Awareness, Pure Consciousness, Higher Self, Techniques...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by svedka, Jun 23, 2014.

1. She uploaded this piece yesterday dedicated to those in Western states such as CA, OR, WA affected by this these relentless global warming induced firestorms... Meanwhile we have floods and a storm warming on the other side of the US.. but i digress... Let the rains come, then the mudslides... Nature just doing her thing, if it takes wiping out humans, so be it...

2. Enjoyed this which is a compilation of several Satsangs... The first one is the more technical, others are like fireside chats with Papaji reading questions from participants. He has no teaching but points the way to Self Realization by simply advising to...

"Keep Quiet" and the way he says it i find hilarious.. Thing is, it works... Quiet means NO THOUGHTS even if you can only pull it off for a couple of seconds it's a start... No more racing mind once you become wise to it and know you are the Witness to it, not the mind or body itself... Yes, you can be a "born again" Christian but not everyone can shake the old self it's habits, tendencies, cunningness of the mind, ego, etc.. Many in the name of God preaching TV multimillionaires appear to be possessed by what they do rather than at peace... They offer nothing from Christ's teachings but a few selected quotes thrown in now and then for effect in between pumping politics..

3. #63 svedka, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    This is the current favorite go to playlist for waking up from the dream, maya, illusion... Although Poonjai aka Papaji (previous post) sparks the interest and is convincing. Nisargadatta Maharaj had simple easy technique taught by his guru... He practiced it for 3 yrs and awakened to The Self dropping the false ID of "I Am", the "I", Me, mine illusion of body mind "person".

Simply "abide in the "sense of" I AM" Without adding anything to I Am after the sense of just Being... The more we "stay put" their without labels, past history or future cravings eventually we remember Who We Are and fall back into our True Self that was never born nor will ever die. The realization was that there was never a person, only a made up make believe continuum. This is a playlist of 25 videos excerpts from the pointing each on average of 30 minutes. If you get into it, best be ready, (World Weary) and ready to drop all the notions that you've chased for countless lifetimes searching for total fulfillment and happiness... It's not "out there" but INSIDE... The last place we look for it..
    (an aside, the CC's are fairly accurate, you can change the color to YELLOW and enlarge CC to view from 20 feet away on your big screen while having lunch or dinner. Or just listen and putter. )
    Turns out this was posted in January too but without so much explaining..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Found this fairly short read that tells a lot about what happens after the body drops. It is Advaita Vedanta aka Jinana Yoga aka "Non-Duality"... This is why some value Self Realization of the SELF while breath is still in the physical body... Makes for a much easier transition by all accounts from the wise sages of the East.

The mystery door
    No one knows what happens after death. We know what happens to the body, but hardly anything about what happens to the person. We have plenty of theories about it, though, many in religious texts as well. There is nothing “right” or “wrong” about any of them. They are theories, after all, or at least ideas that cannot be objectively verified. Whichever theory best matches our belief, faith or hope becomes a kind of truth to us.... continued at link...
    The mystery door

• Like Like x 1
  5. Found this pdf link to teachings that are kind of hard to find by the guru of Nisargadatta Maharaj... His guru
    Siddharameshwar Maharaj who died shortly after giving initiation and to N.M. Many of these Indian gurus didn't wear shirts and some only loin cloths regardless of what shape their bodies were in (or out of)... So the teaching to NM was handed down as "be with the 'sense of' I AM" as that is all you really know for sure. Once you are established in that feeling and habit it becomes more real than maya, or the dream that all of us not "Self Realized" are caught up in. ( the I, me, mine chasing desires and avoiding fear and pain by busy-ness focussed "out there")

[​IMG]

Full text of "Self Realization"

6. Are you familiar with mahasamadhi? (I think that's the term, otherwise it started with an R) It's when one reaches such a level of being they separate from they're body and do not return.

