Bho Vacuum Purge System?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by DabsOnTopDabs, Feb 21, 2013.

1. #21 Jimmy Carter, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    I have that pump, the TSI Supercool pump? works fine for my 3gal chamber.

Go to a thrift store and pick up a pressure cooker, make a nice thick polycarbonate lid and BAM! you got a DIY chamber :smoke:

CFM doesnt really matter

2. What kind of material did you blast?
    Did you use any heat?

3. what kind of chamber are you using? If I was building one, I would have a brass 4-way threaded tee with a coupler to screw into the lid, 1 ball valve on each of the sides and then the gauge on top.

You'll want to construct what you seen in the top right, except the top one would be the vacuum gauge, not a third ball valve.
    [​IMG]

4. I'm probably going to modify a big stewing pot. My eyes are peeled for a cheap suitable one. The top right but with a gauge makes sense. Thank you jimmy!

5. Is there an actual guide somewhere to make a DIY chamber? 

What do I need other than the pressure cooker? I'm assuming an induction burner or griddle to heat the pressure cooker itself? 

I'm very confused as to what other parts that I need. I see that I need some valves. But what about the vacuum itself? 

6. [quote name="mmmbongo" post="19256189" timestamp="1388453573"]Thank you! Been hunting for the micron rating. Good pumps are rare these ways but I recently saw one pop up with a 15 micron rating,at a reasonable price. It's only 1.5 CFM but this is only an issue if I use a giant vac chamber.I'm going to have to make my own vac chamber though. Glass vac desiccators of the right size are also super pricey here.Can anyone give me some advice on making a vac chamber? I'm trying to find a guide. I've seen a couple of DIY ones made out of modified metal pans but not many details on the actual construction of them. I hope to see an instructable soon...haha. I find it is the opposite! I initially could not get my wax to turn into shatter but realised its because i was being far too gentle with the heat. If you want wax use minimal heat.I prefer shatter, but thats because I have had waxes with butane dissolved before and been put off. It's a steep learning curve! I would very much love some reassuringly vacuum purged wax but not around here unless I make it myself.I finally got hold of a blasting tube before christmas (after doing far too many jar teks) after a long day of running everyone elses stuff I finally went to do mine and the tube cracked and shattered. So sad![/quote]I was able to make my chamber out of a pressure cooker. Got it at Fred Meyers for $60. The lid already had a 1/4 hole where there was a rubber stopper, pulled it out and fitted it with with tubing and gaugeSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. So I've now got a stainless steel blasting tube and it's a beast. The seller was only 10 minutes away from here haha, so went and met him and had a chat with someone in person about all the details. He also sells small vacuum chambers for 140 but I reckon just skipping a size will do fine! No worry of the tube ever cracking or stressing. I've also upgraded my chamber plans to a box made of 316 SS. I'm trying to get price quotes for this at the moment but I suspect it wont be cheap.But not far off what the guy is asking for a much much smaller setup. I will let you guys know what I end up getting :) Thanks for the advice

8. whats your new tubes like?

9. I have had Mason jars implode and let me tell you.... any money you save on the front end is not worth picking out shards of glass from your extract. Keep an eye on Ebay and Amazon, tech gear is coming down in price and availiblity is not a issue any more.

10. I've also had small Pyrex dishes with lids implode. And yeah that Shyt sucks!

11. Hello everyone! Hope all is well with ur extractions. Had a quick question. So I've been trying to make some good wax. Normally after the initial water bath and first little vac purge, it only takes a few hours before I get a nice little muffin. I am using good material super low heat, I've had this thing in the vac all day and it's still a thick gooey puddle. Am I being impatient? Right now I'm using a seedling matt and a small heater around my purge pot. IR thermometer says about 110? Do i need to add a tad more heat? Any advice would be great. Sorry if anything is vague, just trying to get to the point :)
    Lates!

12. what is 110F, the chamber or the oil? you need to measure the surface of your oil and let the temp stabilize before vaccing. stay 100 or below and definitely keep going. how thick is it? if you want it to purge efficiently you need to have it spread as thin as you can

13. @[member="AfganiKush"] hello,
     im in the process of making my bho out of butane,
     I wanted to ask you for how long and at what temps should I purge my bho in a 1.75 gallon vacuum chamber,
     and what other precautions should I take on making shatter, help would greatly be appreciated! 

14. #36 Jimmy Carter, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014

use an IR temp gun to make sure your oil is 90-100F, keep it spread thin, flip the slab every 3-4hr and purge for a minimum of 24hr to make sure its clean. if it feels harsh or anything like that after the 24hr, keep going.

15. This is what I'm dealing with... very annoying lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

16. Is there a way to transfer this from my slick pad without having a bunch of flaky flakes..i also dont understand how I can flip this slab . it's a small run and a so thin... or is my pad just shit

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. @[member="Jimmy Carter"] thanks! and what do you mean by flipping every 3-4 hours? and how are you describing harsh? like not sticky?

18. #40 Jimmy Carter, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
    I mean harsh on your throat when you dab it. You need to flip your slab over when the bubbles have settled and repeat that process a few times to help get solvent out. Just put another piece of parchment on top of your slab and roll it out with something to get it to stick to the new piece of paper, then flip it over and peel off the original piece real fast.

Sorry I hate pads so I cant say anything but bad about them, they're pretty dumb IMO

rizz, what do you mean by flakes? thats sounds pretty scary