Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bho with agave syrup? Thc lean??

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by LFT_Skrilla, Jan 20, 2021.

1. I been searching everywhere for a recipe for thc lean I want it the constituency of cough syrup and I heard blue agave syrup is pretty good from my understanding you just decarb the concentrate (bho) and then dissolve it in ever clear and then pour it in agave and wait for the alcohol to leave the syrup through the bubbles and then add flavoring and color. do I need any emulsifier like lecithin? Are the steps I listed right ? Please come through I’ve been looking everywhere for answers

• Like Like x 1
  2. BHO is pretty easy to infuse into agave nectar. You've got the process down pretty well. Here's a video I made.
    Some people do use lecithin if they're going to make a syrup with it so that it will mix better. The link is for recipes and general purpose use. Maybe a teaspoon of lecithin. :)
    Shatter/Dragon Infused Cannabis Agave Nectar for Recipes and General Purpose Use (w/video)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Okay I was gonna use a gram of wax per 4 servings so if I want to fill FOUR 2 fl oz bottles with the thc syrup at 100 mg thc per fl oz(that’s 8 fl ozs)( 800mg thc give or take) How would the measurements go ? how much lecithin per fl oz? And I would add the flavor and color after everything is complete correct? Just want to make sure to try to get it the first shot. Thanks for ur time

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would use a teaspoon of lecithin for the 8oz altogether. The coloring can go in early if you want but I would wait so that you can clearly see your agave as it progresses. Flavor is always one of the last things. I've never used agave for a syrup myself. I use it mainly for recipes and coffee or teas.

Good luck with that. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. What would you recommend to make a cough syrup type of consistency then?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oh, that should work just like it is. Are you going to use it to mix into other liquids or chug it like it is? I've just never been into the "cough syrup" aspect of it. I've been making agave for years, long before this syrup trend has come along. I do make syrups but I then mix them into other things like koolaid, etc. The straight up syrup is too sweet for me.

I like making small batches like you're making, especially when you're first learning. Sometimes large batches can pose more problems with the infusion. It will be a good experience. Let us know how it turned out. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yes mix it into a soda or something

• Like Like x 2
  8. And thanks I will fosho

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry to bother but at what stage should I add the lecithin in the agave and alcohol mix ? While it’s cooking at 200 degrees correct ? How long should the whole process take? Step by step ?

10. Add the lecithin at the start. If you use powder or granule you may want to add it first to the agave and heat it until it mixes in. Then you'll add the alcohol and heat it until the alcohol bubbles stop. Keep it stirred. It shouldn't take too long but it depends on your method of heating and container you're using. A jar in boiling water will take longer than a double boiler. It's a matter of surface area. You don't cook it long at 200°. By the time it gets there the alcohol should be gone and it will be ready. Cannabis oil become molten at 180.

You shouldn't have any problem if you follow that video. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. @LFT_Skrilla did you make your syrup? Have any troubles? How'd the lecithin mix? I made some after I posted to make sure I remembered correctly. :huh:

12. I barely saw this man and I’m still waiting a couple days until my ingredients ship in ! I will keep you updated

13. Any tips you would like to add ? Since I’m probably going to make it in a couple days

14. I made a little video about it and was just editing it when I discovered that I lost 2 of the clips as I was transferring them. I hate it when I do that. Those were the most important parts.

After you decarb your shatter dissolve it in about 10ml of 190. I used liquid lecithin, 1 tsp, and 100ml of agave. Dissolve your lecithin into the agave then add your shatter solution and heat until the alcohol has dissolved and the heat closes in on 200°F for just a moment. I used a magnetic stir bar but just be sure to stir it well and often. When you start seeing a bubbly froth at the top you can stop. Stir it well, let it cool, put cling wrap over it and put it in the refrigerator for an hour. Remove it and skim any foam/froth from the top. What I made was 150mg per tablespoon. :)

15. Wow that’s strong as h*ll , so the temp needed to dissolve the lecithin, would that be the same temp needed to dissolve the alcohol?(200 degrees)? Correct?

• Like Like x 1
  16. That's about 50mg per teaspoon. That's a pretty good dose and not too sweet. There's no particular temperature for the lecithin. Add it at the beginning and it will mix in on the way to your goal temp. Granulated or powdered lecithin will take longer to dissolve than liquid but it should be well below 200°F. Lecithin doesn't fully dissolve in anything very well and will usually settle if allowed to sit. It's being used as an emulsifier here. Once it's mixed well you'll add your 10ml of shattered alcohol and keep heating until it gets over 180°F or a little higher and you start seeing frothy foam then take it off the heat. You may see the alcohol bubbling off first. :)

17. Apologies, thought this was Sams thread

Attached Files:

18. I'm jealous. We haven't seen any Purple Monkey Balls around here in quite a while. That's one of my favorite Indicas. :)

• Like Like x 1