They say some Yogi's intentionally create a desire for food, just to keep them in their body for longer.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Yes that is something that is relative and open for discussion if one chooses to but i'm currently only focused on the "sense of" I AM which is the oneness or non-duality of all... Commonly referred to as "The Self" it can't be described but permeates all things as well as space. It was before the universe or any thing "physical" the field of all possibilities, yet it is also all things including the universe (s). The other teachings involve reinforcing the illusion or dream of separation which is the cause of all suffering, wars, conflict and "sense of" something missing despite how many desires are fulfilled. Below is a video on non-duality that isn't the best as they talk too fast and flash too many visuals on the screen... Could be nice for someone tripping on Sativa perhaps but for me it is sensationalism and 99.9999999999% of spiritual aspirants aka seekers live for this stuff... they don't want to find The Self as the "person" has to die in a sense... No more false identity only Pure Awareness, Being the Witness to the show, dream or ego's never ending soap operas. Was going to post the video in this thread anyway as it is good for beginners to get an idea of the AtOneMent Infinite correlation of the universe.

From Wiki
    "n Hindu or Yogic traditions, Mahāsamādhi, the great and final samādhi, is the act of consciously and intentionally leaving one's body at the moment of death.[1] According to this belief, a realized and enlightened (Jivanmukta), yogi (male) or yogini (female) who has attained the state of nirvikalpa samādhi, can consciously exit from their body and attain enlightenment, often while in a deep, conscious meditative state.[2]
    Associated with this belief is the notion that the individual's karma is extinguished upon death.
    Some individuals have, according to their followers, declared the day and time of their Mahāsamādhi beforehand. These include Lahiri Mahasaya whose death on September 26, 1895."

8. That's really interesting svedka, are you familiar with Sadhguru? I feel you would take interest in some of his videos.

He has been invited and spoke on subjects like this at Harvard, United Nations, Standford, Oxford, Berkeley, the list goes on.

Quite the peculiar fellow

9. Sorry to say i've watched a few of his videos and see him as just another power and money hungry opportunist... There is nothing new under the sun and all that he speaks can be found elsewhere except for a few things he seems to have dreamed up himself... Why did he make the video of him on that oversized motorcycle just chit chatting with his pretty young daughter? Was that designed to help an aspirant awaken? Doubtful there are many subjects remaining that he hasn't commented on as if he is an incarnation of the vedas and upanishads combined... does he still have that huge Shiva lingum? a couple of summers ago he had a huge turnout at some event there.. must have cost him a pretty penny to have that thing constructed and begs the question is it spiritual ritual to generate something or just for show?

10. Ya know svedka I was thinking. With the technology these days it's easy to gather information.

Look back into krishnamurtis time, he saw the evils on the way conciousness was going and was trying to make change in the young, he had to travel the world speaking with the leaders and learning that way, no online.

His flaw was he used only one part of the mind to spread what he learned, his intelligence, doing so like this, his words were sharp like a knife, you cannot stitch a wound with a knife.

Perhaps sadhguru saw that and has incorporated jokes and family appearance in his work.

You saw this as a publicity stunt, perhaps it was his act, similar to the wild man bachir boumaaza, who created a video of himself on utube acting like a deranged psycho for over a year, gained millions of followers then took a sudden twist and raised over $10million dollars and gave 100% of it to starving children in poverty stricken countries.

I don't know though

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Hey svedka hows it going buddy, ive been learning from these videos lately and thought you might enjoy and learn from them as well. take care

Playlist of all videos:

12. They are fine if one is still wanting to be a "seeker"... Some of "us" have turned into "professional" seekers like the "professional student" who spends 12 yrs in universities but never seems to want to stop... lol

Currently, and hopefully FINALY my practice is to LOSE THE MIND as that and the false small ID self aka ego is the cause of the maya, illusion and cycle of pleasure/pain/pleasure/pain... Constantly seeking that which feels good, tastes better, excites more, etc.. while avoiding fear, pain, suffering but it is a never ending cycle as long as one ID's with the illusory fake body/mind self... This self thrives on "knowledge" and the more it gains from these spiritual stories it is just more clutter to drop when one get's serious. Nisargadatta Maharaj cuts through all this noise and explains it clearly. It is amazingly fulfilling to know you are At-One with all there is including
    God and the "devil"... The sense of separation is the cause of all suffering... Drop that and you are Home Free... No need to think of yourself as a student ever again.
    Om Shanti

13. What does So'ham mean?
    So'ham, or So'hum, is a Hindu mantra that can be translated as "I am He/That." It is derived from the Sanskrit, sah, meaning "He," and aham, meaning "I." It is a universal and natural mantra because it is present within everybody as the breath, with the sound of "so" during inhalation and "ham" during exhalation. As such, So'ham is a mantra that is chanted just by concentrating on the breath because the breath chants it naturally.

