Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. I've got 4 96 Elite V2's running my tent. I personally would recommend these over a COB setup. I'd be happy to answer any questions or give you any guidance you'd like if you go the 96 route!

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Happy 420 y’all! Everyone smoke up your autos! (Thx sinse) I’m gonna be smoking on some cookie and creme stomper this morning, might be a bit naughty and throw In some tobacco :p. Have a great day y’all

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Yummie!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 4
  4. Happy new year, peeps!

So far, this grow is a TON of fun. So happy I decided to give autos a try - OS, I'm directing this at you. Without this thread, I had written autos off as some weird thing.

Day 18
    [​IMG]

When these things decide to start growing, they really do don't they? I remember seeing your threads about training, and how much growth you'd have in 1 day. I didn't think I'd see it. I am wrong.

Case in point, on my 3BOGxDG I had pinned down that first node's lateral branches yesterday as they were just barely long enough to do so. But when I took the below pic today...
    [​IMG]

@Organic sinse or others - I assume you do not let the very first set of branches grow - the ones that grow from the 1st true leaf just above the cotyledon? I'm trying to approach this like I would growing tomatoes and am likely to pinch those off since they're so far down and shaded.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Those first nodes will be the longest and easily grow out, and up to the top of the plant.
    All these are keepers. No branches get removed, at least for me.

Edit:
    This pic shows how substantial that first lower branching is. We had a terrible accident on one of these, but you can see how they fatten up and become important.
    20210203_171657.jpg
    Cheers, happy 420

• Like Like x 8
  6. Heads up on true north seed bank 4/20 promo.
    Very large selection of autos (including mephisto). 25% off and some by one get one packs.
    I paid with etherium and got two extra freebies. I'll end up with more freebies than seeds I bought.
    :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 5
  7. Some strains I remove those some I don't. I'm leaning towards just automatically removing them as time goes by. and I gain more experience. On those 3BOG crosses I always get rid of them right away. Are you doing a little bit of ponytail training on the top as well. She will take to it well.
    Looking truly awesome my friend! That's some great smoke too!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 5
  8. I was just thinking of starting ponytail training tomorrow, actually. I had just started with training the fan leaves and branches a few days ago, didn't want to stress them too much.

The 3BOG was one I wasn't as excited about, but as I watch it grow it's definitely showing some vigor and am now stoked to grow this, especially with your and other's experience with it.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Those 3BOG crosses, I found tricky at first. Not really sure why. Now that I have run quite a few I'm digging them. They like being trained, and seem like they can take up a lot of nutrients if they are made available.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 5
  10. Great thread folks. I'm still back on page 93. Just thought I'd drop a few pictures of a Dinafem Cheese XXL @ 15 days. This one had a rough start... But, lived. The second one is a Pyramid seed auto purple that popped up today. DSCN0651.JPG DSCN0649.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  11. I gotta say, I was shocked to hear this. It was like blasphemy to my ears!
    So, I went and looked at all four of my girls, day 55(51 for pluto), and I looked at the two lowest branches on each plant, and followed them all to the top.
    They start out big and fat at the meristem but by the time they get near the top of the plant they were all these spindly limbs that don't even resemble the other ones. There was no need on 3 of 4 to have these, in fact it made training the rest of the plant more difficult.
    The CDLC was only one that both of those lowest shoots were productive members of the plant. All the rest, waste of time and energy.
    I'll be damned

• Like Like x 7
  12. I never used to remove them, ever. Like you said, they all get thin and spindly the longer they get. There are some strains that actually make good stuff on those branches, but not many. Usually, I would dry trim that bottom branch first, and it was just depressing and took forever.
    What works the best for me is to get rid of the bottom branch as soon as two or three branches above it are growing good. At that point, it won’t slow down the plant, and has only wasted a small amount of energy growing the bottom branch. In stead of tucking a leaf to give it light, just get rid of the lower branch.
    It definitely makes training easier, especially when it comes to ‘clocking’ a little offset to the branches above. Less stuff to work around is always better.
    I have reallly been trying to up my quality game with lots of little tweaks like that. It makes a difference, and all the little tweaks and tricks add up. In fact, it’s these 3BOG crosses that have me trying to ‘up’ that end of my game. I feel like I have really made improvements with those crosses.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Ohh man, it truly would help a lot with clocking. I struggle there, still working on it.
    Good stuff
    :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 4
  14. #11054 NorthernAutos, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    I won’t be popping seeds for about a week but would it be a good time to get my pots ready? Will that have any benefits?

All the soil is in a bag in a Rubbermaid bin in my basement currently.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. That's been my experience as well - that those very first branches, while they do grow up and can near the canopy, never really get quite there and the bud quality is usually larfy. Thus my comment about treating them like a tomato plant and pruning that off toward the beginning. Glad to see others are validating that view - even if Nosmatt was a nonbeliever at first ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I think it’s logical that it will. The longer the soil sits the longer soil microbes and fungi have to establish. I did one that didn’t get used for 11 weeks but I’d dosed it with LAB and some other beneficial products. When I came to use it, the soil was very lightly holding together in clumps, I assume from mycelium. This pot is doing marginally better than the other two. One was a fresh mix, the other was a SODK that I cut down, cut out the tap root with a carving knife and planted my seed in a little starter mix in that hole. That plant is slightly smaller than the other two. My only caveat is that I’m in 3 gallon fabric pots in organic soil but I’m using organic bottled nutes to supplement.
    I hope that is in some way helpful.
    I’ll check tonight and see if this is still the case but it certainly was for the first 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  18. I did carefully water that 11 week soil and kept it inside with a cardboard lid on the soil to keep the moisture in. I think it needs to stay damp but not saturated.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Oh, I came on here to share this link. It’s a really handy VPD calculator if anyone is interested:
    Hi https://vpdchart.com/#C,53,24.5,22.5

Truth is I’m addicted to this thread

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. In regards to the soils as srfr is speaking to above, I’d recommend anyone regardless of if your using the same soil in each pot or not to label your pots themselves.

I really wish I did this from the start as I saw very different growth from pot to pot with my sour stomper snd now I’m seeing varying growth with my skywalker. I wish I had labeled the pots to see if the best growth from the SS is also the same
    Pot I’m seeing the best growth from with the Skywalker.

unfortunately after chopping and reamending my soil they got all mixed up so I don’t know one from the other

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1