Brodman's Organic Ganja Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by BrodMan Organics, May 14, 2017.

1. That's surprising it looks like you have a pretty good number of carrots/drippers for those beds. I can imagine that managing the moisture in those beds is challenging. I'm still trying to figure it out in just 20 gal of soil lol.

2. I have 4 carrots and 3 drippers on every carrot in each bed. I feel like 5 would make it much better. I feel like the edges of the beds dry out. I have to hand water those areas on occasion is the i only real downside!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey all, :wave:

Been a weird few days, had my first ever run in with BPPV (veritgo) and it’s pretty awful. Been doing as much as I can but it’s definitely not pleasant!

The blumats are being a little finicky, but I feel like they’re pretty dialed in. One bed is roughly 51, one is 64ish and one is 71ish.

Here’s things now...
    B52115A1-C4DE-488C-9591-44420C90CFF8.jpeg
    Really excited to see this round flower!
    C6A2461F-E9B6-4178-A829-08ABA721FD96.jpeg 22D2995B-125A-4D82-BAEB-601A98BA220A.jpeg 4FFB1845-E491-4649-9476-D7CC040122F5.jpeg
    I had 4 other clones pop roots and I transplanted them into 1 gallon pots. Going to get really cramped if they alll survive.

Had the wort mistake possible, somehow bumped my fan controller when I was vacuuming and it dipped down to 67 degrees with lights on. I noticed about 1 hours later. Hoping a few of the smaller ones pull through.

Here’s to the process!!

:weed::weed::weed:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hey man I hope you're recovering from the vertigo spell and feeling better! Gardening is good for healing.

Is that one finicky Blumat sensor working again?

How'd the plants handle the cold? Plants are pretty tough.

Man, a couple years ago I met a friend in my driveway and he gave me a clone of something, can't remember what it was, but it was freezing cold outside, like in the 20s or 30s. Just that 2 minutes of being out in the cold as we transferred the plant from his car to my house was enough to totally kill off most of the leaves. The poor plant just sorta fell apart over the next few days and never really recovered.

Garden is looking good, buddy. The leaves on some of those plants are so deep green.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey dng! The vertigo has calmed down a little. I’m at least able to do things around the garden and house! Lol, same thing with the sensor so far. It’s been measuring consistent the last few days so I’m going with it!

Things are looking ok, I think a few of them won’t survive, but there’s green coming back on a few so I”m hoping it’s fine!

I’ve been noticing about the deep green ladies! Truth be told I believe likely a nitrogen overdose. If you check out the soil test I put up a few months ago the nitrogen levels are pretty high. When I get my blumats below 60 since nitrogen is soluble the ladies have an excess and they get a dark...

that’s my theory at least! It’s measuring in the high 400’s now, and was as high as 700, so at least it’s coming down. I equate the high levels to the chicken manure I added to my mix.

Thank you for stopping by!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hey all, :wave:

Lol, it’s a two cup of coffee kind of morning! I started fasting daily and drinking coffee and I’ve really been getting things done. I definitely love unhealthy food too much :confused_2: Time to get that under wraps! Lol, hello middle age!

Veg room is back looking ok..
    A7A1E0E4-157E-40C8-9440-931372D18305.jpeg
    All of the Eros are looking fine and handled the transition, and luckily it looks like the majority of the afghani are making a comeback.

I definitely know where I made the mistake this time. The Eros was a much faster rooter than the afghani. The Eros had big beautiful white roots in 9 days. The Afghani had roots just starting to pop out of there oasis cubes on day 9.

I should have transplanted the Eros and given the afghani a few more days. The more established roots definitely gave the Eros a much better head start...

Threw one lady outside this year.
    C02DB97A-6D1E-4212-ACCA-EE2089E5F38E.jpeg It was a complete accident and the seed actually popped in the tray I put outside after giving up. I transplanted her as a baby. I don’t think she’ll finish, but it’s been really fun to watch a plant outside!

