Bigbuds99 Indoor 4x4 NoTill Bed

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Deleted member 574144, Nov 11, 2019.

1. #21 Deleted member 574144, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019
    "The One bx2" This plant was not topped at all, I think I'm going to like this plant. Amazing that the branches from the bottom made it all the way to the top and look as thick as a normal top! Very impressed with the vigor of this strain.

IMG_20191205_215925.jpg

2. #22 Deleted member 574144, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2019
    IPM Day today, looks like I picked up some aphids from the soil I had outside. Anyway, they are easy to eliminate from my past experience so I'm not too worried. Hit them with some Spinosad a few days ago and followed that up with some Neem/Karanja oil today.

The Lemongrass over on the left has easily doubled in size, possibly more.

There's 7 plants in there, it should have been 5. The poor Pineapple Upsidedown cake that is dead center has been swallowed up by everything surrounding it. Also "The One x Blues OG" in the corner of the bed hardly gets any light at all being that it's much smaller than the rest of the garden.

The Romulan would take over the whole bed if I let it, just a massive plant. I might be able to squeeze 4 of these in the 4x4 bed but it would be tight!

Purple punch fan leaves are curling up, probably too close to the light. That or it does not like the constant "wet feet" from the SWICK. I've read some strains just don't do as well as others in this setup. That said, this would be the first plant that I've run into that showed issues, it's probably the light if I had to guess.

IMG_20191206_190903.jpg

3. #23 Deleted member 574144, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2019
    I was trying to bend the tops on the Lemongrass and snapped two tops like twigs. Broke out the painters tape and tried to make my best splint. These are directly under the light so I hope they pull through......they were hanging by a thread.

These should have FAT tops "if" the stem repairs itself.

IMG_20191206_204828.jpg

4. #24 TL.OG34, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Is that a grassroots 4x4 bed in a 4x4 tent? Was wondering how tight a 4x4 bed would fit in a 4x4 tent.
    Edit:
    Nevermind just saw you have it posted 55”x55”

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #25 Deleted member 574144, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2019
    Just added about 12 tablespoons of Seabird Guano to the bed. I normally use Fish Bone Powder but I have this laying around and need to use it up. Watered that in with 6 gallons using sprayer.

Lave rocks are completely dry now. I'm going to water from the bottom tomorrow or the next day.

Had to use a few plant yo-yo's to stabilize the Romulan as it's starting to lean into center of the bed. So many branches on this plant, it would do MUCH better with some training, it's kinda all over the place now.

6. Not much to update other than I timer malfunction. Looks like the light has been on for the last 2-3 days with no dark period. I'm going to have to leave the lights off for for like 18 hours to get them back on track :(

Romulan is looking like it's almost finished, I did not support it well and it's falling all over the place......really could have used some netting to hold everything in place. The branches are numerous and very thin.....could have used some training for sure.

7. Yeeeeesh, what are you using for a timer? How many lights?
    I’ve had timer issues before and it’s no fun, luckily I was always able to catch it before it was an issue. This run around I decided to use the trigger chord feature on my power box and use an external timer for reliability and ease of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm running (2) 600 watt lights and using a cheap 15 AMP Home Depot timer. I need a proper line run and then I need to update my power control / timer to something much more reliable. Do you have some pics to share to give me some ideas?

9. This is what my 4K is running on, I can run 7500 watts off this on a 40 amp circuit, I would only run 6 k it has the option to have 6 being timed by the Honeywell or trigger cable to another timer or 4 times and 2 constant. It has a 14-30P male plug they also make one that can be wired straight to panel and 2 other plug options, they make one that’s strictly 240 but mine is the 120V adapted model [​IMG]

The Grow Show: No Till ROLS Stealth Spare Room part II: Return of the NuteLess

Sent from Uranus, with love

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Romulan Update:

She's about ready, super frosty and sticky but man is she a hot mess in the tent without proper support. I found buds on the ground today that were up near the light yesterday. These stems are just super thin and once the buds get close to finish it's just a joke to try and keep it upright.

I used about 6 plant yo yo's and a plastic pole to try and get her standing straight again but the secondary branching is so thin and flimsy. I should have spent some time training but I've been spoiled with the genetics I've been running, everything has always been pretty good at self support......not this one.....a trellis is going to be in my future since I KNOW I'm going to be keeping this one around for awhile!

I also filled the bottom tray with water, it's the first time in over a month that I've intentionally added water to the bottom as it was bone dry. I'll top water tomorrow to make sure everything is evenly moist, the top layer feels a little dry now but the plants look great.

I'll post some pics of the Romulan in a few days once I harvest it and get it trimmed. It's about 55 days in now, so not much longer to go. Dark Heart says 8-9 weeks to finish with 20-25+ THC reported. My arms are coated in resin after trying to get in there and support some of the branches.

11. That's a VERY nice setup. I'm embarrassed at my current setup that's pushing the limits of safety at 1200 watts. I'll need to do an upgrade very shortly, just for peace of mind.

12. All you need to run what I have is a dryer/ stove outlet connected to a 40 amp breaker. I had a 40 amp breaker but the receptacle was 10-50R so I needed an adapter from 14-30r to 10-50p which was $69.99 on Amazon. Then I wired an extension and put it under the floor and poof I was good to go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. This isn’t even that nice. I’ve seen some nice set ups and in the future I have some plans. But this was the cheapest and best plug and play unit I could find. I like powerbox products they have good customer support too. It’s always best to mount your ballasts up above the ground as well. The powerbox just makes it look profeshhh

• Like Like x 1
  14. No updates thia was mint