Bigbuds99 Backyard Organic No Till

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Deleted member 574144, Jul 11, 2019.

1. I'm still debating this SWICK approach, mainly because I'm never going to able to clean that tray out, not sure if it's going to cause an issue as the bed ages and it will be ALOT of work to move all that soil just to clean the tray out. Maybe I'm overthinking it, who knows? Maybe I'll find out the hard way........as usual ;)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Yeah, I use blumats and never even really think about watering. I travel for work, so they are extra awesome in my opinion

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. That’s pretty cool man, traveling and growing at the same time. Did you automate anything else in the grow?

4. No, the business trips are usually not more than 5 days or so, so as long as I'm covered with watering then I can keep things healthy. My schedule is part of what got me into organic gardening to begin with.

My grows are way more boring than a lot of the folks here: I'm a one girl at a time kind of guy. I have a 12 gallon tote, veg for about 10 weeks, and keep water in my 5 gallon home depot reservoir bucket. I'm about 2 weeks away from chopping a Nirvana blackjack.

I've tried the AWS 10 Continental automated watering system, tried the SWICK/SIP set ups, hand watering, etc. I've settled on blumat as the most care-free, consistent watering, so no turning back for me.

• Like Like x 3
  5. That’s a crazy that it only uses 5gals a week of water? Do you have a Blumat Moister Meter?

6. I don't have the moisture meter, actually. I just have the regular sized carrots.

My one plant will drink between 0.75 - 1.0 gallons per day, sometimes a bit more. You think this is slow drinking? Pretty normal in my experience, given the size (I'm not growing outdoor-sized monsters or anything, usually just an 8-10 week veg indoors). Scrog set up.

If I leave for an extended period, I will top water before I leave and make sure the rez is full to the top. If it's empty when I return, plants are usually fine, and once in a while need to recalibrate the blumats but it's rare.

7. You should look into plant therapy for your pests and mold issues next time.

8. Your plants look bomb though anyways how does your atf smell

9. I would suggest getting the moisture meter and seeing where you’re moisture level is. I was running Blumats to dry for a long time and didn’t realize it. Wet enough to grow plants, but not to THRIVE. Also it wouldn’t hurt to get a bigger res, just Incase you get delayed coming home. I like to be extra prepared lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool, thanks for the recommendations.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #151 Deleted member 574144, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2019
    Taking down the last 3 plants tomorrow.

IMG_20191003_152940.jpg

IMG_20191003_135241.jpg

Got some seeds popped and a couple clones as we transition to the new indoor no-till bed.

(2) The One BC2
    (2) Eros (The One Thai Side)
    (3) The One x Blues OG
    (1) Midnight Splendor (outside plant seeded itself)

IMG_20191003_153609.jpg

Napali Pink
    Romulan
    Strawberry Cheescake
    Lemongrass
    Purple Punch
    Pineapple UpsideDown Cake

IMG_20191003_153620.jpg

Just spotted some caterpillar eggs on the closeup shot, on the edge of the sugar leaves, I see at least 3. Fuckers! I have not sprayed BT in at least 2 weeks so another reason I'm ready to take them down

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. #152 Deleted member 574144, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2019
    Phase 2 of the drying process, after 5 days of the whole plant hanging upside down in bathroom/drying room. I got lucky and we had some nice cool nights, 42 this morning, which helped slow the drying process a bit. Buds are just slightly wet to the touch.

I broke the plants down to branch level and took off a bunch of fan leaves before putting everything into paper bags. Aiming for 2-3 days in the paper bags and then I will start dry trimming and putting everything into mason jars.

IMG_20191003_173413.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. Mirage just before chop. super strong Sour Diesel, citrus-like smell.

IMG_20191004_102641.jpg
    IMG_20191004_102624.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. Phase 1B - (2) Napali Pink (1) Mirage Drying:

IMG_20191004_133800.jpg
    IMG_20191004_133811.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Woooeeee, happy day! Whatdya gonna do with all that weed???

Looks great

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks, those Napali Pink plants were beasts and should bump up my yields considerably. Lat year was just under 4 lbs, I'm excited to see how much I was able to get this year.

We smoke a whole lot of pot but I'm hopeful I might have enough this year to stash a few jars aside to get a proper cure going on some of my favorites.

I'm not looking forward to all the trimming I'll have to do over the course of the next 2 weeks, some of the strains are going to be easier to trim than others.

• Like Like x 2
  17. RIP Bathroom!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dude, what the fuck is going on in that bathroom? What if I need to take a shit???!?!? Hopefully you have a better spot to hang them up till the stems tart snapping

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. hehe, that's only 1/2 of this years crop, good thing I staged that harvest!

I let the neighbor borrow my old 3x3 tent that I was going to use to setup a nice controlled drying room. I don't think he's uses it or really has any plans to use it so I may go ask him for it back. It's a little embarrassing to have the bathroom taken up like that, good thing it's just the spare one :)

20. Phew, needless to say no dump taking has been disturbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum