Berenstein/stain Bears?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by HongKongPhooey, Aug 15, 2015.

1. So a buddy brought this up, Berenstein Bears are really the Berenstain Bears?

If you remember these were children books back in the day, even had their own TV show. I could have sworn that they have always been the Berenstein bears, but to my confusion if you try to look it up, its Berenstain Bears. In fact its always been Berenstain.

But many people I know will straight argue with me that its Berenstein Bears and that I'm crazy. But googling Berenstein bears gets me no where, it will just switch me over to the correct spelling Berenstain. I've found that many people across the Interwebz also have this confusion and I'm wondering if I find it here as well.

Did somebody go back in time and change something? Are we living in a parallel universe? Glitch in the Matrix? I feel like I should take the blue pill...

2. Lmao, I love this thread. Just because you seriously are... Trippin over these damn bears.

Your right tho, my whole life I would have thought it to be Bernstein, just because it was always pronounced like that in my house hold growing up. Looking back at it, I believe the reason tho, is its actually named after the authors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Subconscious insertion of the far more common -stein suffix, coupled with the fallible human mind creating false memories that remember Berenstein rather than Berenstain. This whole parallel universe thing, where the Berenstain Bears are at the centre of the conspiracy, is just plain laughable.

4. I seen a post about this on Instagram, saying they have books that changed names that they had forever some one said its something to do with dimensions but who knows life it's self is a mystery.

5. Exactly this.

I think the parallel universe theory about it is entertaining, but it's not anything more than that.

I was also a Berenstein believer, but that's obviously because I was never really paying attention to the letters. Berenstein just seemed more fitting, that's what my brain stuck in there when I was briefly looking at the front of the book before tearing into the insides of it.

I think I even remember at one point as a little kid being like "omg it's Berenstain? I always thought it was Berenstein!" and then moving on with my life because the fact that I misread something I was barely paying attention to for the past few years didn't really seem that significant to me. :confused_2:

6. #6 guod, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
    1444428196414.jpg

:sorry:

7. lol
    I think they must have. I think we gave the books to the grandkids. I'm going to have to call my daughter!

8. Ouch.

9. 1449103185271.jpg :joke:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Whoever is in that pic, should in fact care. Small bear & a walker w/ down syndrome [​IMG]

11. i loved those books, and the rare treat when they were on tv made my day complete when i was a little kid but for real though. dont bother trying to argue with someone when you are correct and they think they are right, you might as well talk to the neighbors dog or sumthing

12. I always knew it was the Berenstein bears. My dad used to read me all the books as a kid. Were you guys consuming codeine in your milk cups as kids or what?

13. I vividly remember it being -stein along with most people.

I vote someone went back in time and butterfly effected shit.

14. It's actually R.L. Stane.

15. got spellcheck for that or just google? lol

16. Some of the humans crossed into an alternate reality where names are spelled slightly different

-Sent from Zeta Reticuli starsystem-

17. I can't remember if it was berenstein or berenstain but I remember watching it as a kid and I got a big shock cuz I could swear it changed from one day to the next. I had this conversation with friends that week as a lil kid. We didn't call it a Mandela effect then cuz we didn't have internet. They all laughed and said no it didn't change.