Can I dab this reclaim straight from the rig?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Deleted member 751438, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, so, here's a picture of my rig, it's got a lot of reclaim, and I'm looking to clean it soon, which I'll be able to do later today when I get the alcohol. In the meantime, I'm running low on everything, in an effort to put some checks away, ie I'm waiting till thursday to buy. In this regard, I want to smoke as much res/reclaim/other free/leftover-recycling alternatives as I can. 

Taking the picture into account, why could I not just take the dabber, scrape a dab right off of the tube, and hit it? I've done it once on a whim and it seemed to work fine, but I didnt try again since I figured I'd ask at some point. Well, this is that point.
    also, my apologies if the picture ends up sideways, I flipped it before I emailed it to my computer but these iphone pics like to keep their original orientation or whatever and yeah/

Attached Files:

• photo.JPG
      photo.JPG
      File size:
      811.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    Savage in the sense that....?

Like, savage solely on the basis that it seems dirty to you? Because it's bad for me, and if so why? Or because its bad for me without extracting it using alcohol and waiting, and if so why? Also, fuck the last one cause patience.

3. I mean it saves the step of using a solvent. Also bro just download the grasscity app for your iPhone. Can directly upload pictures saves you from emailing them. Cheers

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Yea you can definitely do that.  If you want to dab it straight from the rig go for it.  

5. You can get the tar out and wipe it on rolling papers then leave it to dry then roll a nice joint with oil/tar enthused papers.

But I have to agree that smoking the oils is a bit savage.

6. I used to save reclaim to season nails with or hand out as dabs to scavengers.

OP you can dab it right out the rig. It will still have water in it and will sizzle, be a little harsh, and taste nasty but it will give you a very sleepy high,

• Like Like x 3
  7. After having experimented with this method, this post is pretty accurate. I think for anyone reading this possibly in the future off of google or something, you probably want to take an above posters advice and use wax paper to dry reclaim, its not as lengthy as curing it with iso but makes it less 'singe-y' when you hit it. 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Parchment paper*

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #10 DabsOnTheMountain, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
    Absolutely nothing wrong with reclaim.

It's activated, condensed oil. It's great stuff. I think a lot of you guys get resin confused with reclaim? Resin is condensed tar from combusting the bud. Reclaim is oil condensed on the glass. It's like free oil for cooking with. And if you can do it right, you can dab it too. It will always taste like sneakers and carpet mixed with rubber and gasoline, but if done right it still tastes better than smoking a bowl.

And you can dab it straight out of your rig like that, but getting it into some solvent like everclear means you can filter it, and even winterize it too. You can really clean it up before trying to dab it again. And theres a lot of dust and shit in there you don't even know about. After water sits for awhile it can grow some nasty stuff, even just after a couple days. I wouldn't dab anything that isn't either known to be clean, or made with alcohol. 

• Like Like x 3
  10. I'm a total savage, pullin claim dabs off of rigs since I started dabbing.

• Like Like x 3
    that's so funny. I have a buddy who will smoke reclaim no problem and when he has no herb he's always trying to see if he can scrape my claim to get a hit.

it's fiendish if you ask me, but w/e.

12. Haha I was in the same situation not to long ago. The taste won't be as nice but a couple two three derbs and you're groovy

13. there is so much hydrocarbons n shit is claim, its not worth it healthwise to dab or eat it

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Lol. How the hell would hydrocarbons get back into the oil once it had already been purged? Makes no sense. It's fine to dab, season, or cook with.

As mentioned above, I put it on parchment, and I'll poke any spots of water that are visible with the corner of a paper towel - sucks the water right out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. you sound absurd. first of all, there is next to no cannabinoids in claim.
    second of all, the water you are putting in your rig is from the sink correct? which has numerous salts in it, which find their way into claim, obviously.
    third of all, you need to research what hydrocarbons are..cause they dont only exist in solvents.
    fourth, you need to start doing some actual research instead of just repeating shit you hear on idiot clubs like this forum.
    http://mcrlabs.com/blog/we-tested-reclaim-and-this-is-what-we-found/

they are only one of four labs that recently tested reclaim for its viability as a medicinal product.
    ITS FUCKING POISON.

16. Where does it say anything like that in the article you just posted?

17. You just said there was hardly any cannabinoids left in claim then you post a article that is the complete opposite of what you are claiming as fact

18. The conclusion of the article you posted "These tests show that there are significant amounts of cannabinoids remaining in reclaim, in particular delta-9 THC. The question that remains is what is reclaims most effective use? Many, including myself not too long ago, would smoke it or use it to season their new titanium nails. Others have said they save it to cook into edibles. Some have said they simply throw it out, regarding it similarly to cigarette ashes. We cannot give any suggestions as to how to use your reclaim, but hopefully this data will help you make an informed decision."

The words Clown shoe comes to mind.

19. #20 YoShytsWeak, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015

Not tryna be mean but you're coming off as stupid. Did you read this article you linked? It says nothing of hydrocarbons or poison. Just thc percentages in reclaim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.