Buying Fake Samsung Grow lights from Alibaba

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Headhunterpipes, Oct 1, 2019.

1. because he was a fucking Mong

2. I've never considered talking about people behind their back as something superior, neither in intelligence, nor in character. Nobody is perfect man.
    As far as HH, he's said what he needed to, and that was IF you want authentic chips, purchase from authentic sources. There is nothing Mong about this; in fact, it is a logical statement.
    cheers @Headhunterpipes ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Because its fruitless to argue with people online ..
    I have also been ill going through three major operations and taking 6 months for my wounds to heal .
    I get tired of over and over arguments that there is no reasoning and making a enemy with someone i don't know and in a different time and place we might become friends and get stoned together .

• Like Like x 2
  4. “Behind he’s back”? I’ve said it to his “face” many a time. But saying it on HES thread I wouldn’t say is “behind he’s back”... :/

What he says is ridiculous, especially in this thread. He called Samsung and China and can confirm there are no real diodes coming out of China I believe was the jist! LOL!!!

but I stick to what I say, he was a fucking tool that spreads misinformation!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I have posted the phone numbers to Samsung and Horticulture lighting group , i posted links about Fake products coming out china .
    How can i confirm anything when you refuse to call these companies yourself and look these things up .

• Like Like x 2
  6. Meh... in the end I rather take my chances with hlg :) . I orderd the hlg 320 xl v2 R kit today to light part of my room. It will be here tomorrow at noon Lol. $412 shipped with discount code . I have a total area of 9x5 but the flowering area was 5x5 . With one way in and one way out , it made it tough to get to my plantS to prune and care for in general So I’m redesigning my room making the flowering area 2x8 , giving me plenty of room to work . Ill just get a small tent to veg in to keep things perpetual . I Would have went with the grow craft x3 but there is a 45 day turn around . ~ vape

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. hey speaking of diodes and healing, take some time to look up biomodulation. There is a growing body of evidence indicating that 660nm + ~820nm decrease healing times. This technology is being used atm for post heart surgery to increase healing. You can get a 660/820 light from amazon, I think its like 50W or so, and its probably from China (lol) but we aren't talking about PPDF here. I hope you have a faster and good recovery HH.

you know, bro, you can disagree with someone without requiring ad hominem and denigration tactics. Its ok to buy China lights, I like a lot of them, but I will never know what's really 'in the pudding' when it comes to China.
    peace man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. More times than not it’s not even the components that make a difference but the people assembling the product. Photontek uses Philips lumlux and Osram diodes and the light kills it. Probably would’ve went with them if they had a 2 x 4 model. Just my 2 cents being a union man lol ~ vape

• Like Like x 2

9. I had three phem phem bypasses back to back the first two failed .
    I had six aneurysm right below my belt line and above my groin area .
    Last surgery was last ditch efforts to save my right leg .
    When they were done with the surgery because i got infection from the second surgery they left my wounds open .
    You could actual stick both hands into my groin area at the same time ..
    It was as about as bad as bad gets .
    I am healed up now , had a wound vac on both sides of my groin for 5 months .

I have heard about the lighting that heals wounds but never tried it .
    I had a wound vac dressing on 24/7 , no way for the light to reach the wound because the wound is packed with black foam .
    Thank you for the lighting links .
    FYI I drank a special wound healing drink call Juven .
    Juven® Orange | Therapeutic Nutrition Powder.

Peace brother

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. To be honest Headhunterpipes I don't think companies like Kingbrite are using fake Samsung LEDs. However there are many companies on Alibaba that aren't trustworthy and would pull you off but especially KingBrite has a pretty good reputation and I read about a few people who had problems with their quantum boards and KingBrite was very helpful about that.
    Eventhough Samsung told you that they weren't shipping their LEDs to any companies you named them in China doesn't mean they aren't selling their LEDs... for example it would also be possible that they buy it from an intermediate seller.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Samsung is just not selling their diodes directly to Chinese led manufacturers . They are buying from a third party . Thats the reason Samsung says they don’t sell their diodes to Chinese manufacturers. Kinda like when we buy seeds from banks. Some breeders only indorse certain company’s to carry there genetics like fast buds. They will tell you where you can legitimately get their genetics. Doesn’t mean that other company’s can’t buy their gear and resell it ...
    Just means they are not endorsed by the breeder which should through up a red flag in my book. . Greybeard seeds was passing off other seeds as fast buds seeds and also Mephisto genetics . Both companies are now or already have replaced those bean to costumers that purchased Greybeards knock offs.
    Being able to get seeds from reputable US based company like North Atlantic seed company or jbcseeds is awesome . I use to deal with attitude and even though I really didn’t have any issue, I was always wondering if I was really getting what I paid for as they wouldn’t ship to the US in their breeder packs Just food for though.
    Wide awake at 2:45 am and my rant has given me something to do lol ~ vape

