Beginners Guide To Get You Started In Growing Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by jcj77d, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Thought I’d fire a post about the training I’m doing with my girls... hopefully it’ll help some one :) it’s a type of LST but abit more Intense with added trimming and in a sense it’s mainlining vs flux training..

I started off by transplanting my seedlings into pots but bent them straight over I tied them down and allowed them to grow side ways across the pot corner to corner I then potted them up into there final 3gal pots put I didn’t place them in the middle I planted them into the corner of the new pot meaning they could continue being grown from one corner to the other.. I then continued to tie them down and have now been able to start the real training.

So here we have one of the girls after the above training..

[​IMG]

Step 1, use a pokey or punch and line up where you think you can hold the plant down.

[​IMG]

Step 2, use garden twist cable, (never tie this around plant stems it will cut through and you will snap branches learnt from yours truely)

[​IMG]

Tie it through the hole you’ve made and twist it off to give you an anchor to work with.

[​IMG]

Step 3. Use your tie to pull over the branch you need to hold down. Now once your happy use your pokey/punch again on the other side and do the same with the twist tie and tie it off.

[​IMG]

Step 4, repeat your way round the branches until you have a tidy tied down plant.

[​IMG]

Step 5. Once you have completed the tie down go ahead and trim anything that’s unwanted and unneeded and could cause a hindersnce to your tied down branches, when all is said and done you should have something that looks like this.

[​IMG]

Step 6, carry on with entire garden.

[​IMG]

Step 7, The bounce back..
    The next day it’s always good practise to check all the ties as the plants bounce back from training fast and last thing you want is a branch hurting it’s self. The day after all the above training and the garden now looks like this.

[​IMG]

I will allow the garden to continue to grow for another week, I will check the ties every day or every other day at most, Il re adjust if I need to and then tidy up and retrain 1 week after last training giving the girls time to recover..

Hope this helps :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Very informative! U seem to be very experienced and I was wondering if you could give me some pointers. I posted some pics in my album yesterday. I want to know if it is too late to top and bend. This is my first grow. Thanks for your time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Those plants look great. This is just what I was looking for. I have some outdoor plants, pics in my album. Do u think it's too late to top and bend?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks for sharing this useful information. We all are aware how medical cannabis effectively works for various medicinal purposes. Also, the way of explaining is great!

5. May I ask some basic questions here? I have decided I want to try growing but I need to get some things straight first.
    How long does it take until the plants are ready for harvest? How many plants are recommended to start with? When growing indoors can I keep the windows shut - or is it even needed for the perfect condition of air to reach using equipment? How much is all the equipment needed in US dollar? Are there some fatal mistakes one could make except for the more elaborate ones pointed out in the beginner guides? Like any obvious mistakes one could make?

Thanks in advance.

6. So how should one start the seeds?

7. Hello! I'm a new but very passionate grower! I'm trying to grow some autos indoor in something labeled as "nitrogen-rich potting mix". The problem is that the plants don't grow as they should. Their roots don't grow quite well, and this medium remains wet forever after wattering, it never dries out, which is frustrating, because I can't figure out when should I water again and feed them. What am I missing? How is this "potting-mix" supposed to be used? Should I mix it with real soil or anything else? Why does it never dry out? I've heard is because of the peat moss in it that retains moisture, but for that long? Please help me out to understand how to use this medium.

This is the medium, for more info
    CANNA Terra Professional is a nitrogen-rich potting mix for plant cultivation. Your plants grow best in a nitrogen-rich potting mix. CANNA Terra Professional potting mix is unlike anything you will find in a garden centre. It contains a blend of upgraded black peat, granulated peat moss and perlite. If you are going to grow indoors or outdoors, this is the potting mix you want to use.

Attached Files:

8. Where are they now do I get to the stickys

9. Hello up there, can someone help me with my plant? This is all new for me and my leaves seem to be suffering Wondering if someone can visually diagnose the issue since I can't seem to confirm it.

Yellowing, downward curling tips, some spots.
    Photos show better details.
    I really appreciate anyone taking the time to help me.

Attached Files:

10. I'm new as well but if I had to guess if say nute burn

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. learning how to do a flush would be GREAT for us newbies! Thanks

12. Thank you jcj77d, I was just looking for a few specifics. Your guide was very well done in my opinion. Thank you for taking the time to educate those who want to learn.

13. take your plant outside on to the bath/shower,
    with a large bucket or tape up potplant. fill the bucket
    take the ph and temp, test ensure the temp is close to the soil temp

then pour 3 times the pot volume thru the target pot it will take times and lots of wet
    do it days end so they recover over night to continue in the morning
    do not be tempted to feed or even partial feed afterwards, noobs fuck up here

all you are doing is washing nutes away from the rootzone and lower in the pot, hopefully out the drain too
    do not do this before harvest it don't work, but will ease the effects/ yellowing leaves reduces the burn

good luck

14. im trying to do my first grow eventually, My question is will a single 600 watt With actual wattage of 100 or so (LED ) working give enough light for a plant enough to last all throughout harvest as it grows? Even with bigger strains/plants?

And what is the best budget carbon filter air exhaust and dehumidier

15. ive never bothered tbh.

16. Developing cannabis can appear as though an overwhelming errand for the people who don't have insight. Truly; nonetheless, it tends to be finished by pretty much anybody. Up to a brief period and exertion are placed into seeing how to do it, developing cannabis is really simple.
    1. set up your cannabis grow space
    2. select your cannabis grow lights
    3. Fluorescent grow lights
    4. Hid grow lights
    5. Led grow lights

17. Can you please tell me if my plant is male or female. Cheers C.

Attached Files:

18. #2680 smoker0606, Mar 27, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    way too young you won't notice till week 12 when they are pref lowering, but be careful to know what to look for they can sprout out & spread it's pollen before you know it, luckily the ladies was fine & the male was a male not a hermie,well why are the forums so old? about to delete & forgetting this site, I read the forums are dying

Attached Files: