Bigbuds99 Indoor 4x4 NoTill Bed

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Deleted member 574144, Nov 11, 2019.

1. #1 Deleted member 574144, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2019
    A Journal for my Indoor NoTill Grow:
    55" x 55" Tent (Agromax from HTG)
    46" x 46" GrassRoots Living Soil Bed
    1200 watts HPS
    Soil is NoTill with all the amendments.

Setting up the new living soil no-till bed to self water SWICK style. I might try the Blumats if this does not work well, but it worked too good with my 15 gallon fabric pots that I had to try it again with the new bed.

7x10 Pond Liner from Home Depot - $34
    (2) 2x4 from Home Depot - $12
    Lava Rock - had laying around from my old SWICK setup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Strawberry Cheesecake exploding in the new bed.
    [​IMG]

The new Romulan Clone is nothing short of amazing so far, it's exploding right next to the Cheesecake. I Topped the Romulan once and the amount of branching is pretty impressive. Vegged for about 1 month before putting into flower.
    [​IMG]

New additions: Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Purple Punch, LemonGrass
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Deleted member 574144, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019
    Seedlings - first seedlings I've popped in years, excited to see what comes from this MOB gear.

2x - Eros (Both Males)
    2x - The One bx2 (Both Females)
    3x - The One x Blues OG (very uniform, no sex yet - sprouted these later than the others)

Looks like I've got a couple of possible males, pretty impressed with the overall vigor.

IMG_20191110_193025.jpg

4. Is this the Romulan Genetics clone? Was looking to grow his S1 fem seed next year. Killer 4x4 bed!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Deleted member 574144, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2019
    Yes, it's Romulan Genetics, this is a cut that they released to Dark Heart just recently and my club finally got a delivery last month. I've already got a fresh cut rooting as I'm assuming this will be a keeper.

I could not be happier with the 4x4 bed, I'm already seeing explosive growth with all the legroom.

@PoiBoy79 - Looks like today is the last day to get the Romulan on sale, if you are interested. he's even got 1/2 packs for sale. Oops, those are not the S1, Feminized versions you are looking for.

SEEDS

• Like Like x 1
  6. Really excited to watch!
    I might grab some regs just for a future pollen chuck. I've been looking at those 4×4 beds in case I wanted to grow a monstah...
    Lookin good in here BB

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks again for stopping by and checking out the grow.

I've been checking out your outdoor journal for a couple years now, you had some REALLY nice plants from what I've seen! I was impressed at how long you were able to go with them this year.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Subbed

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Top watered with some coconut water last week and forgot to post that.

Hit the girls with some Malted Barley Powder and top watered in with 10ml (per gallon) Ful-Power.

Going to top water some fresh aloe leaf tonight and possibly add some of the seedlings in the space that is still available.

Working on adding that mulch layer to help slow down the need to top water so often. so far it's just all the excess fan leaves and some of the lower branches I've chopped off just last night.

I'll grab some pictures tonight, hopefully before the HPS comes on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for checking out the grow. I was just starting to get lazy with my journal but I'll make sure to try and keep up and add lots of pictures since they seem to "liven" things up a bit :)

Really excited to see what this Romulan has in store for me. Also the MOB seeds are new to me so lots of new things to explore this round.

I've also got some clones to make after all the thinning I did last night.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Deleted member 574144, Nov 17, 2019
    The One bx2 - It's a GIRL!

This one is 2x the size of the other one, looks like a keeper!
    IMG_20191116_183316.jpg

Looks like the second one is also a girl, but this one is 1/2 the size of the other one.
    IMG_20191116_193421.jpg

I'm pretty stoked because this thing has AMAZING vigor, I was certain that it was a male. I popped 2 of these and this one is 2x the size of the other one. I think I may have to clone this one even though I still have 12 more seeds, just really impressed with how huge this got in such a short amount of time.

12. #12 Deleted member 574144, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2019
    Eros #1 & #2 - are Boys - Kill Them!

2 out of 2 males. I think I've got 12 more shots at finding a nice female.

IMG_20191116_190338.jpg
    IMG_20191116_191950.jpg

I'll set them outside for another week just to be sure but it looks like a male to my eye, they were also some of the taller plants I sprouted.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #14 Deleted member 574144, Nov 17, 2019
    More crappy HPS pics but I just wanted to give some kind of visualization of the explosive growth I'm seeing with the new 4x4 Bed. The strawberry cheesecake and the Romulan take up 1/2 of the bed. The Romulan, just behind the cheesecake in this photo is huge with amazing branching. I'm pretty excited to see how it fills out in flowering.

