Been years, I missed GrassCity! What’s the community like now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cheeto Jones, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Hey y’all! Cheeto Jones here, I used to love this site back mostly in 2011-2015 when I was a young lad, I have fond memories of being broke buying grams and talking to people on here all alone in my room at my parents house talking to other stoners while smoking.

it’s been a while and the community here doesn’t seem as... populated? Had a lot of people moved onto Reddit? I prefer the layout of Grasscity it’s much more personal and loose than Reddit.

Anyway, glad to be back on the site, cannabis was recently legalized in my state and if I told myself a decade ago pot would be legal in my state I wouldn’t believe you. I remember thinking “hopefully one day in my LIFETIME there will be recreational legalization”. It happened so fast.

whats grasscity been like these days what’s the culture like on here??

• Like Like x 3
  2. Its still poppin

3. I'm not really sure, I feel like I've heard people say forums in general are kind of declining. My accounts about as old as yours but I didn't post that much until a few years ago. I like gc way better than reddit. I hate the way reddit encourages circle jerks and groupthink. And it forces you into a box (by having to choose a subreddit). Here it's more just like people talking. It's more real.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bit shit now, innit?

(jooooking)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Same stuff I've been doing here for a while. Growing the herb. Helping where I can. Passing out bad advice LOL
    Last couple of site rebuilds cost us some good people. They got pissed when links went dead and weren't patient while the staff ironed out the bugs. Moved on to newer pastures.

We get a new influx now and again as more states get on board with medical and rec and it becomes legal.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  6. I know I've seen your avatar around on old posts, forever reading last week's news, but I always wonder what happens to people, why they disappear. All that to say it's cool to see you back around, even though I wasn't here when you were.

I love this place, it's chill and I can kick it with other stoners, and not stoners alike, anytime anyplace. I'm always ready to roll one up.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Not an OG but, still pretty cool if ur a grower

OGs remember the even more OGs and carry on their info. Learning history here is like reading a tome. Seems like it was mad poppin here around 2000-2012

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 2010 was the year.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

9. Same. This is where I came to learn more about weed before I'd even started smoking lol. Also around the same years, if not a year earlier. It's funny cause I just came back here after deleting my reddit account. They're a bunch of sensitive pussies. I got a 30 day ban for kindly telling someone to "fuck off". So I came back to the place I first knew haha :jump:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Potheads.