Camp Fire Acoustic (Post Your Stuff)

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by AR Toasty, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Absolutely love this and guess we stopping here cause he had to go get his boots on to bang bang around lol

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. Thank you so much. :) I've been playing since I was 8 years old. Piano is the first instrument I really learned to play. I appreciate your kind words bc like I said before, it had been some time for me, and that includes actually playing the piano at all lol. I just was musically blocked. But more and more it's getting better. Anyway thanks, and I really enjoyed that song you wrote for Heavn's son. Very cool!!! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Here's a little something I wrote in 2015. Enjoy!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you so much!!! :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. :thankyou: :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Well, regardless of any hiatus, you're no slouch! I can play a little bit but I've never been very competent, at least when it comes to singing and playing simultaneously. There's like this barrier in my brain that just stops it from happening.

That said, there's an upright at the sailing club and I think it's calling out for me to have a go.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Whoops, I drowned a cat there at the end. Ah well, that's what campfires are for.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. #108 HazelMoon, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Well done. Nice notes at the end there!!! I didn't hear any cats drowning lol. ;) Sounded great!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. I thought I'd replied to this but apparently not. Well I have an upright myself, they're amazing. I say Go for it!!!
    It's not easy to sing and play at the same time but I guess I did it so often coming up that it became a habit with me. You do very well with the voice and guitar simultaneously!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I never gave props for this one. Major Broadway vibes here - like, phantom of the opera type, proper storytelling stuff. Onya :love-m3j:

Thanks for the good vibes on my Katy Perry cover.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Still havent Forgot about this Thread Even tho My Brother @AR Toasty an My Sister @HazelMoon Keeping It Alive! I Love Coming In Here an Listening to You 2 Killin it. You Guys So Much Talent!!!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Awww️ back to try and get through the whole thread with him thus morning lol!

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. I feel it

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. I caught up! Woooooot

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Thank you. :love-m3j: I do love Phantom of the Opera lol. All that broadway stuff goes deep with me.
    I did enjoy your take on Katy Perry. The simple acoustic guitar and voice interpretation makes me appreciate the song even more. I can tell it really means a lot to you too. So yeah, total props! :weed:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. #116 AR Toasty, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    disclaimer: cheese factor coming in hot!

Another sleepless night, finding myself playing those forlorn love songs. It's not lost on me how unfair that is to my Missus. It's ten years together this year, and yeah, we've gone through some shit recently. But I am still so head over bloody heels for that woman. I came across an old journal recently, from 2011. And I'm vibing right now on this shameless little excerpt I wrote in July of that year, before we'd even hooked up:

I think about her and I smile and I swoon and all the world’s alright. When we dance and she puts her hand on the back of my neck, it’s electric. And when she laughs and gives me that cheeky little wink, I struggle to not grin like an idiot. She’s pretty in a league that I know is way out of mine, but we get along so well. It’s the accent. Those gorgeous eyes. That energy. And I’m diggin’ this girl.

God, how cheesy. But I still feel the same way. So, here's a smitten song I wrote a long time ago for that blonde bombshell. I think I wrote it the same night I'd dropped her off at the airport, on her way home for Christmas.

I accidentally cut off the "Anyway, back to sad broken hearted songs next time, I promise" from the end.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. #117 AR Toasty, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    I'm quite self-aware of just how weird of a headspace I'm in tonight. Few things make that more clear to me than just how nostalgic I am at any given time. Like, the more wistful and pensive, the closer I'm getting to the edge. I s'pose it's a win to know oneself in that way.

Anyway, as a product of that, here's an oldie, recorded anew. It was part of this extremely lo-fi, solo endeavour I took on about 7 years ago. I guess we could call it an EP, though I feel that title should be reserved for content actually worth releasing.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. #118 AR Toasty, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Here's the original, in case anyone wants to know why the rendition above sounds the way it does.

And, oh dear, here's the caption I gave it at the time :laughing:

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 10.21.55 AM.png

edit: on actual listen, that solo at 3:05 was pretty groovy. toot toot, well played Young Toasty.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Good Work Again Andy! @AR Toasty Your Very Talented. Do You Ever Show Your Wife Your Music? I Bet She Would Love it.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  20. It's not so much "showing" her my music, but force feeding it directly into her eardrums. The tunes can strike any minute of any hour of any day. There is no escape. Especially when it's the middle of the night and I can't sleep.

She's a good wife. Reckon I'll keep her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1