Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Appreciate the reply! I’ll get my pots ready ahead of time

• Like Like x 5
  2. I’m not sure this is telling or not as all plants were thirsty and this photo was taken minutes after watering. Day 34.

IMG_5159.JPG

I did label the pots! The healthy praying plant on the left (Sweet and Sour 1) is in the 11 week prepared soil and looks the healthiest and biggest. The middle is a SODK in the reused soil that was full of old roots, and the right side is Sweet and Sour 2 that went into freshly mixed soil. It’s not exactly exhaustive proof but the prepped soil with bennies is growing the healthiest and biggest plant so that’s something I guess...

As an aside, my wife is caring for them at the moment and she took it upon herself to cut a couple of fingers off the larger fan leaves that are blockers. I can’t tell which ones she did from the photo but thought it was good thinking! As long as it’s not a conduit for pathogens (which I think is possible) it seems like a good half way house. Let some light through to the lowers and still be able to photosynthesise. Anyone got thoughts on this? I mean, you wouldn’t fuck around like this on a commercial grow but we are crafting 3 plants in a tiny tent here so can pander to the little ladies as much as we like.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 7
  3. Left these out just for experimental reasons as I've noticed the plants aren't as affected by temperature as I thought they previously were not saying that these can grow through the snow who knows but it didn't get cold enough to freeze last night so I left them out just to see what they'd do in the snow and absolutely nothing happened though it was only one night and the male is droopy he's not happy about the reveg process and all the sunlight he's getting now that wasn't from snow you can see the female is still perfectly fine she's had no issues but she wasn't flowered then reveg it is supposed to get below freezing at one point tonight but only for a brief hour I'll put them in the garage I don't want any frozen pieces tomorrow morning

20210421_075956.jpg 20210421_080021.jpg 20210421_144603.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Thanks to Mauwie I went out and mixed up all the soil, slightly different mixes in each so I’m curious to see what performs the best. They’re sitting in my dark tent now until I get my beans.

IMG_0098.JPG

I will be keeping it moist but would it be a good idea to give it a little spray of water and molasses? Maybe that’ll help kickstart everything

• Like Like x 6
  5. I'd hit it with some water and 200x aloe and call it a day. I've never used molasses though

• Like Like x 5
  6. Don’t have Aloe :/ I’ll have to see where I can get it from around here

• Like Like x 5
  7. I don't know molasses is needed, but how I start the process is by fully hydrating that soil, field capacity top to bottom. Then I just let it sit, in my growing condition. Lights on, etc.. That's when I stabilize the environment. Humidifier, dehumidifier, ac, heater etc.. Whatever you need to dial it in so the temp and rh are as stable as possible before you drop beans. Becomes second nature after you do it a few times, but with autos you want to keep your Temps up around 80 all the time, that takes some effort to truly dial in the grow space.
    Anyway, I can't say if you should or shouldn't use molasses, but getting em up to temp and hydrated is important. Sorry to ramble, I'm doing another sampling of my Malawi, and is just has my mind in a trance.
    I'm excited to watch your grow, my official guess to the biggest plant goes to that bigger grow bag
    :weed:

• Like Like x 7
  8. Those plants look fantastic.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Of all the VPD charts I’ve looked at, I like this one the most. Thanks for sharing!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I believe I have my temp controller set to stay between 77 and 85. Right now as it's cool the heater kicks on when it hits 77 and shuts off at 85. They seem to be happy. I may turn the high range down from. 85 to 82-83 and keep a really narrow swing

• Like Like x 7
  11. Rambles are appreciated, they give me lots to read and learn haha. It’s gonna take some work for me to reach 80’s I think unless my light gives off a good amount of heat (I’m in a cold basement) but they’ll be outside after a month anyways. The pots are hydrated and chillin in the tent so they’ll have like a week to sit before they even see a seed.

I will be putting a CDLC in a 5 gallon and the 7 gallon (bigger one) then a freebie in the other 5 so we’ll see how that turns out!

Save the molasses for teas?

• Like Like x 5
  12. Also I appreciate all your guys’ help and patience. I tend to overthink and stress out a little so I’m always asking questions and worrying.

That’s why I like organics... LITFA (kinda)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I don't make those kind of teas, I can't say. I do use some alfalfa and kelp tea, but not active. More of an extract tea for gibberlins and natural growth regulators, as well as micronutrients. And plenty of folks grow autos under 80 degrees and do well, I would say it's mandatory but I have had stunted autos before, and now I go the extra mile to make sure temp isn't a reason if it happens again. Lol.
    Back to the molasses, I wonder what the NPK is on that? I see a lot of folks using that and it has me curious.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. #11074 NorthernAutos, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    I’ll see what I can do about temps!

I’m not sure what the NPK values would be, to my knowledge its mainly used for the sugar and carbs to feed the microbes? I think? Could be bro-science

• Like Like x 6
  15. Scratched in a few tbs of fishbone meal. She's going to get big. Seems happy so far except for the foliar I did and was in a hurry so I didn't get all the neem emulsified well enough. Didn't seem to burn it though

20210421_214925.jpg 20210421_214849.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Hi guys!

Its been 10 days after I first post about the overwatering issue that I experienced. Now girls look like that... I take off the leaves that are dry and death. Today is the day 45 and there are no flowers. Is it due to the stress of over watering ? I saw some new growth on the branches that can be seen in images.

I am totally lost right now. Dont know what to do. A bit sad and unmotivated. They look unhealthy and given up. Could you please help me ?

Is there any chance that they can be harvested ? Should I start a new grow ?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  17. It’s just easy. I’ve got printed sheets all over my walls but this is way easier.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I get so impatient at this stage. I want to see pistils! As I already chucked out a male from Falcon’s Reg auto seeds I used, I don’t want to see another. It’s tricky working away from home and relying on photographs.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Ok, the advance soil prep question got me thinking. Here’s a question for you experienced and clever folk, if I want to keep all my soil from my fabric pots after harvest, how should I store it? I don’t intend to grow over the summer months (I’ll be working plus it’s difficult for me to control temps), so I’d need to store my soil for 3 months. I want to keep it indoors. Just leave in the bags with a little moisture or tip it all out into a bigger container. Leave roots or take them out?

• Like Like x 3
  20. I would dump the whole thing, roots and all into a tote. Make sure it’s damp and cover with wet cardboard. The loosely place the cover on the tote so there is some air exchange. Every so often add a little water to the soil and cardboard. A cool spot like a basement is a great storage spot.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1