Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Mychorrizael fungi often won't search out food and set up networks and pathways if there is an abundance of nutrients. This is especially true, and well documented, with regards to Phosphorous. That's also part of the reason that I use such a big 'plug' of seed starter. I want my microbes to search and hunt.
    Just like with watering. I try to coax the roots into the main part of the soil, by leaving the center a touch on the dry side.
    We don't want to starve our plants or deny them water, but just encourage them to go out searching.
    Once the microbes are up and running, and are able to use everything available, it takes a lot less nutrients than you might think. I have vegged plants in straight leafmold, with no amendments and had them grow large. They did run a little low on N, but I was surprised how far I got using nothing.
    cheers
    os

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Still cruising water only and foliars. Fishbone meal will be here this week. Flower is around the corner.

I have 2 cuts of her that are looking good in the rooting process. Might take a few more I'm digging her

20210419_211342.jpg 20210419_211408.jpg

Never mind the overdo transplant lol

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. I know this probably isn’t the place but I don’t know where else to ask.

Is a Kingbrite 240w enough for a 4x2 tent that won’t ever be packed full? I’ll only ever have 2 autos in the tent or one good sized photo and I’m not planning on monsters. Does that make a difference vs. a tent that’s PACKED with 4+ plants?

• Like Like x 4
  4. I don’t know about the Kingbrite, but in a tent where the plants have room, and aren’t packed in, you should get a lot better light penetration down into the canopy and on lower parts of the plant. So, less crowded, less light output needed. Since we run longer days in flower than they do with photo plants, some written recommendations will be a lot higher than needed with autos. I have run blurple panels and cobs. I would think that 120 watts per plant from the kingbrite would be adequate.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cool, thank you.

I bought a BP1000 (95w) from Amazon to veg in the meantime but I guess I could keep it and run it with the 240w if needed.

• Like Like x 3
  6. I’ve got a 240w led bar from unit farm (built by Mars Hydro) and I pulled almost a pound off 4 plants with it a few months back in my 4x2 so yes, you should be good. Now I’m doing a run without topping (I usually top) I wish I had cobs or one of the new hinged multi bar LEDs but I guess I’d never be satisfied whatever I had lol. Good luck dude and happy 420 to you and all the other friendly and helpful people in here, especially OS. Good info to be found here!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. #11027 ChicagroCon, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    HAPPY420GROWHOMIES!
    38700CF5-750D-48A3-B02E-71325AD2798B.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Happy 420 y'all

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 6
  9. Happy 420 blades

• Like Like x 5
  10. Is it wrong to not smoke on 420 haha enjoy everyone

• Like Like x 6
  11. Perfect that’s what I like to hear!

• Like Like x 4
  12. I'll be juicing

• Like Like x 4
  13. Does anyone here dry vape? I’ve been doing it for a few years now and my lungs thank me. I’m after a suggestion for a compact desktop version that plugs in to mains that’s not the volcano (too big). Any suggestions? There are 420 sales on today and I’m keen to get my wife off rolling herb with tobacco. I figure a potent dry herb (flower) vaporiser might be the trick? Maybe you are all old school combustion heads but worth the ask...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  14. I set my alarm for 415 this morning so I could be high by 420.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I vape I've used a gpen elite and Argo. I like the Argo better. Had desktop but gave it away.... *Whistles* now someone shares his bag of wonder with his partner and good times are had by all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. I usually prefer a raw paper or glass. I've always wanted to try dry vape though

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. As you know vaporizers are not the same kind of buzz and they're not as much fun to smoke. Maybe healthier but the buzz is different and doesn't last as long.

My wife loves her old gpen elite. I hate that thing but it's got a big bowl and she can get three sessions out of it three different temps.

I'm still using a MV1 Ghost. Overpriced and obsolete now.

Dynavap Vapcaps Are expensive for what they are and they look like a crack pipe when you're using it. These require a quiet place and a torch lighter. They get me where I want to go and they do it efficiently. Most similar to a one hitter.

I think heavn gave away an arizer extreme q. That is my desktop choice and I use it with a whip. The bag is an option but it makes me cough too much. You can load the extreme q up really go through a lot of product or you can just do an elbow load for single person small session.

It's hard to get someone to convert to vaporizing if they prefer smoking.

I guess I'm feeling talkative this morning.

Good luck there are so many good choices today is a great day to do the purchase.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  18. i have a PAX2 it’s really nice

nothing will ever replace a nice joint but for sure my throat etc thanks me when I vape, and with the pax it heats up and goes into “standby” mode automatically so sometimes if I’m gaming etc and it’s just sitting on my desk you can use it as your leisure rather than have to prepare it etc.

it’s pricey but I’d recommend it

• Like Like x 4
  19. Lol you are correct that is what I gave away. It's being put to good use though! I am happy.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Already on top of it! Great series!

When I start this next grow, I will make sure my medium is properly hydrated, will order the wetting agent with saponin, will mist from the top away from the plant to encourage root growth but not water too much so that the excess drains into an empty res and stagnates.

Will keep a top on the res pipe during the grow to keep out any critters, will water in once the roots are active and reaching the sides and the res. Once I start watering, I will water in em1-recharge once a week into a dry res and will let it go dry before water in nothing but water (plant has to be vigorous enough to drink the res dry so it won’t go anaerobic.

I’ve noticed over the past few years, people were filling their res with water and other things that weren’t immediately able to be taken up by a immature root system leaving the res anaerobic after a period of time causing the plant a multitude of problems. I am hoping this strategy we’ve discussed will keep me free of these problems and no whammies with stunted growth since I’ll be growing a ton of Rocbud Autos.

Once again, really appreciate you OS. I’ve read your posts for years on multiple forums and always appreciate your dropping knowledge and great conversations without the stupidity that a lot of posters bring... So, Thank You and Happy 420!

• Like Like x 5