Anyone using Pentane for extraction?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by OilXGreen, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Hello
    I have been experimenting with Pentane for extracting THC and was curious if anyone has experience with this solvent.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The days of solvents needs to come to an end. Ill take some hair straightner rosin over solvent hash anyday. IDC how much you purged it. Pentane sucks btw. There is a reason its not used....

3. Hello
    I am not familiar with "btw"
    Have you actually used Pentane for "hash oil" extraction?
    Sounds nasty.

4. BTW = by the way.

Pentane is just another hydrocarbon no different then using Butane, Hexane, Propane and the like.
    I'd rather my extraction was done with a non toxic solvent like Ethyl Alcohol or C02 in either high pressure extraction or low tech dry ice shaking like I've done for years.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    My 2 cents
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Thanks for your info.

6. I was hoping to talk with others who have actually used Pentane for THC extraction.
    I understand why some people would not want to use solvents to extract THC, but this thread is for people who do.
    In my experience Pentane is very easy to work with due to it's low boiling point. This makes it easy to recover for reuse, easy to purge from final product and it seams to extract the best parts of the original marijuana. There is no need to winterize or process in any other way to get a high quality concentrate (hash oil).
    I have created a very simple closed looped system for extracting THC using Pentane and was hoping to talk with others who have used Pentane.

Thanks for your replies but I think they belong in a different thread..

• Like Like x 1
  7. I don't use it but your comment deserves a round of applause,well said.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Can we get a pic of this closed loop extraction and a quick description of it.

9. [​IMG]
    This is a very simple system. All that is needed to process your weed is hot and cold water.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I used to work for an extraction company. I know lots of different extractors as well and ive never heard of anyone using Pentane. The best extracts made form a solvent that ive seen came from a butane propane mix. If its not commonly used my guess is there is a reason for that such as toxicity, cost, or availability.

11. My experience has been different. If you look at websites of cannabis testers they all do Pentane testing, Pentane has a low toxicity level, the fact that it is very easy to recover the actual cost is low and Pentane is available at most Graingers stores, it can be easily purchased online and at many chemical supply outlets.

12. We have had a sample of our final product tested for residual solvents by Steep Hill in Oakland, CA. The results are 3100 ppm (parts per million) and the safe level is 5000 ppm. The actual report is attached HERE.

13. Yes, I used it for the first time a couple of days ago and it was amazing. I made my own green oil x distillation unit with a copper coil. The bomb!

14. Great!! We encourage everyone to make their own and let us know how we can make our system better.
    I am a little concerned about using copper as it can rust and contaminate your Pentane first and then any THC processed with that Pentane.

15. What grade of n-pentane do you recommend using?

16. Sorry for the delay responding. You should use 95% pure n-Pentane or iso-Pentane. Hope that helps.