Bubble bucket hydro method 101

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Big Poppa Puff, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Im using a bin with 2 plants but same set up. I have a air pump and water pump which is pumping water thru tubes an onto the clay pebbles, do i still need to fill the water to the bottom of the net pot? Also should i run water pump 24/7

2. Anybody have any idea what's going on here? Should I just get it into my bubbler and proceed as normal?

Attached Files:

3. Can someone help me. I just started growing and I'm using the DWC bucket. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've done my research. My room temperature is good, my water is staying around 68-75 deg, yet my plant looks droopy and I transplanted in the bucket a day in a half ago and it hasn't grown any. I've been top watering as well. Here's a pic.

Attached Files:

4. Is there any interest out there on how to grow hydro by the bubble bucket method?
    Yeah man I'm starting my first grow in Oct. Trying to read up as much as I can.

5. I'm 4 weeks into flowering using my first dwc.

IMG_0265.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Did you rinse the hydroton before you transferred? It looks like brown spots on the top of your bucket, which looks like splashing from the hydroton to me. I may be wrong.
    Have you checked the pH/ec of your water? Are you using tap water/filtered/distilled/ro? Not a lot to go on with what you have there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 3 to 5 footers in 5 gallon Dwc buckets under 1000 watts. White widow was the tall one and grape ape was the short one.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  8. What's going on everyone. Thank you to all for the input in this thread. So I just started bubble buckets a couple months ago. Started with an auto blue cheese and and auto sir jack.

The blue cheese was going great but then it got hit with root rot. I got some hyrdoguard to protect the other and for future use.

Well the sir jack was just killed do to white mold of roots. I do believe this if from me getting 8" nets instead if the 6" you recommended. I'm going switch out the nets for the next run.
    One question I do have is about the tap water sitting for a day or two. Does the water have to be covered? Should I put an air stone in it to keep the water moving ?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Now some sad pics of my root rotted.blue cheese

IMG_4084.JPG IMG_4090.JPG IMG_4089.JPG

FuZzY back in Garden. First hydro grow. Auto blue cheese - the vault freebie winner
    Auto blue cheese - the vault freebie winner

9. Hi guys, just wanted to post my DWC grow. Currently 5th week of veg. WhiteWidow fem from ilgm store

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Looks very nice Herb
    Did you run your irrigation 24/7?
    How far below the net pots were your nutrients?
    Thanks for the help
    CurtO

• Like Like x 2
  11. #676 chasmcall, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    BPP, My question is light distance. I've noticed that there seems to be a consensus here that the light should be as much as 30 in. away from the plant. I had my 300w LED much closer and began to see some drooping.
    What do you feel is the best distance?

12. LED's are higher concentrated at lower wattage's, but shorter distances coverage than most other lights. I would recommend around 16 - 24 inches for a 300w LED. I personally have a Viparspectra 1200, and the King plus 1200 LED, and the aglex 2000w COB/LED. Good rule of thumb. Place your hand under the light at the desired distance, if it burns, or makes you feel uncomfortable enough to move your hand, the plant will feel the same way. Cause remember, you can move, they can't.

• Like Like x 2
  13. is there a new thread for this method??? Link if so please. I couldn't find one

14. Wow

Sent from my LM-X120 using Grasscity Forum mobile app