Boiling my pipe....

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by RodZ, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Oh man! I'm boiling my pipe, I looked it up first, people said it worked, 'n peeps said it didn't...but I'm boiling my glass bowl and my bong stem and the water is filled with resin...I'm so excited...lol. I didn't think i'd be smokin today...but dealer doesn't have any so I thought I was screwed. Anyone else have success with boiling shit to get the resin?:smoke:

2. Resin is not a good thing, my friend.

3. be careful pulling it out because I hear the extreme temperature differences can make it crack or shatter. just allow the water to cool before pulling it out. I've heard of boiling but never tried it because I didnt wanna risk it. You shouldnt smoke that nasty tar anyways. A better method to clean it is rubbing alcohol and salt if you didnt know that already.

4. Well since you left the periods, i'll finish the sentence.

Boiling my pipe is a bad idea.

No need to thank me, just pay it forward.

5. #6 RodZ, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
    I'm not used to getting replies this quickly...I've been a member of other messageboards, and never got replies this quick, and that's everytime I post here...It's crazy. lol.

Waiting till it cools is a good idea...I wasn't thinkin' 'bout that. It's already said and done...I'm blazed as fuck, and got a good hunk of resin outta that. I know that resin is really bad for you...but it ain't like I smoke it all the time anyway...and it gets me blazed, so I figure if i'm out, and can't get any for one reason or another, y not clean out my shit...not only do I get blazed, but my pipe and stem get cleaned lol.

6. Well if your already blazing weed all day everyday, then the resin is not going to help your lungs. But if you give your lungs enough time to heal, then its fine. But I doubt you do if your smoking resin...

7. hey man I tried boiling my pieces and then I tried to get the resin out but the problem I had was boiling all the water out of the pan without burning the resin or thc up. Once I was able to get the water out and scrape the pan it was just a fine powder like rust...so i threw that shit away....how the hell do u get a resin ball out of a pan of hot water?

8. Resin will lead to a headache, gross taste, and a massive crash.

Sounds fun right?

9. I've never experienced a headache or a "massive crash" from smoking resin. The only reasons I don't really like it are because the high isn't nearly as good as weed (obviously) and it only lasts for about an hour.

10. I'm pretty sure the headache would be from the butane since your holding a lighter on it for so long...

11. What is it with you anti-resin people? I mean, the OP is simply asking if anyone else has boiled their pipes and successfully got resin from the deal like he did and you gotta go bash his thread. Tell you what, if you hate resin so much, how's about you dont post in this thread since your bringing it off topic and have nothing to contribute to the thread other then, eww resin is so nasty....lol

Not everybody can afford to have the nice cali buds and not everybody can afford to have weed all the time...so fuck you if your too cool to smoke resin in a time of desperation, because I know there are a bunch of other people here such as myself that smoke resin for a quick high.

12. I dont think its necessarily bad, as long as you arent doing all the time. But it definately shows a dependency on weed. If you need to smoke resin then maybe you should re-evaluate your life.

13. This is really good advice right here. A friend of mine boiled the glass chamber on his hookah and then immediately cooled it off by putting it into cooler water. Obviously it broke. Don't make this same mistake.
    Also, don't overdo it. A lot of glass is fairly brittle and will break if it's heated too much.

14. When glass is heated then cooled it weakens it. So now your pipe is going to break easier. Good job.

15. You sir, have won the thread. Here is your crown.

[​IMG]

16. two words. thermal shock.
    let the water cool down gradually. and dont smoke resin man, shits nasty.
    gives me headaches...

EDIT: i just about pissed my pants when i read the above post. hahahahaha

17. #18 SovietRed, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
    Unless your glass is double blown and really, really thick i would not even consider boiling. ISO and salt soak does the exact same thing minus the resin harvesting which is just plain nasty and such an unpleasant high.

I can't afford Cali buds and i still don't smoke resin. When weed and the phrase "time of desperation" come together you have a problem. To each his or her own.

18. Yeah the problem is I am out of weed....lol...sometimes the town goes dry or you cant afford to get weed for a while....there are many reasons for people to smoke it. Im just saying that the people on this forum seem to be these prissy rich people like the people in the town I live in. Its like if you smoke resin, everyone on this forum feels the need to make the OP feel like he is at the bottom of the piss bucket. I smoke resin after a few weeks of being dry and having stress build up....it gives me enough of a high to enjoy myself for an hour or so. So dont say I have a problem like im a crack addict or something, because its not like that for most people.

19. [quote name='SovietRed']Unless your glass is double blown and really, really thick i would not even consider boiling. ISO and salt soak does the exact same thing minus the resin harvesting which is just plain nasty and such an unpleasant high.

You can still "resin harvest" with ISO, because it is a zero-residue solvent, it just takes much longer to let the alcohol evaporate.