C99 Strain Review - W/Pics

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by mjmama25, Jul 16, 2011.

1. I don't know if it was due to the training which I did on all 20 C99 seeds from FemaleSeeds but 13 exploded in bananas at 7 weeks, four more at 10 weeks, 2 more at 11 weeks. I ended up with one without bananas or amber trichs at 11 1/2 weeks. Decent smoke.

2. OMG that's more than unlucky man.. what kind of training did you do? How long you been vegging those seeds? cause they fully finish flowering in 6-8 weeks. Depends how long you've been vegging them.

I was planing to supercrop the plant, but because I was growing with too little of cfl light(43W) it was growing slowly and with very short nodes, therefore I was unable to reach internodes with my fingers, so I LST her. After I increased total watts to 140W somewhere in veg, it started growing like it should, in total after 2 months in veg state I switched to flower and it finished in 6-6.5 weeks, I kept her for another week, but that was not needed.. It went out really good, I am still waiting for the weight scale to be delivered, but my guess I harvested around 40g..(This is my first grow and I was lacking of knowledge and light, so I think it is quite an achievement for me) The smoke as you said is really decent, I was afraid I screwed it, but that was because I was smoking after a week of drying. when I cured the plant for another week, taste became amazing. The effect can be described in 5 words.. euphoric, uplifting, energetic, trippy, fruity

However after I harvested the plant, I germinated another C'99 seed. This time it went different. Firstly after chute leaves two one blade leaves appeared(as it should) however after that plant "topped" it self and there came only one leave in a center. Sort of mutation. Luckily side branches appeared and plant went further two ways. Anyway, I am happy with that cause now it will be easier for me to handle LSTing. A plant is 19days old. Two days ago I started LSTing her. Here are a pic of mutated girl at day 10 and a pic after LSTing her at day 19.
    lst2.png

Attached Files:

3. I LST'D the hell out of them and that may have stressed them into the mass banana explosion. I LST most of my plants without issue so it seems the the C99 is prone to hermi issues. I did get one pheno to do what I wanted growth tech wise but it's a 10 week flower period.

I have adopted a SOG tech on the pheno I chose and the clones now get no veg time at all. They are taken at 6" and when rooted moved immediately to flower. They finish 10 weeks later at 2 1/2 feet tall. I've been able to achieve 1 gram per watt this way.:hello:

Peace and Good Health.

4. #124 dirrtyg, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
    image-729465277.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Why are you posting a review of cheese in someone else's C99 review? Please delete and and start your own thread.

6. You can get them through the Attitude. :)

Y'all check my signature, I'm doing a 100% organic, 100% LED grow of FemaleSeeds C'99. :)

7. I'd love to hear how you would go about getting seed from her. Would you feminize her? If so which method would you use? Or would you cross her on the most similar strain and then back cross or line breed to the mother C99?

8. There are several pure landrace strains of Sativa in regular seed available. There is Mama Thai, Wild Thailand, Eldorado, Mulanji Gold. And there are several stable Sativa crosses like Satori with 28% THC. All available from Attitude.

9. Sweet thread mate. I currently am growing a cross of c99 and pre-'99 bubba Kush. It's called Cynex. Such a beautiful plant and the smoke is amazing.
    I really enjoyed reading up on one of the base strains of my girls. :)

10. #130 Allan421, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013

11. There must have been stress or light leaks, you are the only person I've ever seen say they've had crazy hermie problems with Francine's gear...