bass drum foot techniques

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Killerbee4323, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Hows it going, I was wondering if there are any drummers here and what foot technique they use. I'm trying to develop speed with the ankle motion at the moment.

2. Sup bro , heal up toe down for the most part but I use all sorts of technics depending on what I’m playing - vape

3. My kit I use these days. 254E4FBF-1531-4CEE-8B31-B6A6C1AE48C7.jpeg CAC6AABC-019D-4750-8294-5CC89DEA2B9B.jpeg 5C67F7D8-5C3C-41C8-92D1-296571C110BD.jpeg 885C8289-56EC-4728-84F6-5D8A1F33322B.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Nice dude. I've been trying to figure out swivel technique but I'm gonna try and get my heel up ankle motion to 100 bpm 16ths per foot first.

5. Check out Thomas Lang , he has some masterful techniques. My most influential drummer these days is Gavin Harrison . Simply amazing to say the least - vape

6. I've been watching the James payne videos and he pretty much nails how to do each technique. I can heel toe double stroke all day 16ths at 100bpm but I wanna get my single strokes up to speed.

7. My recommendation for developing foot is to use several different pedals (in practice). Personally, I use an Iron Cobra exact same model as @vaperm but I also have the Flexi-Glide which uses a strap instead of a chain. Try to use an old Ludwig Speed King.... OMG, after an Iron Cobra it feels like air. LOL It is sloppy and loose and all over the place. But, using different pedals gives you a real feel for your FOOT instead of any particular pedal. Then, go back to your regular pedal.JMO, but I have used a zillion different pedals and it helped me.

I just sold my entire drum collection because I am getting ready to move to sunny southern California and retire. But, the Corona party kind of put me on hold. Hopefully, next year. I am down to one drum set and only 2 snares. And, I bought a digital kit this year just to fuck around inside during the corona party. I don't recall how many drum sets I had at once but, probably close to 100. Never had more than 200 snares. LOL Here is a shot of my snare collection just before I sold them all.

snarecolletionebay.jpg

Mostly vintage stuff. Love the old 3 ply old world mahogany shells.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nice im playing on a set of pearl eliminator. Had Gibraltar single chains which got gifted to an inter city youth lol, her mom and my wife and are friends and she was the only kid that could keep a beat so naturally I bought her a drumset and started teaching her to play.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Love that DW set in the pics. Beautiful wrap. Looks like the early Slingerland WMP, w/ lots of silver accent. This was one of my early (1964) Slingerland sets.

slingyset-5.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm playing a entry level Yamaha. Got it used, let's say the hardware and cymbals that came with it sealed the deal.

• Like Like x 1