You can see the new additions on the other half of the bed. I just added "The One bx2" into the bed tonight. Also there is Pineapple Upside Down Cake, LemonGrass, and Purple Punch.

IMG_20191116_195044.jpg

Romulan
    IMG_20191116_200135.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Non-HPS Photos as promised: Roughly 24 days into flower

Strawberry Cheesecake
    Cheesecake.jpg
    Romulan
    Romulan.jpg
    Romulan Branching
    romulan_branching.jpg

15. #16 Deleted member 574144, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2019
    Top watered with some coconut water tonight. Also added a couple tablespoons of Bat Guano to the Strawberry Cheesecake and also the Romulan as they are well into flowering now.

Chopped up those male plants and added them to the bed as mulch.

The bed seems to be SWICKing the water pretty nicely. The soil was even moist when I transplanted my last 2 plants this week.

Still have some water in the tray below so no need to fill that up yet. It's been about 3 weeks since I last filled the tray on the bottom. I've been top watering a couple times a week. Water consumption should start to increase now that the plants are starting to fill out.

Did some IPM tonight as well. (per gallon of water.)

3/4 TBSP Neem
    1/4 TBSP Karanja,
    2 TSP Silicon (Dyna-Grow)
    1 TBSP Soap Nut Powder

[​IMG]

16. Malted Barley Powder Day:
    [​IMG]

Watered in with fresh Aloe Water:
    [​IMG]

Top watered about 5 gallons into the Bed, the bottom tray finally dried out tonight. I stopped top watering when I saw water starting to collect in the tray.
    IMG_20191202_183826.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with the way the Bed SWICKS water up from the lava rocks. I've only filled the bottom once in the last month, with a few top waterings along the way. Fan leaf mulch layer is helping to slow down the need to top water as often.

Had to thin out some of the larger leaves to make room for light to the lower buds. Strawberry Cheesecake fan leaf that is now mulch.
    IMG_20191202_183745.jpg

Still no good bud shots to share due to the HPS lights but it must be said that the Romulan is easily the frostiest plant in my tent. I'll try and snap a picture tomorrow just as the light come on.....they are actually white for a few seconds before they start turning yellow as the bulbs heat up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #18 Deleted member 574144, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2019
    Grabbed a few pics before the lights came on. I used a small portable desk light to avoid HPS pics.

Romulan ~40 days:
    Buds are a little on the small side showing the Sativa lineage. The plant bushed out pretty massive though so overall I think the yield will be pretty respectable, will have to wait and see how it fills out in the final stages but it's hard to know how much it's going to produce just by looking at it.

IMG_20191203_175516.jpg
    Romulan
    IMG_20191203_175532.jpg

Had the bend these away from the light as the plant easily doubled in height and width.
    IMG_20191203_175646.jpg

Strawberry Cheesecake(purple starting to show up) ~30 days
    IMG_20191203_175610.jpg

Pineapple UpsideDown Cake: (personal favorite) ~25 days
    IMG_20191203_175619.jpg

Purple Punch ~20 days:
    IMG_20191203_175631.jpg

Still have water in the bottom so I will probably try and fill that in 2-3 days, once it completely dries again.

18. #19 Deleted member 574144, Dec 5, 2019
    Found 2 males "The One x Blues OG" that will be more mulch for the bed. I ended up with 1 female and it's kinda small and wimpy compared to everything else I'm growing.

I did manage to get a clone to stick of the huge female "The One bx2" so I'm excited to see how that turns out. This female in particular was just as large as all the males I've just culled, I was sure it was a male as well. She's into week 2 flowering in the bed right now, too early to really tell how she's going to do but I'll post some pics once it's showing form.

Still no need to water the bed since I can still see a bit of wetness from the last top water. Once it dries out for a few days I'll fill the tray again and start the swicking again.

19. #20 Deleted member 574144, Dec 6, 2019
    I've decided to run my first ever breeding experiment with this male "The One bx2". I was thinking it would be cool to pair 2 old school strains together to see what I could come up with so I'll be pairing this big male with a Romulan female in the next couple of months. It should be fun to see what pops up from this little experiment.

For now, just a little shot of the fungal growth from the recent dusting of Malted Barley Powder.
    IMG_20191205_204342.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1