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sw
    sweet bro, looks awesome! I’m not bad mouthing them at all . They absolutely have a place in growing . Tell ya the truth I really could careless what diodes are in what. I just wanna grow good bud :) But I absolutely question the quality control. Glade ya got a good one ! ~ vape

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I have only purchased through Shenzhen Meiju lighting company. I have a contact there and they have always done right by me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  14. I agree with part of what your saying .
    And thank you for the friendly responce .

When The Samsung LEDS was first introduced and hit the market none of the LED light companies on Alibaba
    were selling QB's ?
    In fact It it took about 6 to 12 months or more for the Chinese LED manufactures on Alibaba to start selling LED grow lights that claimed they were/are selling Samsung QB's.
    If these LED light manufactures in china can buy Samsung Diodes why did the rest of the world get the Samsung diodes 6 months to a year earlier then the Chinese manufactures ?
    Personally i think it took 6 months to a years to copy the samsung diodes
    Why would Samsung sale anything to china after the Chinese manufactures have made copies/knock off other Samsung products and sold them by the thousands ?
    If anyone copied one my products i wouldnt sale them shit .
    And that really seemed the attitude that i got from the person i talked to at samsung USA head office in NYC
    Why would Samsung say that none of the lights coming out china use genuine Samsung LED diodes if it wasnt true ?
    If that wasn't the truth Kingbrite and any other LED grow Light manufacture in China could bring a law suit against Samsung if they actually were using Samsung genuime products .
    If i was making genuine LED boards using Samsung Diodes and Samsung said that about the lights i was making I would be pissed and looking for a lawyer .

It seems that China's government refuses to up hold patent and copy right laws .
    Gucci went through hell to stop china from copying there products .

There is a allot of evidence that China copies almost every out of country companies brand name products .
    One more thought is if these lights are the real deal how come someone in the states are not selling them ?
    The the USA has strict counterfit laws and anyone selling a fake named brand product can be prosecuted in the USA .

The other side of this most everyone that buys what ( I ) consider a Samsung Knock off QB like Kingbrite likes them ..
    And they seeem to be lasting .

• Like Like x 3
  15. Alibaba is the Chinese equivalent of Amazon. I would steer clear from buying anything from Alibaba. It is chock full of counterfeit products.
    I think your making a great decision by buying any grow equipment here in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I would compare Aliexpress to Amazon. AliB is normally interested in larger commercial sales.
    There are still many original products on Alibaba as well. Also, some products that are common place items but are being sold for exuberant prices, sure why not? The electronic buck boosters I use can only be found on that site; there is no other such thing, and at $5 a pop, and a better range, it outperforms the Meanwell version.
    I would not expect any of their warranties to be good, but some things are still better to buy oversees.
    I have some China lights that work great and I have some HLG lights that work great.
    Also, some items, like water filter frames, that are being sold for ~400+ ? what for a piece of plastic? I will purchase that kind of stuff for $30 on AliB, nothing to do with knockoffs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. To be honest now it sounds like you're building wild theories and in my eyes you never delivered trustworthy evidence

18. I have 4 kingbright led lights from alibaba for over a year now and love them. I have awesome yields and great light penetration. I give them 2 thumbs up. This is my opinion from a kingbright user....

• Like Like x 2
  19. #160 Headhunterpipes, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Its not very hard to call Horticulture lighting group or Samsungs head USA office in NYC and ask yourself .
    I have posted both numbers .
    Not very hard for you to do your own online search of Alibaba selling fake brand products..

Amazon, eBay and Alibaba are called out by Trump for selling counterfeits
    $1.7 trillion in fake goods: That's Alibaba's uphill battle
    https://consumerist.com/2016/06/14/...-now-better-than-the-brands-they-impersonate/
    https://andrewminalto.com/top-10-alibaba-scams/

• Agree Agree x 1