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. You have quite the gnarly setup, I'm going to read through and get a feel for things but I would like to make regular stops.

Your garden exudes health and vibrant energy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Thank you very much for stopping by! It’s been a long journey to get to this point for me!

A fellow Eros grower! :weed: Our ladies are sisters! :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey all, :wave:

This is the time of year where I realize I’ve been spending a ton of time in my outdoor garden and my indoor usually suffers a little. My nightly tasks (filling humidifier and blumat reservoirs, and checking on veg) takes about 15 minutes.

The most exciting part of all this is that this is the time of year when it’s perfect for me to pop a few seeds...have 4 packs I’m about to break into. I’m hoping to find a few winners when it’s time!

Got all the dead leaves pulled of veg, and things look ready to explode.
    864FF90D-D3D1-4401-8065-C28B87A501E5.jpeg
    It looks like all should survive, there’s 2 that are still suspect but they look like they should make it. Lol, going to have to give some of these away or next round is going to be a full one!

Flower is on day 26 of 12/12.
    38AAE95F-9DBA-426F-AE8A-C1F004E67212.jpeg 6C1C790A-266F-452C-A873-66E48FFFC84D.jpeg 806DBA9F-C54F-48B1-91C2-7A9210D06F0A.jpeg
    Still trying to figure if I’ll keep Eros around. The smoke is amazing but she stays pretty small so far. Hoping giving her more veg space (3 gallon rather than 1) and extra veg time gives her a little bigger result!
    EBD55C1E-1336-4B7E-AFE3-67AA4A2DF16D.jpeg
    Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hey all, :wave:

Took some pics last night, the ladies are in stack mode...
    83DC22FC-16B2-4B71-8124-FA1C760551E6.jpeg 5D49846D-D600-4EDB-8049-6EFE7D4F85AC.jpeg
    Veg has made the translation and started to blow up. I ended up culling the two that didn’t look that great, if done all I could do!
    8048BF8C-9F19-4FB9-891D-C870BF0D0BA1.jpeg
    Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey all, :wave:

:bang: Blumats :lmafoe:

I really do like them, but wow are they finicky. I’ve noticed some seriously green leaves this round leading to my nitrogen toxicity probability theory...especially with it being a little wetter than usual.

I dialed them down as I wanted to soil to dry out a little bit, to potentially let the nitrogen be less readily available. Two beds were sitting in the 50 mbar range and one was in the 90 mbar range, with the plant in the 90’s really looking the best so far. (A little skewed but results are results...)

Well now the bed that was sitting at 90 is 37, and the two beds that were in the 50’s are now in the 20’s...:confused_2:

I turned off all the carrots, and will truthfully probably just hand water the rest of this round. I have a little less than 6 weeks of flower left. Will see what the numbers are tonight when I go out...

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Heya BrodMan :wave:

So this might sound weird, but I think that feeding your soil with some unsulphered blackstrap molasses might help with your potential N toxicity problem. The carbohydrates in molasses are very easy for microbes to break down and in the process they will immobilize N from the soil solution. This is a way to tinker with the C:N ratios and rates of mineralization/immobilization in your soil.

Otherwise, irrigating a little extra till you get some runoff may also help leach some N.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Awesome dng, thank you!

It gets a little challenging because usually my turn around time is 36-48 hours, so there’s not a lot of time to soak them.

It’s a little weird though, this is the first round I’ve really noticed it and this is my fourth cycle in these bed with this soil.

Lol, all kinds of rabbit holes to go down!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey all, :wave:

Nothing too major, a little bummed about the blumats failing. Only thing I can come up with is maybe I’m bumping the sensors when I’m training...with the raised beds and trellis system, it really is all connected and stretched. Maybe that’s where they are getting bumped...:confused_2:

Planning on trying blusoak again next round. Still not sure if I’m going to try and reset these for the last 30+ days, I probably will just hand water.

