Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Better to decarb the bud before making the dry ice kief or decarb the kief itself? I use a nova lift to do my decarbing.

Thanks for the info!

And I’m assuming I can use this coconut oil extract in the gummy recipes correct? My patient prefers gummies over capsules although she is no stranger to the caps. They just take longer to activate.

2. I shake my Kief from well cured buds then Decarb it before making the oil.

I'd do a test batch first to see how well the Coconut oil stays in the finished gummie. May need to dust them with powdered sugar or ?? to make them less oily to handle.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

[​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  3. I would probably dust them with citric acid and powdered sugar. Thanks for experimenting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. I'm sure you found this out by now, but yes, coconut oil can be used in gummies. I think most recipes call for about 1/4 cup. I always use about that amount in my gummies and haven't had any problems with getting the oil to bind.

Also, you don't really need citric acid, unless you want sour gummies, although it can help with preservation. Powdered sugar is something you use for gummies that are too sticky (sticking together). I don't think that would help if you have an oily residue on your gummies.

-NKOTB

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Thanks, yes I tried a batch. I’m using very strong coconut oil in my recipe. Worked great!

I use citric acid to bring the sweetness in check. With corn syrup, the coconut oil, there needs to be a little bit of citric acid to balance it. It is a preservative as well, but I use a mold inhibitor and potassium sorbate preservative. Gummies have lasted a over a month so far. No mold.

6. Yeah, citric acid definitely will work for that. Would you happen to be using Jell-O from a box in your recipe? You can cut out a lot of sugar by using fruit juice and unflavored gelatin, I like to reduce my liquid by at least 50% for better flavor concentration. I use a little bit of honey to sweeten and just a touch of corn syrup to give it a little of that ever elusive gummy spring.

What mold inhibitor are you using? Potassium sorbate inhibits mold, yeast, and fungal growth, so I don't think you would need to use anything else?

-NKOTB

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hey mate this is my first post and I'm looking forward to learning a lot.

I'm from Australia where weed is a bit harder to get and harder to get good stuff so I'm going to make some capsules, just had a kidney transplant so I can't smoke or vape, (apparently you can get chest infections due to unburnt fibres landing in your lungs and the anti rejection meds don't help.

So my question is, in regards to capsules, which would be better, after decarbing..

putting the cooked herb straight into capsules,
    making cannabutter then capsules or
    making cannabutter with coconut oil.

I've seen videos of all 3 and wasnt entirely sure which would be the best.

Thanks for reading mate.

8. Congrats on the transplant. I've had one for 25 years and have smoked a lot since I got out of the hospital. I lied to them when they asked or else I'd have never gotten the kidney. You have to be careful when you're on full immunosuppressants. Don't share a joint for a while with anyone. You'll be okay, though. It's everything else that will kill you.

I recommend the oil caps. :)

• Like Like x 1

9. 25 years is awesome, it's only been one week yesterday, but I've got another few weeks off work so I'll be able to do some experimenting.

Thanks for your speedy reply

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. If you ever have any questions/concerns about the transplant and cannabis or any other aspect of life afterwards you can drop me a private message here in the forum. My nephrologist thinks that cannabis may be why mine has lasted so long without complications and I said I had no doubt. jammingout (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Ah thanks, I've been reading a fair bit about weed and how it helps with stuff like this but my neph didn't want to have a bar of it because he hasn't read enough about it. Which is fair I guess.

12. BadKats not around any longer but between Psam and myself we can cover most of any questions you might have.

Simplest will be a direct oil infusion.
    Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes (115.5 C) This is just weed on a cookie sheet in the oven uncovered.

Grind to dust. Flour grade is best
    5 grams decarbed bud dust
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (104.4 C)
    Done.

This is basically Badkats recipe found here.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  13. Thanks mate that's awesome.

Definitely will try next week

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Do you mean tablespoons ? I can't fit 5 gs in 2.5 teaspoons

Sent from my SM-G973F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. No I meant what I typed. I do a triple batch at a time and this is 15 grams of Kief going in 3 tablespoons of Coconut oil-lecithin.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is just enough to wet the Kief. It doesn't seem like it at first but after a minute or so it does fully wet the Kief. If it just won't do it add enough more Coconut oil to get the job done.
    It won't lower the strength all that much as this stuff is ass kicking to start with.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oh ok thankyou very much . Just I tried yesterday with 5 g powdered buds and wasn't enough oil so I maybe added to much extra as I did tablespoons.... I've been trying to make more and more potent edibles for a while for myself now and I'm starting to think I have the liver enzyme problem now after taking 6 tsp caps yesterday and 4 weed one of this method just a bit to much oil ha
    Gonna try again with less oil and some hash or rso

17. Also do you freeze just until oil is solid or for how long before back in oven?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Aslo is liquid lecithin fine or just granulated. Sorry for the questions

• Like Like x 1
  19. I usually do several batches back to back so the freezer time is just 20 minutes. The metal dish and the small amounts ( 3 tablespoons ) hardens, freezes fast.
    Any type and form of lecithin works. Sunflower or Soy, Liquid, powder, or granules. I use the liquid as it blends fast. The granules didn't fully disintegrate until I was nearly done processing so I went with the liquid.

[​IMG]

The full jars hold about 1000 capsules each. :) I make and take a lot of this stuff and haven't changed the basic recipe in several years as I can't make it any stronger or longer lasting. I spent months messing with Kats base recipe changing this part or that temp and time and settled very close to her original recommendations.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Thankyou so much for your help I'm definitely going to be trying this method again soon thanks again for all the knowledge and help

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1