Can and how to lubricate inline fan?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by black2grey, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Yes you can. Just use some silicone lubricant. Only challenge might be to unscrew parts and open the fan up. It might void warranty however if you are out of it, nothing to worry about

• Like Like x 2
  2. IF you have the correct tools to disassemble the motor, just clean/lube all bushing areas, and buff the brushes contact surfaces. Google the elec motor model number and try to find a parts breakdown picture.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Buy a vortex vtx with a 10 year warranty.

• Like Like x 3
  4. All great options thank you all!!! I think I'm going to run it loud for now. It's not super bad but for just getting it 2 months ago it's just sad. Such a pain installing this crap with the straps they come with. I'll just run my house fan to cover the noise. It sounds like a large oscillating fan. I might go for a replacement.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. The fan in question wouldn’t happen to be a green variable speed 6” Vivosun is it? I had one and it smoked the bearings in almost 2 months as well. Not worth repairing IMO. Go for the vtx

6. The fan in question wouldn’t happen to be a green variable speed 6” Vivosun is it? I had one and it smoked the bearings in almost 2 months as well. Not worth repairing IMO. Go for the vtx