There is also an inverted version of this mantra: hamsa, meaning "white swan," which stands for the inner Self.
    (This would be used after each SO HAM, which is my preference in pranayama "alternate nostril breathing" and at the beginning of meditation... Ham in breath, SA exhale... rinse and repeat to So Ham. every other breath.)

Just something easy on the mind which can resonate with the True Self we all Are as a background while doing whatever, work or even meditating, yoga, etc.

14. This is Tat Wale Baba from Rishikesh India at around 80 years of age... He lived in a cave not far up from the TM ashram of MMY the yogi started the meditation movement. There are videos of him on YT, he never charged money but had lot's of followers who would just gather around him to soak up the energy and listen to him talk when he was in a talking mood... He was shot and killed by a jealous fake guru one morning early before daylight while bathing in a stream which was his habit. He had predicted his death years before as well as a reminder to his followers 3 days before he was shot. Awakened beings are not attached to the earthly form. He knew it was only a temporary appearance, an instrument of communication.

His hair was over 7 feet long and had to be held up or put up when he walked, otherwise it would drag behind him on the ground...

[​IMG]

Anti Aging, Youthful, Anti Aging, Anti Aging Process, Reverse Aging, Anti Aging.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. This basically nails it imo as far as cutting to the chase by eliminating all that we are NOT we are left with Who/What we are. From I AM THAT free pdf download (see link below if the excerpt sounds interesing.

"Watch your mind, how it comes into being, how it operates. As you watch your mind, you discover your self as the watcher. When you stand motionless, only watching, you discover your self as the light behind the watcher. The source of light is dark, unknown is the source of knowledge. That source alone is. Go back to that source and abide there. It is not in the sky nor in the all-pervading ether. God is all that is great and wonderful; I am nothing, have nothing, can do nothing. Yet all comes out of me — the source is me; the root, the origin is me."

"When reality explodes in you, you may call it experience of God. Or, rather, it is God experiencing you. God knows you when you know yourself. Reality is not the result of a process; it is an explosion. It is definitely beyond the mind, but all you can do is to know your mind well. Not that the mind will help you, but by knowing your mind you may avoid your mind disabling you. You have to be very alert, or else your mind will play false with you. It is like watching a thief — not that you expect anything from a thief, but you do not want to be robbed. In the same way you give a lot of attention to the mind without expecting anything from it."

here is the link to the free pdf of the book...
    http://www.nirgunjohn.com/assets/pdf/I-AM-THAT.pdf

16. "Everybody sees the world through the idea he has of himself. As you think yourself to be, so you think the world to be. If you imagine yourself as separate from the world, the world will appear as separate from you and you will experience desire and fear. I do not see the world as separate from me and so there is nothing for me to desire, or fear."
    ~Nisargadatta "I Am That" page 132 in the pdf download.

17. "Having never left the house you are asking for the way home. Get rid of wrong ideas, that is all. Collecting right ideas also will take you nowhere. Just cease imagining."

I AM THAT - page 207 of the pdf online.

18. The Buddhist nun in Australia who has this channel calls this a guided meditation and i guess it could be used for that.. i however opted to use CC magnified 200% changing the color to yellow... something about reading helps stuff soak in, plus i have trouble understanding her words due to either my bad earing or the recording... Anyway, this one is food for thought with the purpose of course to end thought and just BE out of ones mind which is Bliss...

19. "The Guru you have in mind, one who gives you information and instructions, is not the real Guru. The real Guru is he who knows the real, beyond the glamour of appearances. To him your questions about obedience and discipline do not make sense, for in his eyes the person you take yourself to be does not exist. Your questions are about a non-existing person."

"What exists for you does not exist for him. What you take for granted, he denies absolutely. He wants you to see yourself as he sees you. Then you will not need a Guru to obey and follow, for you will obey and follow your own reality. Realize that whatever you think yourself to be is just a stream of events; that while all happens, comes and goes, you alone are, the changeless among the changeful, the self-evident among the inferred. Separate the observed from the observer and abandon false identifications."
    - Nisargadatta