Flower is looking good and really starting to get pretty!
    F206E380-298D-4BA1-A5B3-172269EF6F6E.jpeg 08B4353A-DF80-4FD1-A342-A6B4C6FE3B38.jpeg
    Veg has really started to blow up these last few days. Getting really excited for next rounds possibilities!!
    07192CDA-477E-4159-A114-4756464C0C5D.jpeg
    Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey all, :wave:

Just kind of in cruise control at the moment. Flower is on day 44 of 12/12.

Veg is starting to really blow up. The difference in 1 gallon pots to 3 gallon pots in veg is amazing! These ladies will be much bigger than the usual 12” ladies I usually transplant...It’s definitely going to be cramped!

I’ve been growing the same cultivar for 2+ years now. The main part of my ipm is I don’t take cuts form people. I’ve just heard too many horror stories.

Made a trade recently and acquired some seeds to add to my collection. I’ve popped The orange one, and prayer pupil so far. Planning on popping pop art, and the gold one next month for Decembers round. I’m needing new flavors!

Here’s to the Process!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey all, :wave:

Had an absolutely hilarious 10 days. The unemployment is about to run out in a month and it’s job hunting time! I’m really learning it can be challenging in i502 to find a good fit...

Found a company who’s product I believe to be good and clean. Here’s the timeline...

Turned the app in online and got called Monday, interview Wednesday, Started Friday, helped harvest and worked 8 hours. Had a weird weekend.

Worked for an hour and 45 minutes Monday morning...walked into the owners office and told him I didn’t think this was the job for me, thanked him for the opportunity and quit.

Didn’t even turn in my employee info or w2, didn’t get paid...:lmafoe: Needless to say, I’m not smoking that companies products anymore. Sad but the experience just reiterated my lack of believe of the i502 model to provide any type of clean meds to patients, or anyone for that matter.

Well that was an eventful week and I’m back now...

On day 53.
    9D1DCB64-B1AD-41E1-ABBE-025B221350F7.jpeg 46804330-2ABD-4F0C-AA3F-1CF50795B0AE.jpeg 39D727BF-82EB-43B2-AA2E-622073104F9D.jpeg E861A2AE-2731-4712-9AFA-0C73E810398A.jpeg
    My blumats failed on day 30ish and I just couldn’t get to them to reset them. So I’ve been hand watering for the last 3 weeks. I generally use 2 gallons every other day. The mbar has been ranging from 60-110 mbar, but staying consistently in that zone...

I honestly have a feeling I’m going to chop these early on days 57-60ish (usually take them to day 65ish) and get my next round in. I forgot a pic of veg, but it has just exploded and the plants are really much bigger with the 3 gallon pots in veg now.

Really excited for next round and the potential, considering I only had 4 plants this round and next I have 12 ladies that are all bigger than the ladies I put in here this round!! :jump:

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Hey all, :wave:

Finally got some veg pics!
    08A2DF66-F63E-4E30-99B8-CDAEA01DC5C1.jpeg 9880B6C0-1126-44A8-A5D2-A111B0AE5CD9.jpeg 54D4C6CC-A121-449E-8010-A6C8B43A26AE.jpeg
    It really is a lot fuller in here this round with using the 3 gallon pots. I really won’t need to veg for long next round. I usually veg for 14-21 days in the beds, but it will get overgrown quick if I do that!

Should be a really full/fun round to watch! I’ll finally have another cultivar. Will have 5 Eros in the 3’ x 4’, and 7 afghani in the 3’ x 6’, Will be my fullest round in a while!

Here’s to the process!!

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Oh man, it's going to be beastly for sure, more so than it already is! Ladies are looking great and doing their thing.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Bro, my 20 gallons are insane, I can literally water them both with 2 gallons and not get runoff...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Thank you! Hoping it’s a bumper crop!

Lol, Christmas presents in here for a few next round hopefully!!

• Like Like x 1