harvest.
    With a tiny art brush "paint" a bud with pollen.
    Each painted bud will give you 20-50 seeds.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I agree with bnw, pollinate each branch with different pollen and record which is which.

5. Can I wrap a plastic bag around a bud?
    Or that will make it rot?

6. No need to and yes it would likely cause issues.

BNW

7. Cut the top off the males and stick them in glasses of water just as they open. Place them in a separate space and bag each one in something like a clear dry cleaning bag. A paper plate under them and tapped once a day will drop pollen over a few days.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. good information

• Like Like x 1
  9. Use a brown lunch sack for 4-6 days to keep any pollen from blowing off if you wanna.

10. By the way, whose the lucky lady getting it three ways to sunday.

11. 3 random females. One is small and frosty, one with big buds, and one looks like an alien to me.