Big Bud x Early Misty DWC

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Ganja Guru, Mar 12, 2006.

1. So if you dont remember I started this earlier in soil. But DWC is my fav so this will be my object of affection or awhile:D Never done a "tub" before, only buckets, so Im sure there are suttle differences.

Anyone thats in the know can tell me what ya think.
    This is day 10 from seedlings.

Anyone know what would make RO water @ 5.8 ph originally, keep rising in ph level?

Attached Files:

2. More pics

Attached Files:

3. Ganja-Guru, I am so glad I made the beginning. I am planning a hydro grow next and would love to sit in, if I may. Not sure if I'm doing buckets, or a tub like yours. I would assume if I do a tub, I would probably want to grow all the same strain>
    Anyway, things are looking good so far. I'll hunker down for the long haul...

peace

4. If I were you, Id go with buckets. The tub will be harder to maintain due to having multiple plants utilizing one resivoir. Im doing a micro "SOG meets SCROG". B/C I can get by with modest yields. Its the quality im after. But Ill be checking in on your grow once you decide:D

5. Tub looks great, should work just fine... check my last update on mine, tub is growing much better and faster in the tub compared to the bucket.

right now its drinking 5 litres of water every 3 days, I THOUGHT!!!!, it too 5 litre jugs to fill it back so thats 10 litres of water every 3 days for 6 plants or 2.64 gallons every 3 days.

Your Root system will be long and stringy just like everyone elses on here, so it must be my homemade net pots that has my roots growing the way they are..

will keep a watchfull eye on your thread, looking good so far....

6. Best of luck Guru!

Im hoping to try this method as well for my next grow.

Graffix :cool:

7. Thanx guys
    Dier, i took a middle road between your net pots and everyone elses...I Put round plastic disks in the bottom of my net pots to close the bottom off, but left the sides free instead of using the "slit" method you got growing on. I like yours better so far though:D We'll see!

8. How big is your tub Guru? i noticed you have 9 plants as opposed to Diers 6. Do you think you will have any space problems?

Graffix :cool:

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Yes I planned on the space issue, hence the reason its going to be a "micro SCROG meets SOG". Its a 10gal tub so you can figure 1.11 gal per plant. Thats IF and only IF I dont transplant 3 girls from the 9 into seperate 5 gal tubs...but who knows. Right now I like the setup and like i said Im more about quality than quantity. I only need a few ounces.;)

10. Sounds like a good plan. I Thanks for your input Ganja- Guru. On your advice, I'll do 2 smaller tubs, 2 strains, 1 strain 4 plants per tub. Sound ok to you?
    I'll be glued to your grow as I have so much yet to learn.
    peace

11. that sounds fine. Id give at least 2-3 gal per plant though so if youre doing 4 plants per tub, make sure youre tub is at least 10gal. Mind you, 10 gal is NOT alot of water...
    good luck and stay posted

12. Anyone?

13. you said you put discs on the bottom of the net pot but i do not see that in your root shot, you main root is already out of the bottom which it should be traveling around the botom with no way out... you will end up with long stringy roots like the others.

14. Guru, just keep adjusting it, it will selfregulate after a while.

i had about a week of this in the BB and the Tub, after the 2nd week nutes were added it stopped doing it.

but i know what you mean it would spike up from 5.8 to 6.4 and even 6.5 over just a few hours.

Didnt hurt the plants any i just kept checking it every morning then all of a sudden it stopped doing it.

Come to think of it again since you asked, i think it has to do with the grow rocks becaue i moved the water level down after that week so the water was no longer touching he grow rocks...

Could be the PH of the growrocks bring it up.. which is why they tell you to soak them in ph balanced water for a whiile prior to using then (which i didnt do :) )

15. Ok i looked at that pic again, yes i see the shiny surface of the clear plastic disc you used... also noticed its not coming out the bottom but from the side, mine net pot has smaller holes on the side think thats why yours found its way out so quickly.

But again your starting from seed and me from clone, 2 totally different animals when it comes to the root system. With seed only one root comes out the rockwool, with clones tons come out and they are thick as you can tell on my thread showing the clone in the rockwool before putting it in the tub.

16. sure can!

Yeah the water touching the rocks might have had something to do with it. Ive just never seen RO flux like that...:eek:

17. Here is my root system plus you can see my net pots better, i only made slits on mine so it took a while for it to figure a way out.

Plants are only 42 days old today and already in flower.

[​IMG]

18. Wonderful, Looks like beautiful, golden locks of hair! I love blondes LOL

19. looks that color on picture but in reality they are white as milk :)

20. Mine too, guess its just the exposure on the camera.