Breeding a lower branch?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by GrowingtheDream, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Can you pollinate a lower branch and still have a good harvest off the rest of the plant?

2. yes.. you can.. you need not pollinate but leave it to Rodalize

good luck

3. yeh you can. You just need to be careful that the pollen doesn't spread which is the hard part.

4. Can you explain?

• Like Like x 1
  5. the pollen will spread in the air on any air currents and stuff..think of it like smoke...just kinda goes where it wants to. You would need to separate the branch or very carefully apply the pollen with a q-tip or little brush..being careful not to overdo it so that pollen doesn't get in the air and pollinate the rest of the plant. After pollinating I would spray the whole plant down with water, this will 'deactivate' the pollen and you won't have to worry about excess pollen spreading to other buds later.

IME a plant won't shut down bud growth to focus on seed growth unless you pollinate the whole plant....if that's what yer asking.

6. its a survival thing as the plant ages it eventually makes just 1-2 male flowers so it will pollinate in time
    google for more

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is more of my question. Will pollinating a lower branch affect the rest of the plant bud production

• Like Like x 1
  8. no not in my experience. Bud production will shut down only in the area pollinated, and it will focus on seed production.